Page 4 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I don't "hate" Mosquitor and I will get him when he comes out in the line, but I'm not really a huge fan of him. He does seem to have a big following, though the appeal just isn't there for me. He's another character, like Scare Glow, that seems to have a big cult following but that I could easily take or leave.

There are many other characters that I want before him, and if this line were to end prematurely and if he were one of the characters that they didn't get around to making, I wouldn't lose much sleep over it.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Cool figure. One of the last few figures I got as a kid. I wanna see him in MOTUC, but not as much as Dan. There are far more interesting characters I'd prefer to see in the line before they use up the yearly budget to make him. He is going to require all new tooling as his head, torso and feet will need it. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and want a new figure just not yet. Gimme Ram Man first.

By the way, am I the only one who doesn't want real red liquid in the MOTUC Mosquitor? Mattel probably won't do it anyway, but you never know. Given the choice, I'd rather they just use clear red plastic or something. I don't think there's a liquid that they could use that wouldn't eventually evaporate, and given past QC issues we've had, I wouldn't put it past them to ship out a few leaking Mosquitors.

I'm anxious to see some of the less popular Horde members sooner than later, like Dragstor and Mosquitor.
    Danielsan

Planet Claire has pink air
    All the trees are red
    No one ever dies there
    No one has a head
    The B-52's

https://www.facebook.com/danielsan52

Mosquitor sucks!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

I always liked Mosquitor! I look forward to him!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

I've always thought Mosquitor was awesome! He's been in my top ten of most wanted Classics since the line was announced!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by RageTreb View Post
    By the way, am I the only one who doesn't want real red liquid in the MOTUC Mosquitor? Mattel probably won't do it anyway, but you never know. Given the choice, I'd rather they just use clear red plastic or something. I don't think there's a liquid that they could use that wouldn't eventually evaporate, and given past QC issues we've had, I wouldn't put it past them to ship out a few leaking Mosquitors.
    My 2 vintage Mosquitors still work perfectly You would think that Mattel could make it work if the ones from 1986 are still suckin the blood

The outskirts of Castlevania, on the hunt!
    Quote Originally Posted by kagamigod View Post
    Cool figure. One of the last few figures I got as a kid. I wanna see him in MOTUC, but not as much as Dan. There are far more interesting characters I'd prefer to see in the line before they use up the yearly budget to make him. He is going to require all new tooling as his head, torso and feet will need it. Don't get me wrong, I like the character and want a new figure just not yet. Gimme Ram Man first.
    Agree with this on every level!!!

Quote Originally Posted by RockinHard View Post
    Mosquitor sucks!
    Lol!! I get it...........
    **Staunch FILMation lover!!! **** MUST have a New Adventures Subscription!!!**
    MOTUC NEEDS more TROLLANS !!!

To me, Mosquitor has always had the same appeal Boba Fett has in Star Wars. One of those little used characters that is ultra cool.
    "So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets." Matthew 7:12

Mosquitor was the figure that brought me back into MOTU for one last run. I was into Transformers and GI Joe by the time Mosquitor was released and when I saw him it was enough to get my attention again.

The best thing about Mosquitor is, if Mattel/4H base him solely on the vintage figure he will still look cool. The added Staction extras on a MOTUC will put him near the top of the best figures in the line.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I'm torn on this, becuase part of what makes that figure so cool is that blood pumping action! And it's such a classic Mattel action feature (see Pulsar and Gre-Gory) that it would just seem such a shame if they didn't add it.

But, I was also totally fine with the way ti was handled on the NECA Satction.

However, I think I'm going to lean more towards the hope that he DOES have the real liquid. Seeing Roboto with moving gears has given me a little more hope for this to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    The best thing about Mosquitor is, if Mattel/4H base him solely on the vintage figure he will still look cool. The added Staction extras on a MOTUC will put him near the top of the best figures in the line.
    I would be very happy to see the backpack used on the staction included with the MOTUC version!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; November 17, 2010 at 03:16pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Do you see this thread, Mattel? Scott?! Do you see this!

MOSQUITOR FOR 2011!

Quote Originally Posted by Baena View Post
    A thread like this is a good sign.

I remember Green Goddess getting a thread like this just months before her figure was announced.

I'm hoping this is true for you Dan!
    We need some Mosquitor fan art like the Blonde Bikini Teela thread!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    My favorite badguys as a kid were always the Evil Horde. Something about the dark, somewhat more scary designs of them struck a chord in me. I guess it's partially because kids tend to love monsters, and Hordak's crew always looked the most monstrous.
    I totally agree with this. I think it's part of the reason why people love the Horde so much - the characters seem largely of the same 'breed' even if they're not of the same race. I remember a post some time ago likening Horde villains to scary horror movie characters and I'd say that's pretty accurate.

Mosquitor does what a vampire does and sits perfectly with Hordak and Modulok, both of whom look like vampires. Leech and Mantenna are also positively monstrous...

...I'd extend this to some of the Filmation Horde villains as well. Scorpia and Octavia are both quite devilish and Admiral Scurvy has a sort of zombie-feel to him...and much as I hate the character, so does False Face... In fact, given this lot, Mosquitor would have fit in nicely in Filmation's She-Ra...but I doubt season two would have treated him with much respect!

I think he'd be fairly straightforward to produce in MOTUC. I wouldn't be too bothered by not having the blood-pumping feature - a replaceable body-plate would do. I also think Bow's shins would be good enough for Mosquitor. I hope they include some elements of the 200x staction figure too, which I love - he's less-threatening than a muscular Mosquitor, but I do find him creepier (and more like a mosquito too!).

Looking forward to seeing him!
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

Quote Originally Posted by Staff Of Ka View Post
    I dont like him, but that may have a lot to do with me not getting him in the 80's,
    Same here for me, and he's still not part of my vintage collection. Not because I wouldn't want him, but because I haven't come across him and don't think enough of him to go out looking for him specifically.
    Who has the Power?

who's got to thumbs and loves Mosquitor? MANGLORD does!

MANGLORD'S most wanted MOTUC, GWILDOR and the rest of the 87ers.
    http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h1...oppers01-1.jpg

Heroic Warrior
    He´s one of the figures I never had, but I like him, it`s a great design...

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    We need some Mosquitor fan art like the Blonde Bikini Teela thread!
    I agree 100%! Let's see some awesome Fan Art!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    Well, as I said earlier, I'm not the biggest Mosquitor fan. Granted, this in part is probably due to me never having him as a kid (not that I was that bothered with getting him).

So, whether or not he actually retains this feature doesn't make much difference to me. If he does, cool for those who want it (provided that no QC issues happen, like you pointed out).

However, regardless of whether he has that action feature or they just handle it like they did with the staction, I personally would like to see some kind of option (whether it's a snap on piece, or something that straps on over him) of him having a more traditional, full Horde logo on his chest.

I'm not asking for this to be in liu of something that at least looks like he originally did, but just something that goes over it as an option. I realize that it may need to be shaped a little differently, which isn't a big deal, but I would like something that has the Hordak face with wings, etc, on it.

There's a few reasons why Mosquitor has never resonated with me. As I said earlier, I never had the figure as a kid. Also, most of my ideal version of the Horde comes from the She-Ra cartoon (primarily SOTS). Since he wasn't part of SOTS, he isn't a part of the "core" Horde members in my mind.

But the other big issue (for me) with him is that he kind of suffers from an issue that happens a lot in toy lines with figures that come later on. Many toy lines will have figures that are new, have new features, new looks, etc, and they are cool, but they just don't quite seem to blend with the figures that came out before them.

Mosquitor seems, at least to me, to stand out like a sore thumb next to the other earlier Horde Members (Hordak, Mantenna, Leech, and Grizzlor). Because of his action feature, he doesn't have a traditional Horde logo on his chest, which would be okay, but it would be nice if they had made up for this by maybe putting more traditional Horde logos on the upper part of his boots instead of those red triangles. Speaking of which, I don't care much for the look of his boots on the classic figure (I do think that they, as well as the overall look of the character, were greatly improved with the staction, though it still wasn't blended in as well as it should have been). And there's just something about his overall look, particularly with the classic figure, that just doesn't feel very "Horde" to me. If it wasn't for the fact that he has the outline of the Horde logo on his chest, he wouldn't feel like a Horde character to me at all.

It's like that game on Sesame Street where they show you 4 objects and say "3 of things are like the others... 3 of these things are kind of the same", and the 4th object sticks out from the rest. To me, that is Mosquitor in relation to the other core Horde members (though I do think that Dragstor sticks out even more so). So, for me, it would be nice if he were given some options that help him "blend in" more. They can be removable options so that classic-figure fans can display him the way that they like, but this is something that I'd like to see.

I'll get him no matter what when/if he comes out, and I realize that what I am suggesting is unlikely to actually happen, but it's something that I would like to see.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Maybe if he had one of those stylish horde armbands that the others have, you'd like him more?
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"

Quote Originally Posted by Kevenn View Post
    Maybe if he had one of those stylish horde armbands that the others have, you'd like him more?
    I'm willing to be they'll give him one. It seems liek it'd be silly not to, since they tooled that armband as a separate piece. I'd like to see every Horde member wearing that.

Hordak: "You're either NEXUS or against us!

Where is the like button?

Squirrel that can type Lewd_Squirrel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFallen View Post
    Where is the like button?
    Agreed
    Does Galactus fart?

I'm willing to be they'll give him one. It seems liek it'd be silly not to, since they tooled that armband as a separate piece. I'd like to see every Horde member wearing that.

As soon as we get a few more Horde figures i'm definitely going to put He-Man in my WWE ring & have the Horde surround it, Nexus-style.

I might even put a spare armband on He-Man and force him to join the Horde.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketPunch View Post
    As soon as we get a few more Horde figures i'm definitely going to put He-Man in my WWE ring & have the Horde surround it, Nexus-style.

I might even put a spare armband on He-Man and force him to join the Horde.
    Would Hordak have the power to fire Adam as He-Man if he didn't help him obtain the power of Grayskull. He-ManNation would be absolutely distraught over this development.