Page 3 of 43 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpia View Post
    ...Has Dan's love for the character made him a cult favourite, because of his video reviews? Or contraversially, has this made the Org biased?! (one poster even said they wouldn't buy the character but would vote for him for Dan's sake!)...
    As much as we all love Dan, I'm not sure he's that influential.

And IMO, the person that said they'd vote for Mosquitor for Dan was perhaps in post-video review glow, much like after sex.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    In light of the success of Roboto, I personally dont want Mossie to have his action feature! the clear panel of the staction will do thanks!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    Yes and yes. That's just logic. If Dan were pushing for Stonedar, for example, a bunch of online followers would be jonesing for that figure. It's just how things work. It's like show biz or politics: tell the people something is good or cool, and many will believe that.
    I don't think so, long before the reviews and MOTUC Mosquitor was talked about and eagerly anticipated for an update, as was Dragstor, MOTU has a few sleeper favourite characters, if Pixel Dan was pushing for Gwildor I'm sure the Gwildor fans would become more vocal but it wouldn't suddenly make Gwildor a mass anticipated figure. People credit forum member Count Marzo for popularizing the character, but he's memorable from filmation, casual fans always remember the anti drug episodes and the fact that he was brought into MYP (as well as Evilseed) make him more relevant for a figure.

Anyway we can never say for SURE what lies behind a charactrers popularity but Mosquitor had a really memorable action feature which many of us loved as kids. Pixel Dan or not I've wanted a new mosquitor (and every other horde member) since the 2002 line started.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    As much as we all love Dan, I'm not sure he's that influential.

And IMO, the person that said they'd vote for Mosquitor for Dan was perhaps in post-video review glow, much like a man who says "I love you" just after he... ...shoots off his "fireworks"....
    Not really, but that could work... so I'll go with that... Pixel Dan makes me spend a lot of Money on MOTUC... let him have his Mosquitor...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

He was always one of my favorite figures to play with as a kid, I just loved making that blood gush! The concept of the character and how his action-feature was incorporated with his design was pretty ingenious if you ask me. Because he was so much fun to play with has made him one of my all-time favorites. He and Leech would have made an excellent tag team had he ever appeared in the cartoon series.
    – No comment.

Mosquitor never really existed. Dan made him up, people 'shopped some photos and we are all pawns in this conspiracy to get a fanfic character into MOTUC.

Actually, I admit I've never had a Mosquitor and may not have even known about him as a kid, so Pixel Dan's excitement has made me more interested. Sometimes excitement can be a bit contagious and urge you to check something out.

I can see how those who had him retained a connection to it. He came out right when the gross-out fad was kicking into high gear with Garbage Pail Kids, Madballs, even TMNT to an extent.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Yeah, Mosquitor was a favorite of mine a a kid & still is today. I'm very curious to see how the motuc version will look. I still have the original & when the 4H made him for 200x I had to get him. Dragastor is still my favorite & I anticipate him over Mosquiteor & I don't mind if he is much latter. Gives us a great figure to look forward to late down the line.

Dan loves Mosquitor and is vocal about him, but I don't see him rallying troops for the figure in some big Mosquitor crusade (outside of the one chant he did for fun at SDCC).

As you can see, a lot of folks here like Mosquitor, not just Dan.
    I think krosfyah summed it up.

I never had him as a kid since I had left the line by the time he came out but he is cool looking. Having said that, I was so happy to see, after his clean sweep for so long, that some people don't want him. There are so many characters I want much more that have shown to be less popular in Scorpia's Popularity Polls. If he's made I'll get him but if the line ends before that, I won't lose any sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by RageTreb View Post
    Something that occurred to me recently is they'll probably give Mosquitor those extra limbs that Webstor and Buz-Off have.
    Yecch! I guess I want him even less now.
    Last edited by Mr. Shokoti; November 15, 2010 at 02:44am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    LONG LIVE LOU SCHEIMER!!!

JOIN THE GROUP...

FILMATION FANS FOREVER!!!

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    The last Horde member I remember having as a kid was Multi-Bot, so I never got around to having Mosquitor until adulthood; he was worth the wait. He's very visually appealing, with his moon boots, great color scheme, and his "blood" pumping action feature. The staction was even better, so MOTUC's version hopefully will top that!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Do you see this thread, Mattel? Scott?! Do you see this!

MOSQUITOR FOR 2011!

For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Collector of MOTUC the.overlord's Avatar
    DESPONDOS (watching the game - having a Bud...with HORDAK)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

MOSQUITOR FOR 2011!

Hey Dan,

don't you have a Mosquitor T-Shirt?
    Classics Collector!!

Successful transactions/trades with: MossMan710179, cobaltkatdrone, reefkeeper, Zildjian, keithfuchs, Raypor, Zovex, JOXE, Son of Keldor, Hogan, BadSchoolGirl69, Degra, Uki, Blue Monkey, dedset13, Vaal (THX EVERYONE!!)

My trader review:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=169339

A thread like this is a good sign.

I remember Green Goddess getting a thread like this just months before her figure was announced.

I'm hoping this is true for you Dan!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Quote Originally Posted by kk2 View Post
    Well Mosquitor sucks and Sy-Klone blows
    Mosquitor is a cool figure, but Sy-Klone is way cooler.
    Kinda agree witht that. I like Sy-Klone better (if you pick those two to compare). Of course I had Sy-Klone as a kid & not Mosquitor.

Dont get me wrong, he's right up my alley, but I never even saw him as a kid, and as a matter of fact I've still never seen one of him (vintage or 200x staction) in real life, so I've got no actuall connection to him.

As far as horde goes, I like Leech better if only because I owned him as a kid. That nostalgia factor is huge. Figure it like getting to know someone. I "Know" leech, or even Sy-Klone. I dont know Mosquitor.

I agree from what I've seen I his boots seem a terrible design. Bizzare. But that's ok. That blood feature would have probably made him one of my favourites, and I hope for something great in MOTUC when they get around to him.

For instance, I absolutely loved Roboto, and wanted his chest clear and hollow and the gears inside. But it made absolutely no difference to me if in MOTUC the gears moved. I daren't even hope for that. Didnt need it. I wasnt even sure he'd have the build he ended up getting. I'm thankful for that.

Point is for Mosquitor, they gotta do something like that for him. If Roboto's gears made it, Mosquitor's blood has to. Battle Armour He-Man's chest didnt even bother me, because we have the effect if not the actuality.

Althought I'll add... Based on some discussions over on a thread about Slush head, I do think it likely they wont have any actuall liquid in these toys. As an adult collector line It's very likely they dont want them to have any evaporation situation on any of these toys. So I hope they recreate it in a great interesting way, but I'd agree I dont want an empty Mosquitor, or Slush head for that matter.

Unless of course you can refill it somehow....
    Last edited by baronterror; November 15, 2010 at 12:04pm.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    A thread like this is a good sign.

I remember Green Goddess getting a thread like this just months before her figure was announced.

I'm hoping this is true for you Dan!
    You and me both!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Funny thing really, i don't like mosquito's and wished Noah had swatted the two that were on the Ark...

But i think a MotU - especially in Classics guise - Mosquitor would be a really great figure. I can't explain his popularity although his vintage figure and staction i found quite likeable, probably explaining my yes vote in the polls. More than likely if i didn't have these i'd have said no

Heroic Warrior
    Mosquitor is pretty cool and I would happily get him. He's not one of my top most wanted figures because I never had him as a kid, but it's still a cool design and a good Horde character.

Now Leech...that's a Horde character I would love to see made!

MOSQUITOR FOR 2011!

If this works you gotta start pimping out Dragstor. I'd offer you my firstborn child, but they're already promised to someone.. the best I can offer you is the 4th born
    Check out me and my friend's blog: Geek Culture

MOSQUITOR FOR 2011!

YES I hope they see too & you can add Leech & Multi-Bot to the big wishlist.

You want Mosquitor & I want Multi-Bot its that simple.

Mosquitor & Multi-Bot for 2011 pretty please

Quote Originally Posted by The Butler View Post
    Mosquitor is pretty cool and I would happily get him. He's not one of my top most wanted figures because I never had him as a kid, but it's still a cool design and a good Horde character.

Now Leech...that's a Horde character I would love to see made!
    Leech is a mean greeny just like Whiplash my top fav so yip he is a must have.
    Last edited by The Villain; November 15, 2010 at 01:46pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I like him, but I've never owned him and honestly, while making lists and such, I seem to forget him often. I don't know why, but in any event, I will happily buy him when the time comes. Of course, I will be just as happy to own Rock People, Meteorbs, anyone from NA, Gwildor, Songster, Jungle Attack He-Man, or a slave girl for King Hssss...
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    As anyone who has voted on my "Top Ten Most Wanted MOTUC's" threads would know, I have been a huge supporter of Mosquitor for since the inception of the MOTUC's line.

Mosquitor is easily my most anticipated figure in the line at this point. The only figures that would rival him in my all time most wanted list would be: Skeletor, Scare Glow, Beastman, and Hordak.

His action feature truly sets him apart from most of the MOTU figures of old. I still get a kick out of messing with my vintage Mosquitor as a 31 year old kid. He is SO COOL!!!!!

If the MOTUC's line ended before we get Mosquitor, I will truly be crushed!! Luckily, the line is going strong as ever

BRING ON MOSQUITOR!!!

I'm not really a fan, but if he looked cool enough I'd want him. Having the sub, I'd be stuck getting him no matter what, but I'd like getting him if he's well done.
    ----------------------------------
    Joe

My G.I.Joe page
    Facebook
    EBAY
    D&J Toys - Display Bases and more!

For me, Mosquitor represents the belated swan song of my initial MOTU phase. After being into the line since it began, getting every single figure, I had pretty much jumped off board by '86. (Although the Dolph Lundgren movie definitely sealed it for me.) However, I would still pick up the occasional MOTU that seemed cool. Mosquitor was definitely the coolest of that latter era bunch.

So for me, I look back at Mosquitor as not only being cool, but a critical transition figure into a new era. (Which, for me, was when GI Joe started becoming the majority of my focus.) I'd be absolutely psyched for him in MOTUC.
    -"You want me to drive?!!"
    -"Hey, it's the 80's!"

Master of Time & Space Jedi_Master_Jeremy's Avatar
    I never had Mosquitor as a kid and I'm sure it wasn't until 2002 that I had my first one. However, I really like the character. The blood in his chest makes him what he is and what a great action feature. I actually prefere him to Mantenna and Leech but I'm sure we'll get those before Mosquitor.
    It's all about being polished when it counts!

Mosquitor is awesome! I can't wait to see what he looks like in MOTUC