Page 1 of 43 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Is Mosquitor REALLY that popular?! - MotUC Discussion/Speculation

In his Popularity Poll, Mosquitor is streets ahead of everyone else and went for around 40 votes with no-one voting not to buy him... (The polls are multiple choice, so others can be voted for as well).

I know Dan can't wait to get Mosquitor and I personally also can't wait to see him. But given the usual numbers for polls (and the later characters tending to fair not as well as the earlier characters), plus the fact that the Sorceress achieved around 85%, my question is this:

Is Mosquitor really that popular with the MOTU community? Are people in such anticipation for this character?

Has Dan's love for the character made him a cult favourite, because of his video reviews? Or contraversially, has this made the Org biased?! (one poster even said they wouldn't buy the character but would vote for him for Dan's sake!).

Admittedly, he's not pitted against the most challenging contestants - Rokkon, Hoove, Hunga the Harpy and the Oracle - but what do you think?

Here is the thread in question:

http://www.he-man.org:81/forums/boar...d.php?t=198997

Post your thoughts on Mosquitor here!
    Last edited by Scorpia; November 17, 2010 at 05:28pm.
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

He's my second favorite Horde member behind Mantenna.

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    I think he's a great character.
    Does Galactus fart?

It doesn't get much cooler than watching the blood ouze on his chest. I was disappointed with the Mosquitor statue but i belive the 4H will make the classics version beyond awesome!

I was hooked on MOTU from its earliest days here in Australia but there are several characters from the final years that I love, and they include:
    - Blast Attak
    - Mosquitor
    - Sorceress
    - Snake Face
    - Buzz-Saw Hordak
    - Horde Trooper

These were such cool looking, visually dynamic characters with innovative action features that I was effectively instantly hooked as soon as I saw them.

With the exception of the Sorceress, whom we knew from the cartoons, the attraction to the other characters was all based off their look and action feature, as most of them didn't have much in the way of personality or characterisation via media.

So yeah, I'd believe Mosquitor to be that popular.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

REMAINING MOTUC FOR 2015 synthalus's Avatar
    He is a really cool Evil Horde character and has that true horror theme to him.
    Running blood through his body? It can't get much more horrific like that!

He's not my #1 favorite Evil Horde character, he's actually the 4th!
    In order this is how I like them (NOT counting Filmation):

1) HORDAK (Ruthless leader of The Evil Horde)
    2) GRIZZLOR (Hairy henchman of The Evil Horde)
    3) CATRA (Jealous Beauty)
    4) MOSQUITOR (Evil energy-draining insectoid)
    5) MODULOK (Evil beast of a thousand bodies)
    6) HORDE TROOPER (Evil robotic enforcer)
    7) LEECH (Evil master of power suction)
    8) MULTI-BOT (Evil robot of a thousand bodies)
    9) MANTENNA (Evil spy with the pop-out eyes)
    10) DRAGSTOR (Evil transforming warrior/vehicle)

Sorry, but BUZZ-SAW HORDAK and HURRICANE HORDAK
    aren't A-List variants that I like enough to put on my list.
    I might still get one of them as an alternative way to display the separate POG setup. We'll see...
    MY MOTUC WANTS: Gwildor, Rotar, Mermista, Angella, Peekablue, Spinerella, Perfuma, Master Sebrian, Sagitar, Tuskador, Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Nocturna, Spinwit, Artilla, Saurod, Ninjor, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Twistoid, Hunga the Harpy, Dragstor, Vultak, Multi-Bot, Blast-Attak, Tung Lashor, Sssqueeeze, Lizorr, Hoove, Critta, Quakke, Butthead, Staghorn
    => MOTU-Classics-Checklist <=

Something that occurred to me recently is they'll probably give Mosquitor those extra limbs that Webstor and Buz-Off have.

He was always one of my favorites to play with when I was a kid, despite being a later release.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    I dont like him, but that may have a lot to do with me not getting him in the 80's, I got mine at a garage sale in 1996, and thought 'Meh'.

I hated the staction, it was the only one I sold off! It kept falling over and it didnt look right amongst all the other designs!

I have noticed that he seems really popular, but I cant fathom why! I hate the cheap and nasty looking legs/boots of the vintage figure.

The blood is well done though, Obviously Mattel put their 'Pulsar' knowledge into him!

ka

Quote Originally Posted by RageTreb View Post
    Something that occurred to me recently is they'll probably give Mosquitor those extra limbs that Webstor and Buz-Off have.
    I hope so! Hes an insectoid! I liked aspects of the Staction,I just really disliked the finished product!
    Last edited by Staff Of Ka; November 14, 2010 at 07:45am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I never had Mosquitor as a kid and didn't even know he existed until 2003. We were in a junk shop/antique type store and I bought him for $1.00. I had to look online to make sure he was actually a MOTU character. He was cool, really cool. I would have LOVED that figure as a kid and as an adult, I enjoyed him, too. I don't feel the same need to get a Classic of him as I do my childhood favorites(Buzz Off is getting closer but Clawful?) but I do look forward to seeing a newly created version of Mosquitor.

He's definitely one of my favorites also. i think his design is one of the best in the entire MOTU-verse. I can't wait to see what he looks like in MOTUC

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    This is probably Pixel Dan's favorite topic.......
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

I think Leech is the only Horde member that I might like more than Mosquitor. His blood-filled chest and nasty looking, mosquito face are just so cool!

I wasn't a big fan of Mosquitor when I was a kid but the action feature was so great I couldn't stop to play with it... And my friends were always surprised by it also
    It has probably contributed to make this character so popular... and with Pixel Dan always asking for it, he is even more popular among those that know Pixel Dan

He was one of the last figures I bought as a kid, so I have stronger memories of playing with him than some of the earlier characters.

That blood pumping feature was also really, really cool. I only hope they find a way to include that on his Classics figure, as it just won't have the same appeal without the blood.

He was one of my favorites of the later releases! I loved the blood oozing feature!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

He's the only MOTU character that proves blood exists in the universe. No one else had blood until Teela got wounded in battle in the MYP series. Also, that bloody Horde bat on his chest is really cool. Although I'd demand and request a Shadow Weaver figure before him, but beggars can't be choosers.

Pixel Dan is popularizing him.

He's not my favorite of the obscure Horde characters, but I do like him a lot.

As I said: I don't want him... (This COULD change if Mattel allows the Horsemen to do their thing...) but I hope he gets made for Dan's sake... (and everyone else who wants him.) Heck I want a true 200X He-Man with He-Mullet and all (sans the anime hyperdetail which is forbidden on the line)... Hopefully some will rally behind my cause.

On Mosquitor... The concept is silly, but then again we have Snout Spout whose concept is incredibly silly and Buzz-Off, a Humanoid Bee. He looks kinda cool, but to me the Horde is, Mantenna, Grizzlor, Leech, Modulok, Catra and Entrapta under Hordak's command... He's not a must have for me, but if he gets made, good for Team Mosquitor...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I hated the staction, it was the only one I sold off! It kept falling over and it didnt look right amongst all the other designs!

I have noticed that he seems really popular, but I cant fathom why! I hate the cheap and nasty looking legs/boots of the vintage figure.

The blood is well done though, Obviously Mattel put their 'Pulsar' knowledge into him!

I hope so! Hes an insectoid! I liked aspects of the Staction,I just really disliked the finished product!
    I like the character, but I agree that something about the staction looked off. I liked the design, but something about the end product doesn't fit.

And I HATE those stupid boots.

Definitely the best of the later figures and one of the best Horde characters. He'd be great in MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by synthalus View Post
    He is a really cool Evil Horde character and has that true horror theme to him.
    Running blood through his body? It can't get much more horrific like that!

He's not my #1 favorite Evil Horde character, he's actually the 4th!
    In order this is how I like them (NOT counting Filmation):

1) HORDAK (Ruthless leader of The Evil Horde)
    2) GRIZZLOR (Hairy henchman of The Evil Horde)
    3) CATRA (Jealous Beauty)
    4) MOSQUITOR (Evil energy-draining insectoid)
    5) MODULOK (Evil beast of a thousand bodies)
    6) HORDE TROOPER (Evil robotic enforcer)
    7) LEECH (Evil master of power suction)
    8) MULTI-BOT (Evil robot of a thousand bodies)
    9) MANTENNA (Evil spy with the pop-out eyes)
    10) DRAGSTOR (Evil transforming warrior/vehicle)

Sorry, but BUZZ-SAW HORDAK and HURRICANE HORDAK
    aren't A-List variants that I like enough to put on my list.
    I might still get one of them as an alternative way to display the separate POG setup. We'll see...

Here is my order:

1) LEECH
    2) MANTENNA
    3) HORDAK
    4) MOSQUITOR
    5) GRIZZLOR
    6) MODULOK
    7) CATRA
    8) HORDE TROOPER
    9) DRAGSTOR
    10) MULTI-BOT

(If I was adding Scorpia and Shadow Weaver in...Scorpia would be #8...and Shadow Weaver would be #5)

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Ol' Mosquitor certainly seems to have crept up the popularity polls in recent years.

Personally, I wonder if part of the appeal is the "msytery", kinda like Faker, as neither of them were ever used that much in any media.

And although far off from the barbarian swords-and-sorcery origins of the line that I love so much, I gotta say, he's a pretty cool character. Never really been into the Horde or the Snakeman, but to me, he's one of the very best of that crowd. Not enough to be one of my all-time favourite MOTU characters, but as a "stand alone" figure, he's pretty cool.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Master of Sleep Lay Ze-Man's Avatar
    One of the more compelling action feature-based figures from the vintage line for sure.
    Sculpt-wise, it was clunky and awkward, maybe one of the weakest sculpts IMO.

I thought the Staction was awesome, though.
    Very elegant, but with a creepy Skeksis-type vibe to it.

I can not wait for Mosquitor! He was always one of my favorite figures growing up.
    Worlds Biggest Meteorb Fan!