Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: The Avengers Movie Talkback Thread - SPOILERS

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post
    I was like "well it looks cool, but I didn't see any Hulk.../sigh."

then BLAM!
    that's exactly how my friends and i felt when we saw it!

Was the Hulk shot new, or from the previous movie? It was pretty quick but it almost looked like a shot from the last movie to me.
    One Gum Drop to rule them all, One Gum Drop to find them,
    One Gum Drop to bring them all and in the sweetness bind them
    In the Land of Candy where the Gingerbreads lie.
    -Tag line for the Candy Land Movie Adaptation

There are sentences I should just stay a way from. - The Doctor

Rob Liefeld isn't a comic artist, he's a women's clothing designer. Think about it

Heroic Warrior
    it was new, the old one has a less caveman face, the new one has a big forehead!

New Hulk is probably based on Ruffalo's facial features.

It actually seems to be based more off of art from people such as jack Kirby.
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

I might be in a very tiny minority, but I dig Ruffalo as dr. Banner. I'm still bummed that Norton couldn't be in this movie, but I'm not sad that Ruffalo is replacing him.
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Looked good, but no the music did nothing for me.

Having seen the Transformer movies, I'd say that the look of the second unit elements is the one aspect of Bay's movies that is worth emulating. So looking like the glossy Transformers movies isn't so bad if there is substance to go with it.

I can understand holding back on villains I guess, be they Skrulls or whoever. The focus is on the team, on putting all of these star characters together in one movie and not as a near-last gasp for life as in Frankenstein meets the Wolfman or Aliens vs Predator either. Loki isn't too small of a villain for trailers since we know him already and know he's powerful. The only other villain we know isn't dead is Abomination, and I'm kind of surprised he's not in there too. I'd be plenty happy to see Red Skull too, but I get letting us think he's dead and having him turn up again later.

Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I might be in a very tiny minority, but I dig Ruffalo as dr. Banner. I'm still bummed that Norton couldn't be in this movie, but I'm not sad that Ruffalo is replacing him.
    I don't have an opinion of Ruffalo good or bad, but the new Hulk looks pretty good. I just don't like that there won't be more of Norton's Banner as I liked him in the Incredible Hulk movie and wanted follow ups to that (plus it's a distracting continuity break like replacing Howard with Cheadle in Iron Man or to a lesser extent recasting Rachel in Batman--not that I cared about her character enough to really mind). My hope would be it'll go more like the latter than the former of those two examples, but it's still a loss as I really wanted Norton's Banner to deal with the Leader in a follow up.

Evil Master of Warcraft
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidi View Post
    I might be in a very tiny minority, but I dig Ruffalo as dr. Banner.
    When I heard he was the new Banner I paused...then thought.."Perfect".
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Extended Super Bowl Avengers trailer:

Looks awesome to me, I can't wait for this movie!
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I think I've watched the "I Have an Army." "We have a Hulk." scene about a million times now! What an awesome scene!

I am excited for this!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

After seeing this clip I have to say the hell with all the comic book haters or purists! These movies are good and make money and besides alot of this was filmed in C-Town (My hometown) so it makes it even cooler!

Despite not liking many of the characters in this movie I may still see it because Loki was cool in Thor, Black Widow was cool in Iron Man 2 and the Hulk...

well the Hulk is just COOL period

so for those three reasons alone I can look past the fact I don't like Thor, Captain America, Hawkeye or Iron Man (I have no feelings one way or the other for Nick Fury) and I will no doubt see this movie at some point and more than likely the eventual DVD release.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Love that Super Bowl trailer!!

I can't wait for May 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I think I've watched the "I Have an Army." "We have a Hulk." scene about a million times now! What an awesome scene!

I am excited for this!
    Yeah I rewatched that line a few time, classic. Really looking forward to this!
    Last edited by 13977; February 7, 2012 at 11:25am.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I must concur. It looks like another winner for Marvel. I'll be watching it.
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    New trailer is up. It is on Apple's website and I can't embed it.

Still looks good.
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

By far the best looking Hulk yet.

Agreed. The Hulk looks great here. Can't wait for this movie.

Avengers just got me at Thor vs Iron Man...

I don't see a big deal with Hulk but I dread Ruffalo as Banner. Although, I love seeing him smashing ships and saving IM.
    Great trade orgers: Son of Keldor - sdilks -JeMaBo2 x3 - Kowl - Bigassbuzz (Hyveofvillany) - Queen Marlena - mikescab

My feedback thread

new trailer looks great, the new poster looks like crap.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Just saw the new trailer. I keep getting more exciting the more I see of this movie.

Now if we could just get an X-Men movie that's like this, that would be THE X-Men movie I've been waiting all my life to see.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

I can't stop watching the new trailer over and over, lol. Where do I sign to get Cap's treatment and freeze myself for a couple of months?

Quote Originally Posted by SLO-MAN View Post
    Now if we could just get an X-Men movie that's like this, that would be THE X-Men movie I've been waiting all my life to see.
    That would be awesome. I still enjoy the X-Men films (used to enjoy them more, when there was no Marvel Cinematic Universe to compare them with), but I wish Fox would end that messy continuity and reboot the franchise.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

it's way easier if you think of first class as a reboot. the only things that tie it to the previous movies for me are the concentration camp scene and the cameo. neither of them are very strong ties.

Quote Originally Posted by krugos View Post
    That would be awesome. I still enjoy the X-Men films (used to enjoy them more, when there was no Marvel Cinematic Universe to compare them with), but I wish Fox would end that messy continuity and reboot the franchise.
    X1, X2 and First class are definitely all good films, Origins is decent and X3 is terrible IMO. So the X-movies are good for the most part. But, I agree, compared to the Marvel cinematic universe, they simply lack that extra umph.

Quote Originally Posted by mightybuck View Post
    it's way easier if you think of first class as a reboot. the only things that tie it to the previous movies for me are the concentration camp scene and the cameo. neither of them are very strong ties.
    I personally consider First Class, X1 and X2 a single trilogy. Yes, there are some minor continuity issues, but for the most part they flow well together in my opinion.
    Fictional characters are just that. Fictional. They have no personality or free will of their own.
    Writers and editors mold them to their own wants and needs.
    All we as the audience and fans can do is pick and choose our favorite interpretation and ignore the rest.

judging by the newest trailer, the team could really use some help from Wakanda if you know what I mean because Black Widow's lil gun and Hawkeye's arrows don't really have me convinced, lol