Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    My turn, ToyGuru!
    Love the nut shot the Slime Pit gave him at 14 seconds in.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

I think it's cool Scott knows how to take cool pics with toys.

The Mosquitor Scott has been cleverly torturing looks like a production sample, so he's gotta be sooner than later this year. Maybe this means he'll be stacked with Mekaneck in October? Pure speculation, of course, but just imagine Mekaneck, Mosquitor, and Dragon Blaster Skeletor in one month. Make it happen, Mattel. Please.

Heroic Warrior
    I think it would be cooler for Scott to be working on Digital River or acquiring more media attention for the brand or website fixes like the subscription manager, instead of goofy teaser pics- but what do I know.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigoink View Post
    I think it would be cooler for Scott to be working on Digital River or acquiring more media attention for the brand or website fixes like the subscription manager, instead of goofy teaser pics- but what do I know.
    I was thinking the same thing, and with how clear the first Spector vs Mosquitor pic looked, I'm pretty sure what ever camera took it could also do video without taking away from the MOTUC budget.

J

Only if he knew how to multi-task.

This is great viral marketing for Mosquitor.

Or maybe he took these pictures at his house, on his own time, and emailed them to Dan, on his own time!

And maybe the camera he used was his own personal camera and not Mattels camera. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a much nicer camera at home that takes much better pictures than the camera we have at work, I sure don't use it for work and my boss wouldn't want me too because would not want something to happen to it that the company would be liable for.

My job is stressful and I cherish my off work time, that is why I find it frustrating that people assume everything Scott does is done while On Mattel's dime, and that every moment of his free time should be spent working to better every issue the line has. He is a fan and I'm sure he enjoys doing stuff like this on his own time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Or maybe he took these pictures at his house, on his own time, and emailed them to Dan, on his own time!

And maybe the camera he used was his own personal camera and not Mattels camera. I don't know about anyone else, but I have a much nicer camera at home that takes much better pictures than the camera we have at work, I sure don't use it for work and my boss wouldn't want me too because would not want something to happen to it that the company would be liable for.

My job is stressful and I cherish my off work time, that is why I find it frustrating that people assume everything Scott does is done while On Mattel's dime, and that every moment of his free time should be spent working to better every issue the line has. He is a fan and I'm sure he enjoys doing stuff like this on his own time.
    Really wish we could have a like button.

TG is aloud to have fun, he isnt suppose to work all day every day, he is at home and I can take pretty dang good pics with my Iphone 4S
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Guys, let's not take this into another discussion about Scott's videos. This was done in good fun to tease the release of Mosquitor. Let's keep that spirit.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!

Heroic Warrior
    Based on the latest teaser pic, I am concerned that Mosquitor's gimmick, the blood receptacle on his torso will look NOTHING like the vintage figure version. Looks like the "bat" shape is different.

Another "design choice" Matty????

Heroic Warrior

Yeah, that excuse flys out the window when he's using MATTEL PROPERTY (Mosquitor production sample) OUTSIDE of the corporate setting where his job is. If he wants to do this kind of teaser then more power to him, but let him do it as a PR project in office.

If you are talking only about the bottom "double V" portion of the bat it is all there. If you look closely at the picture the top half of his body is completely twisted to the right (his left) and not lined up with the bottom half. The obliques are almost on top of where the belly button would be.

Now if you are talking about the sides of the bat wing then yes it is definitely different. The vintage curves out and the Classics version curves in.

Heroic Warrior
    Yup, talking about the "double V" on the bottom. I hope your right about it being there. And there better be some liquid blood in there.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Yup, talking about the "double V" on the bottom. I hope your right about it being there. And there better be some liquid blood in there.
    It is hard to see, but there does appear to be the second "V" further to the side. The way that Bat Emblem seems to be sitting on top of the body armor I would not expect there to be any real liquid. Guess we will know for sure in less than a week. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    It's there, you can even see the armor flap on the right. Spector's elbow perfectly obscures the actual blood portion.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

Heroic Warrior
    Yeah, I guess we'll find out soon enough. I think it would be a cheap out if they didn't make the external blood receptacle have a thin reservoir to hold liquid.

Quote Originally Posted by phnx75 View Post
    It is hard to see, but there does appear to be the second "V" further to the side. The way that Bat Emblem seems to be sitting on top of the body armor I would not expect there to be any real liquid. Guess we will know for sure in less than a week. I can't wait!
    It's hard to tell if the W-shape is part of the torso or clipped on. I think the latter because you can see one point protruding over the belt, which suggests to me it's not one piece.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Just got another picture, with the words "We've only just begun..."

LOOK! MOSQUITOR'S GUN!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    This is awesome.

Also, that last pic confirms the design of the bottom of his chest emblem is still the same as it used to be.

Also, TG, clean your grill, man. That's getting pretty rough lookin' in there.

Heroic Warrior
    So far so good... now we just need to find out if there will be blood.

Yeah, that excuse flys out the window when he's using MATTEL PROPERTY (Mosquitor production sample) OUTSIDE of the corporate setting where his job is. If he wants to do this kind of teaser then more power to him, but let him do it as a PR project in office.
    Really???

Personally, I don't give a flaying rat's behind when or where he took these pictures. I don't care if he took them at 3 in the afternoon at work while on Mattel's payroll, or if he brought Misquitor home and took them at 3 a.m. in his kitchen while his family is sleeping! I'm sure if he is allowing them to be posted on a public forum then he is obviously not concerned about his direct supervisors knowing that he either took these pictures while at work, or took Misquitor home to take the pictures. Maybe, he even asked if he could take Misquitor home so that he could take a series of shots to send to Dan which would be a treat for the fan community and fun for all of us...well, most of us!

These are awesome shots and most of us see them for what they are and are enjoying them as fun teasers for a figure we now know is coming soon...even though he hasn't been officially announced.

I think what Scott is doing here is a lot of fun and is a great way to spend some of his time as Brand Manager, engaging the fan community and giving us fun teasers seems to be something that falls in line with his job duties.

It seems like someone's always got to come along and pee on the fire while everyone else is roasting marshmallows.

Just got another picture, with the words "We've only just begun..
    I didn't know Spector was a Carpenters fan.

Heroic Warrior
    Nice blaster...Me like it!

Really???

Personally, I don't give a flaying rat's behind when or where he took these pictures. I don't care if he took them at 3 in the afternoon at work while on Mattel's payroll, or if he brought Misquitor home and took them at 3 a.m. in his kitchen while his family is sleeping! I'm sure if he is allowing them to be posted on a public forum then he is obviously not concerned about his direct supervisors knowing that he either took these pictures while at work, or took Misquitor home to take the pictures. Maybe, he even asked if he could take Misquitor home so that he could take a series of shots to send to Dan which would be a treat for the fan community and fun for all of us...well, most of us!

These are awesome shots and most of us see them for what they are and are enjoying them as fun teasers for a figure we now know is coming soon...even though he hasn't been officially announced.

I think what Scott is doing here is a lot of fun and is a great way to spend some of his time as Brand Manager, engaging the fan community and giving us fun teasers seems to be something that falls in line with his job duties.

It seems like someone's always got to come along and pee on the fire while everyone else is roasting marshmallows.
    Amen. Folks are tireless when it comes to roasting ToyGuru over ridiculous stuff like this. More marshmallows on the fire, less ToyGuru

- - - Updated - - -

LOOK! MOSQUITOR'S GUN!
    Good god this is so much fun! THAT GUN ROCKS! Mosquitor, as I've said before, is going to put all of the other Horde members to shame in terms of coolness. I can't wait to see how they do Dragstor and Multi-Bot. The "first wave" of Horde figures are going to look quite primitive compared to the "newer" Horde members like 'squitor, Dragstor, Multi-Bot... but then maybe that's the point. Catra, Grizzlor, Leech... all from the King Grayskull era- less spacey/techy-looking characters. I wonder if the MOTUC bios will have it so Mosquitor, Dragstor and Multi-Bot are all from "present day" Eternia, where Hordak flees Etheria to try to take over Eternia.
    Last edited by zodak74; July 7, 2012 at 12:46pm.

Really???

Great post! And I have to agree that someone has to come and "pee on the fire" as you put it.

I don't even post on these boards much because of it, and it was certainly a deciding factor for me NOT to go to Power-Con.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52