Page 36 of 43 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Nice. His back looks good. I could go either way on the tanks. I was also curious to see which legs he would have -the Webstor or Buzz-Off ones. Good to see it's the Webstor ones.

Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    This figure is not complete, you may still see something, there may be a way of attaching them that we don't know....Mosquitor like Stinkor had enough different accessories in 200X to justify getting them....so it's not over until he's fully revealed. Stinkor may have lost paint to gain his tanks and extra head and all, Mosquitor may yet get his tanks.
    I hope you're right Shadowfall1976. The blood-tanks were one of the coolest upgrades in the staction line, and many of us will be bummed if they don't make it into this figure...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

online with my office computer in Liverpool
    Another shot of Spector standing victorious over a fallen Mosquitor in ToyGurus "how to get your SDCC stuff" video!
    If there's something strange in the neighbourhood, who you gonna' call? HE-MAN!!!!

Great new teasers, a little disappointed with no blood tanks but glad we've got the extra little arms, I'd want them over the tanks if I was given the choice anyway.

I hope they do this again with more figures
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

Searching for this WORLD CLASS RESEARCH FACILITY I heard about.
    I don't understand why the 4H made the back tanks or why people like the tanks. They were a lame add-on. HIS CHEST IS A TANK FOR THE BLOOD!!! That's his gimmick. I think the back tanks were totally unnecessary and took away from his gimmick chest. A bad design choice.
    SKELETOR'S JOURNEY: You heard of Skeletor, Skeleteen and now Skelebaby? The saga of Skeletor's chronology to be continued in 2014. Stay tuned!!!

Doing my best Skeletor... Agent John Utah's Avatar
    I agree with mick4metal that the tanks take away from the design of Mosquitor, what I would really like to see is translucent red Buzz-Off wings that clip into his back where the insect legs go. That way you can have "vintage" or winged "1/2 200X" versions.
    Visit my MotU Magazine Scans Thread>
    ██▓▓▒▒░░ Agent John Utah ░░▒▒▓▓██

Quote Originally Posted by Darkkosis View Post
    Cool back design, but I have to admit that I'm a little disappointed now knowing Mosquitor won't be having the blood-tanks/wings backpack...
    hmmm yeah i kinda of have mixed feelings about that as well, maybe the insect parts are removable and you can attach the tanks, guess we'll have to wait and see how the final product turns out to be,
    Last edited by Arkangel; July 11, 2012 at 08:21am.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mick4metal View Post
    I don't understand why the 4H made the back tanks or why people like the tanks. They were a lame add-on. HIS CHEST IS A TANK FOR THE BLOOD!!! That's his gimmick. I think the back tanks were totally unnecessary and took away from his gimmick chest. A bad design choice.
    What if Mosquitor gets full, he can't drain people anymore? Or fights enemies that he can't sting, such as Roboto or Stridor ? I think that's his way of storing blood for consumption from all the people he's stung. Sort of carrying your lunch and dinner with you. This is sort of like how 200X He-Man has a pouch for coin and inventions, or Fisto has books and ale in his belt.

I'm really not bothered by the missing tanks, but I can see why some fans are.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    I'm betting the Horde symbol will be a soft plastic pocket with pink backing and red fluid sealed in. By touching it you can squish it and move the blood around or it will move around as you move him.
    I'll take one, please!
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I don't know if someone else already said/noticed that he's got a detachable armor!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

A little disappointed with his back. Really regret not picking up the staction at toycon for $15 now.

Latest pics are awesome, especially the last one, bravo TG!
    Gaping holes in my collection: Regular old Teela, Weapons pack 1, Power & Honour book 1, SDCC artbook (maybe)

I'll miss the blood tanks, but I like what i see thus far. truth be told i miss a lot of the 200X uniqueness, but also classics is a nice blend of vintage and 200x in many cases, just wish there was more unique bodies, maybe have 3 male bucks and 2-3 females. but if I had to choose i'd say classics is the best motu toyline where as the stactions are the best sculpts and the vintage line the most fun toyline.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

He has to have one accessory thay hasn't been shown based on TG's rule saying every figure gets 2. So i bet it's probably tanks or an alternate head.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm feeling good about Mosquitor as far as the pics show him. Don't miss the blood back pack. I'm fine, that he got a new detachable armor. Due to the the armor, I don't think the chest piece has liquid in it. Maybe we get some interchangable plates.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    He has to have one accessory thay hasn't been shown based on TG's rule saying every figure gets 2. So i bet it's probably tanks or an alternate head.
    Or he could come with the Keldor swords, MAA's blaster, Horde Prime's staff, Draego-Man's shield and whip, ...
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

I think the back looks great and honestly I think with wings, arms and tanks it would just be too much for my tastes on his back, though I think I would have picked wings over arms, but he still looks great

Cant wait to see what they did with the chest, i will be ok with the plate thing like BA Heman, but Id rather some kind of liquid

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Or he could come with the Keldor swords, MAA's blaster, Horde Prime's staff, Draego-Man's shield and whip, ...
    man I hope they are smart enough to give us any of those other then the whip, if we get Spectors missing weapon over any of those others, we might have a riot here lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I still think this armor may be think enough to hold liquid int he front. I'm holding out hope for that...

I can do without the blood tanks. I think that was a neat feature of the staction, but not neccesary for me. His chest is the blood reciptical, and that works fine for me. If they were included, I'd be ok with that as well, but I'm fine with them missing.

I'm very glad there are no wings. Mosquitor doesn't need wings. I've always said that. The staction didn't have wings, so I'm unsure why that keeps getting thrown out. Unless you guys are talking abotu those bat wings, which I feel are just Horde deco and part of his blood tanks, not actual wings.

Based on his old mini comic, I always look at Mosquitor more like a man made into a robotic mosquito person rather than an actual insectoid. Mosquitor is just like Snout Spout, Dragstor, and Extendar. He's a creation of Hordak. The insectoid look of him in the stactionw as awesome, don't get me wrong. But I am very happy to see him more like this on the Classics figure, and I'm glad there are no wings.

That's all just my opinion, though. Only a few more days until the reveal! I am so excited I'm about to 'splode!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Due to the the armor, I don't think the chest piece has liquid in it. Maybe we get some interchangable plates.
    From the looks of it, the W-shape doesn't appear to be a clip-on, so if those are indeed interchangeable plates they will be a royal pain to swap, not to mention the brittleness of the translucent plastic.

Given that the armour is detachable, there's no room for the vintage bloodpumping feature, but I think liquid content (maybe with a hidden compartment) is still a possibility.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    man I hope they are smart enough to give us any of those other then the whip, if we get Spectors missing weapon over any of those others, we might have a riot here lol
    actually, the whip was the only thing I liked about Spector.
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Has anyone mentioned yet that the picture with draego-man with the mosquitor head flipped over looks like the black insect head is SEPERATE from the red helmet part? If you look at the silver piece comming out of the black mosquitor head there is a gaparound it and the black head as if the red helmet is a press fit on it... just like the staction! ANYONE ELSE THINK SO TO??????

Quote Originally Posted by ByThePowerOf... View Post
    Has anyone mentioned yet that the picture with draego-man with the mosquitor head flipped over looks like the black insect head is SEPERATE from the red helmet part? If you look at the silver piece comming out of the black mosquitor head there is a gaparound it and the black head as if the red helmet is a press fit on it... just like the staction! ANYONE ELSE THINK SO TO??????
    motumosq2.jpg

That would be cool. I'd love for him to have the staction's insect head as well.

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    He looks awesome! I'm cool without their being a pump or tanks, and think the back detail looks pretty sweet. I don't think he will have the smaller insect head of the staction, but I suppose there is always the possibility!

Going to be a GREAT figure, and these pictures have been great fun.

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I think that they can use the same method used on this Slayer cd:
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    I think that they can use the same method used on this Slayer cd:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_me5WAqDwPP...600/img051.jpg
    And if Mattel uses the same plastic as they did on Roboto and Green Goddess, it will be raining blood

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    And if Mattel uses the same plastic as they did on Roboto and Green Goddess, it will be raining blood
    well i would hope they would use soft plastic lol
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    well i would hope they would use soft plastic lol
    Yeah, same here, from what I've seen the Horsemen really outdid themselves on this one and it would be a shame if his chest ended up cracking.