Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1070

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

Pixel Dan head for Mosquitor

We should petition for an alternate head for Mosquitor - a Pixel Dan head. If Toy Guru has a head for Spector, we should have a Pixel Dan head so the two can battle it out SDCC style on our shelves!

Honestly, Dan has done a lot for the line - his reviews, interviews, etc. He totally deserves to be immortalized in MOTUC plastic.

Anyone else with me on this?

hell no...

Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72 View Post
    We should petition for an alternate head for Mosquitor - a Pixel Dan head. If Toy Guru has a head for Spector, we should have a Pixel Dan head so the two can battle it out SDCC style on our shelves!

Honestly, Dan has done a lot for the line - his reviews, interviews, etc. He totally deserves to be immortalized in MOTUC plastic.

While I'm very appreciative of Dan and I wouldn't mind a nod to him in this line (as well as Val, Emiliano, etc.), Mosquitor, IMO, isn't a human with a helmet. He's a nasty little humanoid bug that's just out to suck blood to survive...and maybe a little pleasure

Just thought it would be cool - heck they could do a PD head for one of the fighting foe men and it would be cool

Heroic Warrior
    We had enough with the Toyguru head idolatry. One is more than enough, IMO.

I have to agree with those saying Mosquitor is somewhat underwhelming. And yes Scott saying that they went 'round and 'round on what to include and what route to go with the blood feature so in the end decided to do nothing... is highly dubious. Perhaps he should have just said this is the route they'd decided to go all along. It would have ticked people off less.

I see this figure as one that could use an update down the road. Whether it's add-on blood tanks, an addtl head, or some other feature to make it unique I'm not sure, but he needs something.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

Heroic Warrior
    It's possible that an additional accessory for Mosquitor could be included in a future weapons pack, aka Drago-Man's whip and Horde Prime's staff. So people couldn't necessarily count the blood tanks out completely.
    Good Traders:
    fbiagentcooper, The_Donster, Captain Miro, Satonic, grimghost, robb

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayton72:3103240

1000% no. That's not a typo. Great guy, but tooling $$ sorry. Throw Molarr's head on there...same difference.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I feel like he needs more to his design. He is a whole lot of sweet but just is missing something.

Golems for 2016! AdultCollector's Avatar
    He looks okay to me. Maybe a little unnecessarily bulky. Larger bubbles needed to give the chest a more liquid look. Incest parts on the back are not needed. Poor job on the bio. No reason why we can't have blood tanks, BUT it shouldn't be too hard for die hard Mosquitor fans to come up with parts from the Staction figure (or maybe people can mod their extra Stinkor tank since many bought two of him).

Quote Originally Posted by Stygian360 View Post
    I have to agree with those saying Mosquitor is somewhat underwhelming. And yes Scott saying that they went 'round and 'round on what to include and what route to go with the blood feature so in the end decided to do nothing... is highly dubious. Perhaps he should have just said this is the route they'd decided to go all along. It would have ticked people off less.

I see this figure as one that could use an update down the road. Whether it's add-on blood tanks, an addtl head, or some other feature to make it unique I'm not sure, but he needs something.
    I'm not planning on getting the blood tanks later so I went ahead and cut them off of my staction (the cut is smooth so I can transfer between both figures). I just felt the figure def was lacking without so I took matters into my own hands i'll post pictures when I get the figure in hand

I think Mosquitor is afflicted by the trend to really, really cut down accessories on figures going forward. I was hoping, being that we were told so, that figures going forward would not be losing accessories and paint aps, but that does not seem to be the case if you look at upcoming figures.

Quote Originally Posted by orbles View Post
    I think Mosquitor is afflicted by the trend to really, really cut down accessories on figures going forward. I was hoping, being that we were told so, that figures going forward would not be losing accessories and paint aps, but that does not seem to be the case if you look at upcoming figures.
    Well, Mosquitor is still in this year so a lack of accessories/paint is not a surprise. Netossa.... that's more of a surprise.

I might change my tune once we have Mosquitor in hand, but so far I'm feeling like he's one of the most disappointing figures. With the hugely bulky body, his proportions just look kinda weird as a result, and while I understand he probably cost quite a bit of tooling dollars, he really needs something else to "make him pop." Blood tanks or wings or whatever would've done wonders.

BUT...what irks me the most is that they tried to go for the vintage route, yet the chest piece is completely different from the original:

Why did they change that? The original piece looks more like the Horde symbol or something, and the new one doesn't resemble that at all. Boourns.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    Well, Mosquitor is still in this year so a lack of accessories/paint is not a surprise. Netossa.... that's more of a surprise.
    Especially when 2013 Jitsu gets three/four swords I'll probably have no use for! What use (other than Vintage accuracy) does a guy with a gigantic metal whammer in place of a hand have for tiny swords?? Just sayin... those accessories could have been eliminated in favor of a mask or whatever fans are asking for on Netossa. Personally I'm fine with her the way she's planned, but I can empathize with the sticking point many are having with her lack of accessories.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    BUT...what irks me the most is that they tried to go for the vintage route, yet the chest piece is completely different from the original. Why did they change that? The original piece looks more like the Horde symbol or something, and the new one doesn't resemble that at all. Boourns.
    Because in the end they beefed it on either, A) not giving themselves enough time to properly plan the chest feature, B) had enough time but couldn't come up with a decent solution/look/etc., C) felt fans wouldn't care as much if they short changed Mosquitor since they were getting so many other cool figures this year, especially in sheer volume. Personally the shape isn't as important to me since it's accurate enough, it's the fact that they didn't even attempt the liquid feature (or if they did there's zero evidence of it here). 30 yrs ago they not only got liquid in there but a blood pump to boot and now we get... colored plastic?! I get that costs are shaved nearly to the bone in this line, but I would much rather have seen Mosquitor pushed to a future year with time to figure out the liquid rather than time crunched and cost cut so severely. Just makes an otherwise outstanding toy seem... undercooked.
    Last edited by Stygian360; August 17, 2012 at 03:06pm.
    Harken to the coming of RIO BLAST!!

he just look's...off. big let down for me.

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

I think he looks great. I would have loved to have the liquid ala the vintage figure (which is in my top 5 favorite toys ever as a kid), but I'm glad he doesn't look sickly like the staction and I really don't see the need for blood tanks. He's a giant humanoid Mosquito for crying out loud......Mosquito's don't need no stinking tanks! They ARE the tank!

Mosquitor does look a little off to me. I like the vintage figure a lot better.

I don't mind the lack of liquid to be honest, but I really dislike the new chest piece shape. If they were gonna do the all-vintage style, they should've straight up used the old chest design minus the liquid "blood."

This is one time I WANTED them to copy the original figure more closely. In this case, I would have loved the chest symbol to match the original. Sometimes I do not understand where the 4H are coming from regarding what they do and do not change.
    Jeremy Soronen
    My Collection

That is odd. I didn't realize the symbol was such a departure from the original. I'd prefer the original as well, although he looks good anyway.

I have a question, does Mosquitor have any Horde insignia on him, his blood armor, doesnt really look like the Horde bat and I was looking at some pics of him dont really any on him. Pixel Dan, im sure you have answer to this. Thanks

I would imagine he has a Horde shoulder strap ?
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    I have a question, does Mosquitor have any Horde insignia on him, his blood armor, doesnt really look like the Horde bat and I was looking at some pics of him dont really any on him. Pixel Dan, im sure you have answer to this. Thanks

you mean the horde arm band, I didnt see it in the pics.

actually the design of the blood thingy in the chest is meant to be his horde logo.
    Quote Originally Posted by facet View Post
    you mean the horde arm band, I didnt see it in the pics.