Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Stinkor Video Review by Pixel Dan

Love him!
    I noticed he has white disc shoulders, he looks a little odd with the arms raised but who cares? He's just perfect, I'm much more attached to vintage head but I admit that the 200x head looks cool, maybe a little strange without the gas mask, I don't know.. Right now the only figure that has received the '200x head upgrade' on my shelf was Moss-man (Mer-man doesn't count, I have three of him )

Great review Dan. I'm loving the modern head and back pack, just wish it had a few more paint details, like white on the dials.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

*sigh* I don't even know why I'm bringing this up...'cause people are gona freak, like usual. But if you look at the proto on page 2 and then take a look at your Skeletor (or anyone with the pronged forearms) you'll see that Stinkor's forearms are swapped - left for right and right for left. I thought they were just molded with the prongs inward, since these are new forearms, but when you take a look at the Fwoosh review (specifically at this picture) and hold up your Skeletor's left arm in that exact position, you can see that Stinkor's right forearm is clearly his left.

'Course his arms obviously still work the same or else someone would have noticed by now. Still, when you compare the arms in the pics to your own figures in hand, it's pretty clear that they're swapped.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

might be the first figure I do a little painting on, well the accessories, getting them metallic is easy enough, Tamiya makes some nice ones.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Heroic Warrior
    Is there a Snake Mountain Stands review on the way?

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    Is there a Snake Mountain Stands review on the way?
    Yep! Should be tonight!
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    Why not? He looks dumb without the tank and mask.]
    Gotta keep him vintage. I agree they are cool --- but I can't have 200X inspired elements in my display, It's against my religion.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post
    *sigh* I don't even know why I'm bringing this up...'cause people are gona freak, like usual. But if you look at the proto on page 2 and then take a look at your Skeletor (or anyone with the pronged forearms) you'll see that Stinkor's forearms are swapped - left for right and right for left. I thought they were just molded with the prongs inward, since these are new forearms, but when you take a look at the Fwoosh review (specifically at this picture) and hold up your Skeletor's left arm in that exact position, you can see that Stinkor's right forearm is clearly his left.

'Course his arms obviously still work the same or else someone would have noticed by now. Still, when you compare the arms in the pics to your own figures in hand, it's pretty clear that they're swapped.
    Unless the same issue is noticed in the video review, I wouldn't raise too many alarms yet. The prototype being an earlier model means it may have been caught and fixed before mass production.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yep! Should be tonight!
    YAY! Cool...

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx View Post

They are new for arms because of the furry Beast Man body. Fur detail has been added above the fins. But you are right the fin is angled inward rather then outward like Skeletor. I wonder if that was a design choice like Teela's bracers.

Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior
    On the contrary! Considering we have QC issues like this with every figure, We should address this to allow plenty of time to correct it if possible. TOYGURU.... where are you??? I know your out there.

Unbelievable that when an opportunity arrises to fix a problem, people are just like, "that's okay... just leave it the way it is --- I'll take anything you give me." And you all wonder why I'm the way I am.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    They are new for arms because of the furry Beast Man body. Fur detail has been added above the fins. But you are right the fin is angled inward rather then outward like Skeletor. I wonder if that was a design choice like Teela's bracers.
    Is there a forearm cut there where the glove meets the fur? It certainly looks like it in that picture...

I didn't get the impression that the forearms were at all backwards. I'll take a closer look tonight when I get home.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    On the contrary! Considering we have QC issues like this with every figure, We should address this to allow plenty of time to correct it if possible. TOYGURU.... where are you??? I know your out there.

Unbelievable that when an opportunity arrises to fix a problem, people are just like, "that's okay... just leave it the way it is --- I'll take anything you give me." And you all wonder why I'm the way I am.
    Stinkor comes out next month... even if this is a mistake (nobody knows at this point if it is or isn't) the figures are probably already assembled and being packaged to get here in time for May's sale. And if this is the design choice made, then there is nothing to correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I didn't get the impression that the forearms were at all backwards. I'll take a closer look tonight when I get home.
    Good point; better just to check. Not backwards though; just switched. Right for left and left for right. When I hold up my Skeletor's left arm to the pic above (looking at the inner part of his arm) the contours line up perfectly. The inner part of Skeletor's left arm is curved inward, and it looks like the outer part of Stinkor's right arm is also curved inward, making it his left.
    "Since you got here by not thinking, it seems reasonable to expect that, in order to get out, you must start thinking." ~ Tock, the Watchdog

Alexx has a blog?! Come on in and check out Toys and Tomfoolery! You won't regret it...until the next morning.

Quote Originally Posted by mjharwood View Post
    Is there a forearm cut there where the glove meets the fur? It certainly looks like it in that picture...
    I thought the same thing at first, but in one of the Fwoosh pictures it looks like there is a bit of paint that got onto the white part of the forearm so I think it's all one piece. Plus Pixel Dan didn't mention a forearm cut.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

confirmed, paint apps cut for costs

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...257#3921086257

I have to agree I would rather more parts then that metallic blue paint
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    confirmed, paint apps cut for costs

http://forums.mattycollector.com/eve...257#3921086257

I have to agree I would rather more parts then that metallic blue paint
    I figured that would be the case. I might to a little paint touch up on my Stinkor accessories, the metallic blue on the prototype really added to the look for figure.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Yeah, it makes sense. I do miss the highlights... but... I'm glad they made the decision that they did.

Heroic Warrior
    Yay stinkor! You reminded me of the great days of sniffing figures... *ahem*

Also, to Pixel Dan, way to go dealing with that lousy troll! Good ol' internet trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by RUNgZ View Post
    Yay stinkor! You reminded me of the great days of sniffing figures... *ahem*

Also, to Pixel Dan, way to go dealing with that lousy troll! Good ol' internet trolls.
    I assume you're talking about that dude on YouTube this morning? Yeah, it's common. There's always going to be some random guy on Youtube who tries to play the "You're a nerd!" card...like that's going to hurt my feelings.

I love that stuff. It's like, dude you're watching a video review of a toy! Isn't it all a given that we're all sort of nerdy and geeky on some level?

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Stinkor is perfect. He's evil, he smells and he has a ton of accessories. Personally I could do without the 200X stuff as it makes no particular sense to me but I'm glad for the people that do want it.

And Pickles Dan...you did it again. Those heroic emblem shirts mock the Evil Warriors. I understand you probably did these all in a row so I will forgive you...this time. But next time I may not be so forgiving...

"Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

Heroic Warrior
    Typical responce to the blue paint on the accessories question... basically he's saying "your lucky your getting these accessories, now you want them painted too?"

They should have cut the accessories altogether.