Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers Movie Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well that is really one sided, it is true Norton was more than willing to be Hulk but there were tons and tons of reports of the difficulty he gave crew on his movie.

In the end you had to trim ego's and his was the most expendable I am guessing. Its a shame because I think he would have been fantastic with the others they selected.

Yea, it kills me knowing that he won't be in it. I don't know what it is, but it's the one thing that seems really incomplete in all of this. Bah!! *Almost* perfect...

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Well that is really one sided, it is true Norton was more than willing to be Hulk but there were tons and tons of reports of the difficulty he gave crew on his movie.

In the end you had to trim ego's and his was the most expendable I am guessing. Its a shame because I think he would have been fantastic with the others they selected.
    I've worked with Assistant Directors that said Norton can be a real jerk (I cleaned it up actually)
    but it does suck that this is the third Bruce Banner! geez!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Leader of the Autobots Optimus Prime's Avatar
    Homeworld: Cybertron. the great Autobot city of Iacon
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    I've worked with Assistant Directors that said Norton can be a real jerk (I cleaned it up actually)
    but it does suck that this is the third Bruce Banner! geez!
    Maybe he is and maybe he isn't. But I think the only reason The Incredible Hulk was as awesome as it was was because of his rewrite of the script.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings, but freedom isn't free."
    http://www.myspace.com/tkd_trevor

The Comic-Con concept art posters, still missing the Hulk one to complete the whole picture. These are so cool! Nice to see Hawkeye and Maria Hill as well as the new Captain America costume. If that's the helicarrier above Hawkeye and Nick Fury, I'm not too happy with that design, hope it's not final.

(Edited to include the Hulk poster)

Last edited by krugos; July 24, 2011 at 05:18pm.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Really, really incredible! I can't wait! That must be a Quinjet above Black Widow too!

This is my favorite superhero team of all time...and Cap my favorite superhero.So I am living a dream come true!

Thanks to marvel for this awesome series of movies!
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger PR PAC
    PSN: Avenger12PR

I think that's by far the best looking Hulk design yet - by a ton.

Yeah it is very Kirby-esque.

I like the last Hulk though but this one def screams more of a primal force which is the Hulk.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Big image of the full banner:

I didn't know that Agent Scully was replacing Black Widow as an Avenger.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    It's interesting that Red Skull is in the banner. Have we heard he's returning in Avengers? (SPOILERS!!!!!!)I got a bit of a Bi-Frost bridge sense from his last scene in CA:TFA. I wonder if he's stuck in the same place as Loki after Thor, but Loki can get out because of his magic and being a god and all.(END SPOILERS!!!!!)

This movie has been hyped up for so long, I wonder if it can live up to expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    I think that's by far the best looking Hulk design yet - by a ton.

Yea it does look good. Although I'm SUPER disappointed that Norton's gone, the one positive note that just stood out for whatever reason is that Mark Ruffalo actually looks more like the Hulk in the face then Norton. Just some of his general features, eyes especially. Does it really matter ehh...not really I suppose, but just an observation.

Yah know when I hear stories of ungrateful, hard to work with actors with bloated egos it really ticks me off. You are so overpaid, and put up on a pedastal, worshipped and rewarded, and you can't even be reasonable to work with? God.

Luckily Ed played a character who can easily be replaced by CGI and contribute the same to the film with or without his ego.

"The Avengers | Teaser Trailer Sneak Peek" is available on YouTube, but it can't be embedded.
    If Jack Bauer was on Lost, everything would have been solved in 24 hours!

If Jack Bauer was on Heroes, he wouldn't need to save the cheerleader to save the world.

^^ Thanks for the stills! The images flashed by so quickly in the trailer, it's hard to get a good look at anything!

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    I'm excited. The only part of the movie I can't get excited about is Black Widow. She's ALWAYS bored me and I just don't like the character. Feels like she's just there for her bewbs. For the female(s) I'd much rather see Wasp, Tigra and/or She-Hulk (though that would probably work best first as a Hulk 2 character).
    I'm with you, especially since she has no powers. Wasp or Scarlet Witch would have been a better choice as the token female. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
    I want to smurf your smurf.

would marvel even be able to put scarlet witch in an avengers movie? i'm guessing she's only available for fox to use since she's a no good mutie. kind of a shame if that's the case though. i think she and quicksilver are just as synonymous with the avengers as they are with the x-men.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    I'm with you, especially since she has no powers.
    Gonna reveal my ignorance here, but does Hawkeye? Or Fury or Coulson? She did have typical action movie heroine super powers in Iron Man 2, you know where even with small muscles she can still take down several bigger guys with fast kicks and punches. That's still pretty useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Teelor View Post
    I'm with you, especially since she has no powers. Wasp or Scarlet Witch would have been a better choice as the token female. Seems like a no-brainer to me.
    I actually like that most of the Avengers don't have actual powers. I think it grounds things a bit and it makes Thor and Hulk much more unique.

Batman has now powers either, somehow he got into the JLA.

Heroic Eternian Mechanic TechTrek's Avatar
    those painted posters are obviously like the cap/thor ones last year, not exact. from the trailer thor has a different looking costume, Ironman has a triangle arch reactor........

but those pictures look amazing.

Apparently Thor wears a few different outfits. I'm guessing Iron Man might be the same. Though the posters could be mostly based on concepts that changed during filming.

And Black Widow is AWESOME.If you never read her Marvel Knights mini-series you should. I was enjoying her ongoing too until I dropped buying monthly comics. Which reminds me, I need to see if there's a trade of it yet...

The stills are great, although I don't care much for Thor's new look, hope it's just an Avengers thing and doesn't stick for Thor's sequel.

I like Black Widow, as a fan I would rather see Wasp or Ms. Marvel, but Black Widow adds a different kind of character which probably works better for the movie.
    Ms. Marvel is my favorite heroine, but with Thor and Iron Man, I don't see a point to bring yet another strong flying hero to the team, a Carol Danvers without powers cameo would make me happy though, maybe to have her later in her own Ms. Marvel solo movie.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

You gotta remember that this is just the first of what I'm guessing they'll shoot for at least three of these. No need to spill even more characters into the mix as this is quite a tandem to begin with. I'm sure that Wasp, Giant Man, etc. will show up down the road as things like that always seem to happen anyway.