Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 313940414243 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,025 of 1070

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

The left corrected Hsss shoulder is deceptive. If you check the left shoulder of your Draego Man, it looks reversed at certain angles, even though it's not.

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    The left corrected Hsss shoulder is deceptive. If you check the left shoulder of your Draego Man, it looks reversed at certain angles, even though it's not.
    Ah... Well maybe that is the case. It is tough to say by the pics, that is why I am hoping somebody can check him out today or perhaps they already checked in person to confirm.

Sallah

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Far from a fail. That's an overreaction.

I wish he had the liquid. That would have been cool for sure. But I am still over the moon right now. I LOVE this figure. I always said I would happily take the translucent plastic if that's what had to be done, so I'm cool with it. I am just so happy to get this figure. He's fantastic looking in person!

The shoulders looked correct to me, but to be honest I didn't really stare them down. The feet were switched on this prototype. Cornboy noticed that. It's real hard to tell though, because they look nearly the same shape. But both Cornboy and Scott promised me the final factory figure would not have swapped feet. So fingers are definitely crossed.

But yeah, I'm stoked! Mosquitor rocks, and the teasers were SO MUCH FUN!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Mekaneck is obviously my favorite figure and I consider him a partial fail because they didn't make his head to accommodate vac-metal.

But If your love for Mosquitor runs that deep to the point where your ok with how he turned out, I'll respect that.

I can't help but wonder if they could have had a translucent red plastic container that you could fill up with blood and attach to his chest piece to simulate the blood effect without having an action feature.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Heroic Warrior
    I think the best way it could have worked is if they created an entirely new upper torso which would be able to hold liquid. This way they could have made it bigger and look more like the vintage figure, There are probably a dozen different ways they could have done it... but as usual they opted for the cheapest way. End result being total fail on the main gimmick of the figure.

high five to matty.

Kickin' It Old Skool! Alex The Kid's Avatar
    You guys have got to be kidding me!

Clearly the words "epic" and "fail" are being used waaay to loosly around here.

So Mosquitor just comes with his gun? But I will get him for sure.

I missed the bit about what they did with this blood panel on his chest. What was the final route they went?
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Heroic Warrior
    Possible switched feet AND shoulders ? Oh, boy... I think we're in for more problems and QC issues.

There are also more questions remaining about the blood tank.

All in all, Mosquitor looks awesome. But I'm not sure that the quality of the figure will follow the same path...

I think this figure suffers from what 30% of the classics line suffers from....Too Vintage, Not enough. The head looks too small, I would have set up the chest with some hoses the run to a tank on the back. a soft backpack filled with water could have crudely simulated a pumping chamber with hoses that run to the chest cavity. Also in hind sight now, how many figures could have utilized a cavity buck. Kobra Khan, Snout Spout, DB Skeletor, now Mosquitor.

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    I missed the bit about what they did with this blood panel on his chest. What was the final route they went?
    I missed it to! Usually we have some video of people taking the figures out for closer detail!
    Contact me if you have MOTU Merchandise Items for sale or trade! Please view a sampling of what I am looking for Here:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...ase%20Contact/
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v400/j...need%20Europe/

Quote Originally Posted by jmb410s View Post
    I missed it to! Usually we have some video of people taking the figures out for closer detail!
    TG talks about it with Dan on the walkthrough video. There will be no liquid inside his chestpiece.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.

I'm still looking for a REALLY clear pic of his chest--from what I've heard it looks cool, but I can't quite tell if I dig it--but the rest of him is awesome! ESPECIALLY the eyes!
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I'm happy you're happy, Dan, but for me...

No second accesory
    No 200X underneath the red helmet
    No tanks
    No liquid blood

This figure is a failure because, according to Scott in the walkthrough, the managment of this line lack a skill every other working professional in the USA is expected to have: time management. If they knew they were coming up on the deadline to conceptualize features, they should have dropped the hemming and hawing and stuck to what they knew they could do: liquid in the armor without any pumping feature and the head underneath the helmet (or alternatively, another accessory). The wasted time made this figure the disappointment of the year. It doesn't matter how many cute photos are shown before SDCC if the figure itself has very little substance.
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I'm glad he does not have liquid, this way we won't find out any feature defect on the figure long after it has been released and we are all screwed.

BTW, some of you are really getting annoying with the action feature stuff. Just because one figure ended up having the feature you now seem to think ALL of the figures should have it. Well I say WRONG!!! I mean seriously. Would you really want Mekaneck's neck pieces flaking? Or Ram Man to have no leg articulation just to accomodate a fake ramming feature? I sure as hell wouldn't, and since these figures are expensive (and will be getting even moreso next year), I don't want anything that may compromise my enjoyment of the figure.
    Last edited by Dr Kain; July 17, 2012 at 10:27am.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I'm glad he does not have liquid, this way we won't find out any feature defect on the figure long after it has been released and we are all screwed.

BTW, some of you are really getting annoying with the action feature stuff. Just because one figure ended up having the feature you now seem to think ALL of the figures should have it. Well I say WRONG!!! I mean seriously. Would you really want Mekaneck's neck pieces flaking? Or Ram Man to have no leg articulation just to accomodate a fake ramming feature? I sure as hell wouldn't, and since these figures are expensive (and will be getting even moreso next year), I don't want anything that may compromise my enjoyment of the figure.
    They could just add liquid and not add the action feature, i always complained of the 200x figure because he looked sooo dry.... and now i complain about this one,
    the only mosquitor i realli like is the vintage incredible!
    it would be really easy to just put liquid inside with no way to remove it!
    if the vintage mosquitor still have the liquid with the old technologic, why should we think with a 30 years later technologyc we will be screwed?
    motucustoms4sale@hotmail.com
    visit my albums:
    awesome trades with: harold, krosfyah, bobtheodd, Agostinho, boggs32, sallah, beastor
    Visit my facebook page 2917 likes already!!!!! XD
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...259610?sk=info

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    They could just add liquid and not add the action feature, i always complained of the 200x figure because he looked sooo dry.... and now i complain about this one,
    the only mosquitor i realli like is the vintage incredible!
    it would be really easy to just put liquid inside with no way to remove it!
    if the vintage mosquitor still have the liquid with the old technologic, why should we think with a 30 years later technologyc we will be screwed?
    Toy laws have changed even if technology has improved, and one of those laws prevent a toy being filled with any kind of liquid and then shipped overseas as there is still a chance it can leak in transit. It's the same reason Slush Head didn't have water in his dome, it's the same reason Oil Slick in the Transformers Animated line didn't have his dome filled with water either. I don't understand how anyone can still be dissapointed that there is no blood in MOTUC Mosquitor thinking that it was possible when in reality it most likely was never considered an option by the designers. Look at it from another perspective; between exploding crotces, broken ankle joints, cracked torsos, reversed shoulders, broken trunks, and loose joints, does the idea of the blood leaking while in transit and runing both figure and package seem like a worthy gamble to take? A catastrophe like that would make all other QC related issues pale in comparison.

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    Pixel Dan, I love your Mosquitor shirt, and the best way to manage this would been 2 interchangeable plates, one recreating the classic look of blood with white background and another with the modern look.

PD: Where I can get that t-shirt? I want one...
    TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST
    -SONGSTER -KARG -CALIX -SCROLLOS -SAGITAR -CLAWDEEN -GRANITA
    -QUEEN ANDREENO -CERATOS -KULATAK ELDER
    -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR
    -METEORBS -ORACLE -QUEEN VEENA -GRAY -ODIPHUS -MONSTROID

2015 NA SUB (EXCLUSIVE: Darius)
    -Weaponstronic, Tuskador, Kayo, Lizorr, Staghorn, Hoove

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I can't believe how many people are ticked off about this figure! I think he looks great, and can't wait to get him. The only complaint I can think of is that he seems to only come with one accessory. It would have been neat if they have him a 2nd "unhelmeted" head, but man I can live.

Looks great, may be the best figure of the year, and there is A LOT of competition!

I don't understand why the Mattel design team went "back & forth", as TG said.

Surely blood-tanks - something we haven't seen in Classics - would be much more interesting than the insect legs already appearing on Buzz-Off & Webstor!?
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    I don't understand why the Mattel design team went "back & forth", as TG said.
    Agreed...that part baffled me, as well as the 'using up resources deciding' bit. I can understand some of it might have had to do with cost, but he made it sound more like they just couldn't decide. And to be honest, the final product is very lacking, imo. I think it was a lot of hype over what turned out to be a pretty boring figure. The character wasn't great to begin with, or a big name, and this figure doesn't help it imo. The staction is a work of art compared to the MOTUC version, and it takes a lot for me to choose a 200x design over the vintage. There isn't a single thing about this figure that appeals to me.
    Just my opinion, not trying to hurt feeling.

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by dark knight View Post
    They could just add liquid and not add the action feature,
    The liquid is still an action feature as far as I am concerned, and I do not like them. And whether it had the actual pumping feature or not, the fact would remain that the liquid they used would find some way to rot the figure's check and start leaking it the same way Snout Spout's trunk splits, etc.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

I kinda prefer the shape of the blood window on the vintage fig... it looked more like the Horde symbol IMO
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

I'm getting MECHANECK and Dan is getting mosquitor. A good year all around, however I think Dan's next shirt needs to have the mosquitor silhouette and say "it's about *** time".