Thread: "Loo-Kee Lends a Hand"

Widget

"Loo-Kee Lends a Hand"

I just watched Loo-Kee Lends a Hand and I think it's my favorite episode from season 1. It has both Light Hope and The Sorceress plus He-Man and She-Ra and Orko and Loo-Kee but one thing I don't understand, the Sorceress told Adam that magical creatures like Loo-Kee and Orko aren't affected by the time device but Light Hope was and he is a magical being. I also think it would have been better if the writers had out Skelator and sent Loo-kee straight to the Castle Greyskull. I think this was the only episode where Loo-Kee was in the story.

Heroic Warrior
    'Loo-Kee's Sweety' was another episode where Loo-Kee is part of the story.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I was Shocked when Loo-Kee showed up as more than the moral! check out the other ep, it's good as well.

Widget
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Weaver View Post
    'Loo-Kee's Sweety' was another episode where Loo-Kee is part of the story.
    is that season 1 or 2, I never have seen any of season 2. I have them in my netflix queue.

"Oh dearie my!" Mer-Man's Minion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lonewriter View Post
    but one thing I don't understand, the Sorceress told Adam that magical creatures like Loo-Kee and Orko aren't affected by the time device but Light Hope was and he is a magical being.
    Yes, but he's not a magical creature. I guess that's the difference. And maybe Light Hope is too closely connected with Etheria itself or something.
    Muppet fans, if you like Janice of The Electric Mayhem, check out: Janice: "Fer sure!"

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar
    I always found it weird that Light Hope was affected but Puke-kee wasn't. If they'd suggested his "hiding magic" had "hidden" him from the effects of the weapon it would have given it more credibility, but hey that's MOTU/POP for ya lol
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Question about "Loo-Kee Lends A Hand"

Hi, all. I got a question about the She-Ra episode "Loo-Kee Lends A Hand". It said that the time stop device didn't have any effect on a creature or person of magic. If that was true, how come it affected Madame Razz? She is a person of magic.

twinpower76

It could be a difference between being magic of being, or just being a magic user. We never really got a lot of background on Razz, so we don't know what exactly she was or how things would effect her. Adora/She-Ra would qualify as a magic user, though she herself is not a magical being, and she was affected. Castaspella, Mermista, Frosta too.. all magic users, not magical beings. All affected. Light hope would be a magical being and thus was not affected.
    Uncle Montork has returned from Trolla!

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    It could be a difference between being magic of being, or just being a magic user. We never really got a lot of background on Razz, so we don't know what exactly she was or how things would effect her. Adora/She-Ra would qualify as a magic user, though she herself is not a magical being, and she was affected. Castaspella, Mermista, Frosta too.. all magic users, not magical beings. All affected. Light hope would be a magical being and thus was not affected.
    But Light Hope was being affected by the time-stop, that's why he called Loo-Kee. Broom's another one- surely a magical creature?

Interesting topic but I think it's a plot-hole...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Perhaps it's to do with native magic users. Light Hope's certainly native to Etheria, Madame Razz appears to be an overgrown Twigget, and Broom's presumably carved from Etherian wood - whereas Adam & Adora's swords (and the protective power therein) come from Eternia, Orko's Trollan, and Loo-Kee was breaking the fourth wall even within the story ("where shall I hide today")

I take it to mean that a mortal bring who has taken on, or aquired magical powers is not themselves inherently magical, its just that they weild magical powers.
    However Lookie is an inherently magical being. Like a demon or an elf or other some such mythical creature. He doesn't "have" magic powers, he is himself a creature of magical origin.
    If the magic were taken out of etheria then Madam Razz and Adora would still live..but i'm sure that any creature like Lookie would ultimately perish/cease to exist.
    I'm sure that Orko would also be immune to the timestop due to his inherently magical nature.
    At least thats how i see it..
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    But that brings you back to "how are a column of light and a talking broomstick not inherently magical beings who depend on magic for their very survival?", which is why I went with "only immigrant-magic (Eternian, Trollan, etc) is immune, not native-magic"

Perhaps because Orko + Lookie are naturally magical? I picture broom originally being a normal inanimate broom, animated to life through a magical mishap of Madame Razzes. As for Light Hope..Well..he was resistant...

There any many angles you could take. It depends upon exactly who or what Light Hope is.

Was he originally a man many centuries ago who later grew in power and knowledge, shedding his mortal body?
    Perhaps Light Hope is intrinsically bonded to the very planet itself and that which effects Ethera effects him by osmosis.

Or perhaps its because Orko + Lookie are Unnatural beings. They exist IN the world but are not a part OF it. As such the laws of physics which govern Etheria do not directly apply to them.

Take your pick!
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I'm of the belief that Light Hope used to be a man and broom may have been a person before. Madame Razz probably accidentally turned him INTO a broom!

So, that's why they would be effected. Also, Razz is a person not a magical creature.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Montork View Post
    Funny, IMO, mermaids have always been magical creatures!
    She-Ra Princess of Power clip art, animated gifs & panoramic screen caps at http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/t...%20Clip%20Art/
    My other artworks http://cosmicfalcon-70.deviantart.com/

Rebel Engerizer Bunny Princess Adora NJ's Avatar
    I have been looking for this episode... which season and which volume?
    For a peace and love in our universe- MotU and POP together !
    I have the power, and so can you!

Follow me on the Council of the First Ones Podcast.

Support The Great Rebellion Collector's Club

Princess Adora NJ

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Adora NJ View Post
    I have been looking for this episode... which season and which volume?
    Season 1 Vol2 Disc 4 2nd Ep. POP055

One of my favorite episodes Loo-Kee help He-Man & She-Ra Team.
    2 HIGH PRIESTESS 3 EMPRESS SHE-MAN MASTERS
    He-Man Masters of the Universe Classics Princess of Power She-Ra Bow
    http://mastersoftheuniverseclassicsh...assics-images/