Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

I've never been very keen on him. The 80s toy was horrible for me. Legs were to small and torso was to big. Also couldn't understand why he didn't have wings.

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    I really like Mosquitor, he'd make a great figure. A sub seller in Jan-Mar or released in October for Halloween

This post started as a response to Mosquitor's sweeping popularity in the first MOTUC Popularity Polls. He's back for a second bite of the cherry!

I still find it amazing that he's up there in the popularity stakes with Mantenna, Leech, Shadow Weaver and Scorpia - of the later figures, he's definitely one of the better figures. I look at Rotar and Twistoid and think: what a waste... They showed they could still knock kick-ass original characters out of the mill with Mosquitor and Scare Glow - I wish we'd seen more...
    Most-wanted MOTUC: Granita - Hunga the Harpy - Spinnerella - Melaktha - Vultak - Dylamug - Crita - Mermista Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina

He's pretty awesome and was one of my favorite vintage toys. I'm looking forward to him.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I'm not huge on Mosquitor but I think that's because he was released after I got out of He-Man figures. He's one of those characters who needs his gimmick. I'm not too big on gimmicks but he's nothing without it, much like Roboto and Man-E-Faces.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Master of Power Suction Killian's Avatar

Extra Head for Mosquitor?

Let's harass Mattel now to get an extra head for Mosquitor with Pixel Dan's face when he's finally released!

Who's with me?!
    He who dies with the most MOTUC wins!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Haha! Really? You want my ugly mug on a figure?
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

the reason i want mosquitor is precisely because i never had him as a kid!
    FILMATION
    PRESENTS
    .:*~*:Thank You, Lou Scheimer...and Good Journey:*~*:.
    ...For Every Destination is but a Doorway to Another...
    The Time Has Come for Crackers The Clown and Chef Allen in MOTUC!

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yes, I would take a Pixel Dan head. Your reviews were my first source of info when I found out this line existed and guided me in collecting the figures I'd missed out on.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2015!!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    When I think of MOTU (certainly, when in terms of the original incarnation), Mosquitor is pretty far down the list of characters I immediately associate with the line.
    Although I still collected the line when he was released late in the day, the line had become to gimmicky and unfocused from my pre-Filmation tastes so never had Mosquitor as a kid - instead I used to save for the earlier characters I didn't yet have. But he's one of those that, when I came to "re-collect" the line in the late 1990s, he was one of the guys that I was like "hey... I never realised how cool that dude was!!". Although not a key character in the overall setting, he has a kinda "stand alone" coolness to him. Also, as he was released so late on and didn't have many merchandise appearances, he has a mysterious-cool feel to him, kinda like the original Faker had for so many years.

So while not key in terms of my "I need this fella to assemble my dream Classics connection", I'd really like him anyway. With regards to the blood-sucking-chest-thing, I have a bad feeling we'd see similar to Battle Armor He-Man & Skeletor... changeable plates underneath the chest. But hey, as they've occasionally gone the whole hog, as they did with Roboto (which still amazes me that they did, but in a good way), we might get lucky.
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    It'd look better than a certain Royal Guard...

After seeing the Toy Fair walk through with Pixel Dand Toyguru, I couldn't help but think of how they would handle Mosquitor when they were discussing Slush Head holding water in his tank. Perhaps a removable tank that comes out once you remove armour and head etc that works like Slush Head's tank (pluggable hole).

What I'm wondering is if people wanted to put in a coloured liquid (strawberry juice or water with red colouring etc), would it end up staining the tank after time? Would plain water end up staining someone like Mosquitor or Slush Head after a while, like a reaction to the plastic or whatever?

Though I can't help but imagine some people going to a Doctor or some sort of professional and asking if they can 'donate' some blood to Mosquitor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandman View Post
    I hate you. So much.

In regards to my speculation on who Teela's real father is.

Quote Originally Posted by Masamune View Post
    Though I can't help but imagine some people going to a Doctor or some sort of professional and asking if they can 'donate' some blood to Mosquitor.

Maybe we'll have a figure with Toyguru's blood so he can put himself into the line even more? The Mighty Mos-Spec-Itor!

Dammit where is Mosquitor already!!??

He was possibly my most favorite figure to play with as a kid!

Longtime fan, longtime supporter of his classics version.

– No comment.

Heroic Warrior

MOTUC Mosquitor Discussion

http://pixel-dan.com/breaking-news-m...motu-classics/

awesome that dan got to break that news!

Evil Lord Of Destruction
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlitzer View Post
    http://pixel-dan.com/breaking-news-m...motu-classics/

awesome that dan got to break that news!
    Cant say am terribly excited, but hey, he had a figure so it's a fair call.Still better than another (for me, of course!) unknown POP charcter.
    I hope, however we get Ninjor, Lodar and Strongarm sooner rather than later. I also dream of a Shokothi...oh well. Any idea of what else will be shown at SDCC?
    Last edited by Keldor/Skeletor73; April 15, 2012 at 11:14am.

Pretty excited about this reveal and I'm also happy to see Pixel Dan start his own website. I wish him all the success in the world as he is a great contributor to the success of this line as well as a big fan!

Very cool!
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Glad they let Dan break the news! Very cool.
    I just published my very first ebook: Malediction! A short story of monsters and magic!
    Buy it now on Amazon or Barnes and Noble!

Print version, also available!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I can't believe you guys beat me to posting this here on the forums!

But yes! I'm a STOKED, needless to say! And I am honored Mattel allowed me to break the news!

THANK YOU SCOTT! THANK YOU FOUR HORSEMEN!!!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Dan, I said they should compensate you for helping sell their products by bring Mosquitor out this year....and there you go!
    If only I was as clairvoyant with lottery numbers.....*sigh*

That's awesome! Mosquitor is a character I've never been too excited about in particular, but I'm always glad to add to the collection! That Dan got the scoop shows what a nifty guy Scooter is!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Great news indeed. So, finally Dan is getting his beloved action-figure! YAY. I hope Mattel does it justice...
    It's also great to see another essential horde figure coming our way...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Congrats Dan!

Dan please tell me there was some screaming involved when you were sent that picture.

I wonder if we'll get to see the rest of the figure before SDCC.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Wow, that's awesome! And it was teased out as suggested in RGD. LOL. Cool you got to break it, Dan. Definitely looking forward to seeing the full reveal. Now, will he be for 2012 or 2013? I'm guessing the start of 2013.