Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: MOTU Classics Stinkor Video Review by Pixel Dan

He looks great! I wish he'd had a bit of detail paint on the accessories, but overall I'm thrilled!
    I'm hoping for a Disco Skeletor for the next subscription exclusive! Fully flocked!

"I don't like to feel good! I like to feel EVIL!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCB View Post
    They should have cut the accessories altogether.
    I agree, even better we should just get pictures of the figures and nothing else.
    the ignore list is my new best friend

Stink or was always one of my very favorites when I was a kid. Very excited to get him. Like everyone else though some paint on the gun and backpack would have been nice. I understand keeping the shield blue to replicate the vintage shield.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

I prefer more accessoiries unpainted, than a few accessoiries that are painted.

I love this figure and all the extras!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Just checked on the forearms. There is no cut at the glove/fin line. The forearm, complete with the furry part, are all one solid piece. So it appears this is a newly tooled piece and is done by design, not an error.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Hate to say it, but looking at the pics on the Fwoosh, you can see the contours of the arms pretty clearly, and there is a decided curve in toward the center on the outside of the lower arm about halfway down as you head to the wrist, leaving a slight bulge above it toward the elbow, that should be on the inside of the arm. This curvature is very obvious on the Skeletor arms, where the bulge is indeed toward the body in a resting position. It looks like the figures sent out do indeed have switched forearms, sad to say. With the gauntlets and the fact that Stinkor isn't actually human, it's not a glaring mistake if it made it through to the final version. If it does, though, one has to ask why this particular mistake of left/right switches is such a recurring problem in the line...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Hate to say it, but looking at the pics on the Fwoosh, you can see the contours of the arms pretty clearly, and there is a decided curve in toward the center on the outside of the lower arm about halfway down as you head to the wrist, leaving a slight bulge above it toward the elbow, that should be on the inside of the arm. This curvature is very obvious on the Skeletor arms, where the bulge is indeed toward the body in a resting position. It looks like the figures sent out do indeed have switched forearms, sad to say. With the gauntlets and the fact that Stinkor isn't actually human, it's not a glaring mistake if it made it through to the final version. If it does, though, one has to ask why this particular mistake of left/right switches is such a recurring problem in the line...
    i dont see what you are seeing, they are one piece and if they were on backwards it would really odd, the spikes would be on the inside of the arm.

these are new pieces, so they will not look just like skellys forearms

Stinkor looks great. He, Fisto and Kobra Khan are just what classics is all about to me. The old and newer looks combined!

Great review Dan...as always! So were you frightened of Hippies as a child too? Maybe the association with the smell has some deep rooted Hippie trauma.

Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post
    i dont see what you are seeing, they are one piece and if they were on backwards it would really odd, the spikes would be on the inside of the arm.

After rewatching PD's video, it looks to me like they are switched. In all the other figures with fins, the fins point outward and towards the back of the figure. On Stinkor, they point inwards and to the back. It is hard to see in the video though, and a bit hard to conceptualize because it's not a glaring problem.

I guess I'm going to have to study them more closely when I get home tonight, as I only glanced real quick on my lunch break to see if they were all one solid piece.

Awesome review, Dan!!!
    This was one of your best - it was awesome hearing the story about your childhood fear .

This is a wonderful figure. The complaints about the MYP head are kind of unfair. I think it's one of the best sculpted heads in the line.

Starting to wonder it whoever reviews the samples might be dyslexic... And that isn't a mean comment. A lot of people are. It just might be true this has happened too often. It's also interesting that Scott makes so many spelling errors in his statements (dyslexics do that too... My mom is dyslexic - it doesn't mean you aren't intelligent, it just means you're wired differently than most people). Just a thought... And, again, I emphatically reassert that I'm not suggesting this to be mean.
    A Want List of Sorts: Angella, Sssqueeze, Blast Attack, Multi-Bot, Peekablue, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

I went ahead and touched base with Scott on this potential issue, and asked him if he could check into it. He got back to me right away and said he hadn't noticed, and was going to cehck with design to see if he can find out.

I'll keep you guys posted on what I hear from Scott and what I figure out when taking a closer look at the figure when I get home.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I went ahead and touched base with Scott on this potential issue, and asked him if he could check into it. He got back to me right away and said he hadn't noticed, and was going to cehck with design to see if he can find out.

I'll keep you guys posted on what I hear from Scott and what I figure out when taking a closer look at the figure when I get home.
    Thanks for contacting Scott on this Dan. I really hope he can get answer quick and if the forearms are in fact reversed please let there be time to fix it.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Heroic Warrior Orko's Magic Hat's Avatar
    Great review PD, I am so psyched for Stinky Face!
    MOTUC WISHLIST- Karg ~ Crita ~ Despara ~ Fang-Or ~ Kittrina ~ Darius ~ Veena ~ Lodar ~ Hunga The Harpy ~ Great Black Wizard ~ Staghorn ~ Lady Slither ~ Artilla ~ Ra-Jarr ~ Major Header ~ Vultak ~ Evilseed ~ Prahvus ~ Queen Andreeno ~ Crimson Fury ~ Kex Queen ~ Hawke ~ Red Beast ~ Angast ~ Delora ~ Quakke ~ Lord Masque ~ Lizzor ~ Zilora ~ Three-Beast ~ Robowoman ~ Bubblor ~ Sagitar

The 200x head is awesome.

As a kid, I saw the Mer-Man head as a rip. Still do.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Looking at this pic from fwoosh

I can see where its going inward and not outward like shellys, but it still doesnt look "wrong" to me

I would have never looked at that and thought "hmm thats the wrong forearm"

Sweet review as always!
    Mike Jr. 1983-2008 the void left will never be filled. Rest in Peace Brother.
    Sgt Weigand

eBay Feedback

" Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elswhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us."
    --Calvin and Hobbes

Pixel Dan please make your video player available to iPhone users!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I assume you're talking about that dude on YouTube this morning? Yeah, it's common. There's always going to be some random guy on Youtube who tries to play the "You're a nerd!" card...like that's going to hurt my feelings.

If loving MOTU makes me a nerd then I don't want to be cool!

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by fball13z View Post

In your second post, your seeing exactly what I'm talking about.

We're talking basic anatomy here, which has been consistent whoever's arm we're looking at; I only used Skeletor's forearms as an example as they show what I'm talking about the best (no wristbands makes it easier to see the full flow of the musculature). Put you arm in the that posiition, turn the hand so the back is away from the body (neutral pose for an action figure). You will notice that that the bulge of the muscle on the outside of the arm looks different than the one on the inside. On the outside the curve is a bit smoother all the way down, as opposed to the inside where it curves more sharply inward and then goes almost straight to the wrist. The biggest part of the bulge on the outside is usually a bit lower on the forearm than on the inside, as well. It's not as easy to see with the "gloves" Stinky wears, but that sharper curve inward I mentioned is there, and it's on the outside of the forearm, not the inside. It definitely looks like the forearms are on the wrong side. I seriously doubt the Fab Four intended them that way, as they could doubtless explain the specific musculature and look of the arm far better than I right of the top of their heads.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    Does it not work on YouTube or Blip on your iPhone? Unfortunately I don't have any control over that. It depends on the compatibility of the player from either YouTube or Blip. As far as I know, both should work with iPhones, but I could be wrong.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; April 16, 2012 at 05:00pm.

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by demiscy View Post
    it is on blip tv - works perfectly

On the forearm issue: I just heard back from Scott. This is what he found out:

"I checked with design and it actually was not a mistake but a deliberate way to differentiate Stinkor due to the heavy use of shared parts. Design discussed as a team and found that you could swap the gloves to create a slightly different look. They wanted to give Stinkor something extra since he is basically Mer-Man’s head on Beastman’s body and Mekaneck’s armor (even though we haven’t done Mek yet but you know what I mean!~). Much like painting Sorceress’ wings blue this was one way of making the toy pop a bit and be different on shelf. For reference, we also did this on BG Evil Lynn to much success!"

So official word from Mattel is that this was intentional.
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; April 16, 2012 at 05:06pm.

Australian MOTU Fanatic! Aussie Stinkor's Avatar
    Craving that nostalgic moment for when stinkor arrives down under!!!

ordering an extra 2 as he is my fav figure of all time... I remember getting the news in the first hour of power-con!

one extra box for 'locking in the smell' for the future!!!