Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Stinkor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar

MOTU Classics Stinkor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Stinkor is here! Enjoy!!

Any questions, just ask!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Realist. Deal with it. Lord Anubis's Avatar
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!
    "We are the tools of our own imagination, constructing temples and cathedrals in which our most outlandish dreams become truth." - Samael

Are those new forearms?

Sweet!

LMAO...the smell memory is hillarious!
    Last edited by Stratos*Major; April 15, 2012 at 11:25pm.
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Uggg.. Waste of an extra head. Serioulsy.... they are just WAY too similiar. Same teeth, same eyes.. same ears....

It's BASICALLY the same head, with a different expression.

Admittedly the modern one looks BETTER... but I think if they only gave us THAT one, I don't think anyone would have really noticed. I'd rather they save the extra heads for when they are more drastically noticable.

Ears are different.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Uggg.. Waste of an extra head. Serioulsy.... they are just WAY too similiar. Same teeth, same eyes.. same ears....

Admittedly the modern one looks BETTER... but I think if they only gave us THAT one, I don't think anyone would have really noticed. I'd rather they save the extra heads for when they are more drastically noticable.
    +1.

This is one situation where I'm not so keen on having the vintage head.

Thanks for the video Dan!

Stinkor Huffing will be the new he-fan addiction!
    Turn Mermaid Speculation Into Mermaid Support
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=164726
    Where's the fish!!??
    MERMISTA

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    Ears are different.
    Not different enough.

MAA got the mustache... Fisto got the headband... merman was a COMPLETLEY different look as was Whiplash...

This is basically 'angry stinkor' vs. 'surprised stinkor'

I'm speaking as a vintage purist here... and I'M saying the vintage head wasn't worth redoing...

MAYBE if the 200x one had the gasmask sculpted on or something it could have been justified... but ehhhh not really seeing it.

ESPECIALLY considering all the cool weapons and stuff we lost because of tooling dollars

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos*Major View Post
    Pixel Dan Panties Huffing will be the new he-fan addiction!
    Uh, whaaaaaaaaaat?

Thanks for the review Dan.

It seemed that you were having some issue getting him to stand, does he suffer from loose ankles?

I understand why Mattel decreased the "stink level" but I hope that doesn't mean that his sent will fade faster. I've noticed that my Moss Man does not smell nearly as much as he did, and like you mentioned he really smelled when he was new.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Definitely excited for this one. Although I agree a hit of metallic blue on the weapons would have been nice, it's hard to complain with all the cool extras he got.

Very excited for this one. Will definitely be getting 2 of Stinkor.

Can't wait to get this stinky guy in my collection, however like Dan; I'm kinda disappointed with the lack of details/added paint job on his accessories, they're just too plain or flat looking, as they were unfinished pieces!
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Hmm...looks like they molded the little arm prongs inward for the new forearms. Interesting.

Well, overall I'm liking the guy quite a bit more than I thought I would! I still love all those options and I think the two heads are pretty dang cool. There's enough of a difference between the two for me. I'm still probably going to keep him out and separate from the other figures in storage, though. I've kept Moss Man out on display this whole time, so Stinkor will probably join him. Don't wana risk rubbing any of the 'ol stank off on the other figures.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Wowz, I can't wait for Stinkor to be released!
    "The most difficult thing is trying not to forget who you really want to be." - Nong Toom

I am looking for these Marvel Legends figures

My marketplace feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Not different enough.

MAA got the mustache... Fisto got the headband... merman was a COMPLETLEY different look as was Whiplash...

This is basically 'angry stinkor' vs. 'surprised stinkor'
    But is a mustache or headband REALLY that different from their normal head? I mean, it feels like we're splitting hairs here, if you'll pardon the pun...

I'm speaking as a vintage purist here... and I'M saying the vintage head wasn't worth redoing...

MAYBE if the 200x one had the gasmask sculpted on or something it could have been justified... but ehhhh not really seeing it.

ESPECIALLY considering all the cool weapons and stuff we lost because of tooling dollars
    But the tooling here was spent on the new head... The vintage head was already sculpted and tooled from Mer-Man, so no tooling was "wasted" on this head to take away any other accessories. It's kind of funny to me that the head people are complaining about is the one with the least amount of cost attached.

Heroic Warrior
    Great figure, love it!

Well said mjharwood.

amazing review! ... this is up there with your best dan! ...

another perfect update of the vintage figure, im not that bothered about the extra accessories as its vintage all the way for me! ... this is MOTU classics! ...
    ''He-Man lives and possesses that key, I must possess all or I possess nothing!'' (Skeletor, 1987)

*IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN*

Thanks for the review. If the reports about his stink are true--that it's bad, but you can only smell it when you hold it up to your face--then I think Stinkor should be added to the 'masterpiece' category. I don't know how they pulled off the 'heavy smell, but only up close', but as someone who has complained for years about not wanting Stinkor to smell bad, I'm quite happy about this. Combined with the great accessories, he's perfect imo and couldn't have been done much better. Personally I like the solid blue accessories, they look sharp and motu is filled with solid coloured items anyway.

Widget
    Amazing looking figure, definately one of my most wanted, can't wait to add him to my collection
    I've gone on holiday by mistake

It is not where I am that matters, it is when

I agree, putting a repainted Merman head in there is stupid.
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Great figure, he will be mine.

Shera's secret heartthrob oulala's Avatar
    I wasn't going to buy Stinkor now that I'm back to being a cherry picker (mattel cancelled my subscription!)
    But for a moment I almost did. I LOVE the modern face. Awesome sculpt. I love the general sculpt...

But I'm not going to buy it because of the lack of paint on the accessories. The gun and gaz mask and the backpack would look SO MUCH BETTER with just a few highlights or a wash... Why paying for amazing sculpts by the 4 horsemen if you're not going to pay justice and cast everything in a one color plastic???

Again, I'm not really ranting against Mattel, I'm just saying that, looking at that figure, I feel it would have looked way better with more paint. My guess is the smell did cost extra money and they somehow had to cut down on paint apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emiliano View Post
    The harsh reality is that the Horde were originally intended for POP, and they have always been intended for POP. Filmation developed the characters for the POP cartoon. It's a fact.