Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers Movie Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Modern Cap

I dunno. It's too neat? I liked how the WWII was so practical and gritty. Glad they did capture his look and colors though. Chain mail would have been nice. Guessing that's spcial Kevlar designed by Stark.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    uhg, I hope that is a stunt double wearing a cheap costume...
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Bang your head!!!
    Nope, thats Chris. The suit looks pretty good... when he is posed, but standing around it looks kinda hokey.
    All in all I look forward to this more then The Dark Knight Rises.

***SPOILER IMAGES AND VIDEO***
    http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...m-the-avengers...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

That is so much Marvel madness. How are they ever going to pull this one off?

I liked better the WWII suit, this looks cool too but maybe it's too simple, I would also like the belt as brown instead of blue. Still surely it will look better on film than what we see in these pics.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

I like the other suit better overall, but I think this one is very cool for a more "superhero" suit.

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    I liked better the WWII suit, this looks cool too but maybe it's too simple, I would also like the belt as brown instead of blue. Still surely it will look better on film than what we see in these pics.
    I agree. The WWII suit looked more practical. This one, for whatever reason, makes me think of Power Rangers. It's more simplified, I think. I don't hate it, but I liked the other one better.

Heroic Warrior
    It was also Batman's plans that took down the JLA.

and Captain America isnt exactly just human, he is enhanced (super soldier serum). The movie so far looks neat and all, but im jus waiting for The Hulk to punch Thor.

Road to The Avengers

MARVEL One-Shot: The Consultant

Last edited by krugos; September 30, 2011 at 12:11am.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Road to the Avengers is just kind of a review (aw man, that Hulk footage just rubbed it in more than we're on a third Banner actor). However The Consultant was great! So....I guess that means neither Ross nor the Abomination will be in Avengers? If so then it's even better to now have some context for the Hulk bumper.

The Cap costume looks fine to me. I might be wrong, but it sounds to me like the criticism that it looks bland are probably what the scales are meant to satisfy on other recent costume designs (Superman, Spider-Man, Star Trek, etc).

I really prefer the WWII costume. This one is ok but I dont like the silver stripes on his shoulder and why does the red stripe in the middle have a thinner stripe next to it?

They should have kept the "look" of the old costume but with updated material. This one is too streamlined
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Is it my feeling or that suit is terrible?

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Bang your head!!!
    Too much blue. I don't understand the blue belt or the stripe that covers the white on the arms...
    My art blog:
    http://jeremypeerboom.blogspot.com/

The Power and Honor Foundation:
    http://www.powerandhonor.org/

Gah, my eyes!

I hope the suit looks better in the movie, but that picture makes it look terrible. And Evans' facial expression makes me feel like he's sharing that particular feeling.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

What happened to his muscles? He looks so skinny that when he swallows a gumball he looks 9 months pregnant.

How many years has it been now and fans don't know to not judge costumes by production stills? I'm sure once on film it'll look great. Costumes are screen tested for the cameras/lighting they are actually going to use in the film so when some passerby snaps a quick photo is bound to look not-so-great. I do like the WWII suit better overall I THINK. But again I'll wait to see what this looks like on film.

JonWes - that might be true most of the time, but there have been cases in which the outfits look as silly on screen as they did in the pictures (most fresh example: Green Lantern). I do hope what you're saying applies this time around aswell, but I don't think it's totally unfound to have concerns after seeing stills of silly looking (IMO) costume.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    The suit looks ok. I do agree that I think the WW2 costume looked a bit better because Cap looked a little more buff in the outfit. In the modern one, he looks a tad skinny.

I would have had his upper chest a bit padded (You can say its armored) and buff up his arms a bit.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Check these out:
    http://sciencefiction.com/2011/09/04...-the-avengers/

Those are the best Hawkeye pics I've seen so far. It's the suit from his new Ultimate comic. No mask?

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    JonWes - that might be true most of the time, but there have been cases in which the outfits look as silly on screen as they did in the pictures (most fresh example: Green Lantern). I do hope what you're saying applies this time around aswell, but I don't think it's totally unfound to have concerns after seeing stills of silly looking (IMO) costume.
    Wasn't the GL suit just gray with little CGI markers in set shots because it was all CGI? Or do you mean promo shots? In any case, you're right - it COULD turn out bad... though to be honest I personally don't think it looks terrible right now... even if I do prefer the WWII one so far. For instance, in the shots of him with Hawkeye in the link Wonderboy provide, I think Cap looks pretty good. You see the details on the suit and the color is a nice tone.

The only thing I really don't like is all around the head area. It seems a bit loose on him... and right not he looks oddly pasty and sickly. I'm hoping that's just the makeup for the camera looking odd. People have pointed out that the suit might not be as super-fitted as it could be since it's an "action" suit meant for lots of running and jumping and not necessarily for close-ups.

As for Hawkeye, I like it okay. It definitely seems like it's straight out of the Ultimate comic. The only problem I have there is that it seems a bit generic. But I'm wondering if he's more of a Shield agent than an Avenger at this point and if he and Widow eventually get more "superhero-like" costumes.
    Last edited by JonWes; September 5, 2011 at 12:05am.

these kings of photos expose to the movies' stars , they don't look as beautiful or as perfect their bodies
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; September 5, 2011 at 12:26am.
    Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

I don't mind Captain America's suit. It's his helmet I don't like. It throws it all off.

Well to his credit, Evans looks like a giant next to Renner.

Quote Originally Posted by sonofblaine View Post
    I'm excited. The only part of the movie I can't get excited about is Black Widow. She's ALWAYS bored me and I just don't like the character. Feels like she's just there for her bewbs. For the female(s) I'd much rather see Wasp, Tigra and/or She-Hulk (though that would probably work best first as a Hulk 2 character).
    I feel the same way. But unlike the Justice League or (ironically) the X-Men, I always viewed the Avengers as a boys club.

The female characters on the team are no where near as recognizable(or powerful) as their male counterparts. In fact, it always seemed that Marvel's most famous women (Storm, Jean Grey, Rogue, the Invisible Woman, Black Cat) were never in the series. The best known one they have, IMO, is She-hulk.

Also, I do NOT like the changes for the Cap costume. I loved the WWII version. I agree that it was grittier and looked more functional. Let's hope this version looks good in the right lighting. This one looks too much like a costume whereas the WWII movie version looked more like a warrior suit with patriotic colors (on steroids).
    Last edited by Blue; September 10, 2011 at 06:33am.
    RIP Andy Conrad.

Official picture. Cap looks way better, that's a good hue work, they will have those colors looking cool for the film.

Rimbaud