Page 15 of 43 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Purely vintage mosquitor for me... Still curious on how they will do the blood tank. Wonder if they are looking into the past to see what liquid was used in 1986 line

Widget
    Always excited for more Horde members!

Mosquitor is one of the few vintage figures I currently own. He has a very strangely proportioned head, interested to see how that looks. Even more so, I wonder what they will do about his chest piece. I am really hoping it's something more than just swappable chest plates.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    Whoa! I dont know the last time I have seen you so excited about a figure. Turned on? You realize there is no action features on these figures...and he would only suck blood if there was, right?
    lol.

Quote Originally Posted by bezem View Post
    He gets it, he just doesn't understand your negativity. I love the 200X design elements, especially since they can be swapped on and off. 200X is my favorite MOTU era so keep it coming!
    Bingo! I grew up with the vintage line. It holds a special place in my heart, but I'm not going to belittle another aspect of MotU simply because that's what I want to do. Being negative serves no constructive purpose.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Bingo! I grew up with the vintage line. It holds a special place in my heart, but I'm not going to belittle another aspect of MotU simply because that's what I want to do. Being negative serves no constructive purpose.
    Exactly. I'm a MOTU fan. 200X may be my favorite era, but I begrudge no one their preference. I would love to see the 200X elements of the Staction as removable pieces, much as Grizzlor and Fisto were handled, so that we can all get the Mosquitor we want.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    Yes but being negative makes everyone unhappy, and that's what I'm here for.

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I’m laughing at me, so feel free to join in.

I only quoted you because you were the last person to say something. Other people were suggesting that Dan promotes MOTU more than Mattel, and someone else suggested that Mosquitor’s real name should be named after Dan.

And I don’t know about ‘urinating’ Dan – that sounds mighty painful.

Don’t get me wrong, I wouldn’t want to take anything away from anyone. But reading threads like this, I’m expecting to see Dan walk across water. He’s a kooky guy who gets free figs and shoots some pretty cool video reviews. He doesn’t deserve anything more than any other Mosquitor fan, or MOTU fan for that matter.

Just because I’m not singing his praises, it doesn’t mean that I’m expelling him from my bladder. Dan’s an ok guy. I certainly have nothing against him (really, how could anyone?). I definitely agree that he deserved the exclusive reveal. But changing MOTU canon so that he is immortalized as one of the characters is a bit much.

All of that being said, I kinda liked the name Pixel for Kobra Khan’s friend.
    Sounds fair enough to me!

Congrats Dan - that was a super cool move on TG's part to let you spill the beans, acknowledging your passion for this guy. Pure class.

I wish I had a single character to rally behind to get made, but so far nobody's coming to mind. I've pleaded for a mini comics accurate Tri-Klops, but that's just a variant - I need a unique character to push for...

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Yes but being negative makes everyone unhappy, and that's what I'm here for.
    Congrats!!!
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

I think it's time this thread joined the Big Boys' Club outside now...!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

I'm not a fan of Mosquitor, but I am excited for him for Dan (congrats!)

I expect your video review for him would be an hour of you playing with him; making buzzing and Laser fire sounds, then ending the review with "he's sooooo awesome"
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Mosquitor SUCKS!

Now MY favorite Evil Horde character Leech, ...... sucks too.

Seriously though, congrats P.D. on both Mosquitor coming soon & your web site.
    My "Mosquitor" was Fisto. I got mine & was SO happy. Fisto is now my favorite figure. Now you're getting yours brutha.

HIGH FIVE!
    I want my other half.

I hope this figure wil be in the sub line cause I know I WANT him just like pixel dan does. Pixel dan has me hyped about getting this figure after all hes talked about it so bring him on I want him.
    By the Power of Grey Skull!

That totally rocks! Congrats Dan on being able to finally announce Mosquitor! And I'm loving the new site as well! Keep up the fantastic work!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Oops, I did put Fisto in there again. But how are you getting 2014? Even if you take away the variant of He-man and Skeletor that still leaves 3-4 vintage MOTU characters a year and that takes us all the way to 2017. So, that'd leave the rest to POP, Filmation, NA, 200X and variants. Of course the ratio of vintage to other figures is going to start going down. None of us should be surprised by that. It doesn't mean the line is ending in 2014 or something. It just means there'll be less of the vintage character present other than in variant form.
    Yes, 3 or 4 per year... sure... this year we got Fisto, Sorceress, Kahn, TP He-Man, Stinkor, Spikor, Mosquitor... that's 7 and I think there will be more at the end of the year. And then take a look back at the past years how many vintage characters we got. Then compare only the monthly figures. We got Catra in May 2011 and will get Frosta in September 2012... with no monthly figure in between (not counting BP She-Ra and the beast slot)

So cool to see Dan got to break the news to us!! I for one am very excited to be getting Mosquitor, as he is one of the more interesting villains in the vintage MOTU universe.

Now I know a couple have already asked this, but now who was 2nd on your personal wishlist, Dan?

Cool news and awesome that Dan's got to reveal it!

(Now please give me Dragstor, 4Hm & Mattel!

I hope that Mosquitor's gonna get removable blood tanks as well as a removable helmet or swappable heads with the second one being the insect face revealed underneath the staction's helmet. A horde crossbow would be awesome too, maybe a purple repaint of Grizzlor's!
    "Why's Dragstor riding on Night Stalker?" "Cause he can."

Heroic Warrior
    Draaaagstooorrr!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bezem View Post
    Exactly. I'm a MOTU fan. 200X may be my favorite era, but I begrudge no one their preference. I would love to see the 200X elements of the Staction as removable pieces, much as Grizzlor and Fisto were handled, so that we can all get the Mosquitor we want.
    If only Grizzlor had come with that extra head...
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    If only Grizzlor had come with that extra head...
    Agreed, that would have been neat.

Quote Originally Posted by dtowells View Post
    Purely vintage mosquitor for me... Still curious on how they will do the blood tank. Wonder if they are looking into the past to see what liquid was used in 1986 line
    I'm hoping they don't "waste" tooling dollars on a new one-time-use torso like they did with Syclone. Especially when they always use the "limited tooling dollars for one time use pieces" excuse when we ask for Ram-Man.

Besides, they could easily create a thin cavity in a chest armor piece and fill it with the liquid.

master of hiphop
    can't wait for this guy.. always been a fan.. now where are those horde Troopers
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    I have had my avatar as Sagitar now for 1 1/2 years, he better be next
    I would be more than happy with a Sagitar figure. Being such a cool figure I don't know whay it hasn't had fan demand.

I'm good with a pretty much straight vintage Mosquitor MOTUC, but I would like it if the eyes were a little closer to the staction with sculpted eyelids. I think a unique chest piece with a centerpiece of transluscent red plastic sculpted to look like bubbling blood would be perfect. If they threw in the staction back pack, that would be a fantastic bonus.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope, that Mosquitor is 90% vintage and 10% Staction.