Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Stinkor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Cool! Stinkor looks awesome! I'm glad we have both heads to switch around! I had Stinkor back in the days and he was one of my favorite villains! Adding Beast-Man's body makes him look much better overall. Metallic blue on the accessories would've been much better, I agree. Can't wait to get him!!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Smells like a great figure! Love it!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    But is a mustache or headband REALLY that different from their normal head? I mean, it feels like we're splitting hairs here, if you'll pardon the pun...
    Absolutely, they do. Those things make the two heads VERY noticeably different. Whereas with Stinkor's heads I think you've gotta take a pretty good look to see the differences--I felt the same way about Panthor's headsculpt--the first time I saw a pic I thought it was a prototype that still had Battle Cat's head on it.
    Check out my short film! www.AwardWinningTheMovie.com

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...=125066&page=2

Awesome Traders List: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=135253

The Cradle Will Rock As I'm Drivin' Down Highway 40 In My Big Ol' Pick Up Truck.

I was so looking forward for this review! Can´t´wait to get him. I love the 200x head, it´s the same head with a different expression, just like in mossman, who used a repainted head too.
    One quick question, Dan. Can you tell if the only piece that 'stinks' is the torso? According to another review it was.
    Thanks for the awesome review and congrats on the brand new site!
    Keep it up!!

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    The two heads are fantastic, the mer-man head is for the nostalgia effect and the real head is perfect, the eyes, the ears and the overall menacin' look is stunnin'.
    While the vintage figure is a total repaint of old stuff, with this figure we got a lot of new things:
    1) The new head
    2) The new neck piece
    3) The gun
    4) The backpack
    5) The furry forearm
    6) The furry calf
    I think that's one of the best figures of the line.
    I will not buy it just because I already have the vintage toy but it's highly recommended!
    P.S. Thank you 4 Horsemen for the Beastman body and the Skeletor hands/feet, the perfect choices between the actual toy and the cross-sell art!
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

That's exactly what his head looked like in 200x. How much more different could they have made it? It's accurate to the staction and cartoon.

Gorilla beastussapien Beastmangler's Avatar
    Can't wait for Stinkor!!!

Dan, that story from when you were a kid proves that Stinkor really has the “stench of evil.”

Very excited for this one. Thanks for the review

Can't wait!

Stinkor is my #1 Favorite character and for some reason I can't view the video
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    What can I say... MOTUC Stinkor is wonderful ! I'll certainly buy this figure ! Awesome ! And very nice preview, Dan ! I laughed when you told us you were actually afraid of Stinkor's patchouli stench when you were a little boy. Nice childhood anecdote and memory !

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    Stinkor is my #1 Favorite character and for some reason I can't view the video
    For some reason, I am unable to get the video to work on here, BUT I was able to head over and watch it on youtube!

GREAT review of my favorite character! I can't wait!
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

I am SO happy ot finalyl see Stinkor for the MOTUC line.

PLUS!!!
    Stinkor puts us one step closer to Mekaneck being made.
    AWESOME!

Great fig. Pity we didn't get the metallic paint apps on his accessories like on the proto...

NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

did anyone get a shot of the tanks on his back with the metallic highlight paint scheme?

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phantom1592 View Post
    Uggg.. Waste of an extra head. Serioulsy.... they are just WAY too similiar. Same teeth, same eyes.. same ears....

It's BASICALLY the same head, with a different expression.

Admittedly the modern one looks BETTER... but I think if they only gave us THAT one, I don't think anyone would have really noticed. I'd rather they save the extra heads for when they are more drastically noticable.
    I notice. I think the 200X head works best with the gas mask on. If you don't use it, then it WILL look similar to original Stinkor. I'm getting two Stinkors for both looks--one with all the 200X stuff, the other with only the shield and Mer-Man head. I think the vintage toy Mer-Man head works for Stinkor better than Mer-Man himself.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress
    Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Evilseed (MYP)

Great review, Dan. Thanks!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Mern-Ra View Post
    Absolutely, they do. Those things make the two heads VERY noticeably different. Whereas with Stinkor's heads I think you've gotta take a pretty good look to see the differences--I felt the same way about Panthor's headsculpt--the first time I saw a pic I thought it was a prototype that still had Battle Cat's head on it.
    Look at pic posted by Iceman and tell me you don't see the dramatic difference in the way those ears are sculpted... On the classic head they look like flat sea shells (like that from an oyster), almost, while on the new head they have a more animalistic, feline look. Heck even the positioning is different. I would liken it to the difference in the way a dog's ears lie whether they're happy and alert or angry and ready to take a chunk out of someone. And if you can't notice the difference between those two things, I would recommend avoiding dogs for a long healhy life.

By the way, I do agree that Panthor's head sculpting difference is subtle. But Stinkor, no it's pretty obvious.

Great Review as always and I saw you huffing Stinkor in that Video Dan

To steal and slightly change a line from a great Movie " Looks like Dan picked the wrong week to quit sniffing Stinkor"
    Last edited by mjw41; April 16, 2012 at 09:33am.

Heroic Warrior
    I won't be using the gun, tanks, mask, lever, etc. But why didn't they add the paint apps to the blue accessories?

I guess metallic blue paint is VERY expensive these days. Perhaps it's being rationed for Sir sucks alot.

Great review. I'm really anticipating this figure. I'll probably display him in the same manor as I do Fisto: with the 200X accessories but with the classic head. That new head would look great on Felinor.
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Wow i cant believe people are complaining about the extra head lol wait yes I can

oh well i think both heads look great!

He is coming with a lot of items, 1 old head, 1 new head, new neck piece, new forearms, new armor, new gas mask, new tanks, new gun and 1 old shield

If i had to guess, Im thinking we lost the paint details on the items in favor of keeping all those parts, I could be wrong, it could have just been a mistake that got over looked.

either way i will be happy to display 2 stinkors in my collection!

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post
    Great fig. Pity we didn't get the metallic paint apps on his accessories like on the proto...

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo.../Stinkor-3.jpg
    its a small detail, but it really makes the weapons pop
    Last edited by fireball13z; April 16, 2012 at 10:43am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    the ignore list is my new best friend

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I won't be using the gun, tanks, mask, lever, etc. But why didn't they add the paint apps to the blue accessories?.
    Why not? He looks dumb without the tank and mask.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    but is a mustache or headband really that different from their normal head? I mean, it feels like we're splitting hairs here, if you'll pardon the pun...
    yes!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Dr Kain; April 16, 2012 at 11:00am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Beast of 1000 Bottles Hordaiquiri's Avatar
    Good stuff, love your childhood story.

I have to say, the 200X head looks very sinister. I'm not sure which I'll display Stinkor with, but I'll definitely be adding on all of the accessories for ultimate-Stinkor-ness. Yeah, that's not a word, but eh...

Only one thing bugs me...

Quote Originally Posted by oICEMANo View Post

http://thefwoosh.com/wp-content/uplo.../Stinkor-3.jpg
    That.

Ah well. Thanks for the review!
    Vintage NA for MOTUC!! LET'S GO~~
    MOTUC wants: KAYO, Angella, Perfuma, Peekablue, Darius, Drissi, Sebrian, Crita, Hoove, Mara, Staghorn, Crystoll, Quakke, B.H., Lizzor, Lord Masque, Chef Allen, Sssqueeze, Clawdeen, Granita, Hunga, Kothos, King Ahgo, the Twiggets, Meteorbs
    Great .org transactions: sdilks, Man-E-Toys, bigassbuzz x2, Climan, wolvie3579, air23cnhit, Jestermon

A nearly perfect fig. BUT, he needs hoses or something to indicate a respirator/filter on the gas mask, otherwise what does it do exactly? Also, do the tanks store stench to shoot? A hose needs to go to the gun. Is it fresh air? A hose needs to go to the gas mask. The lack of logical hoses is my only gripe. I would have preferred Hordak feet, but not a huge deal. Still, I reaaaallly dig him.

I wasn't excited about this figure until now. As a child, "Skunk Man repaint of Mer Man" was one of those designs that drove me away from the line. But I like the character now! Admittedly, I would have preferred even more 200X influences specifically for this character, but I think we all got what were expecting. It's a good figure!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!