Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: May Sub Charge ALREADY or just Unsubmitted Order?

May Sub Charge ALREADY or just Unsubmitted Order?

As usual, DR is out of control & I'm already showing a charge for May's sub MOTU figures TODAY.

Product Name Qty
    Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Slushhead Figure

Boxed Shipment

Stinkor

Boxed Shipment

Masters of the UniverseŽ 30th Anniversary Series 2012 Subscription - Mighty Spector Figure

Boxed Shipment

4/15/2012 Order Unsubmitted $134.65

Check your order status as you may be not so pleasantly surprised when you see a hold charge.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

Not me.

DR must just hate you.

Nothing here, they may be just setting something up for next month and trying to fix the glitches???

Weird. I just checked my order history, and I have an unsubmitted order for June. It lists Slushhead, Stinkor, and Green Lion/Pidge.
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Sorry to sound dumb, but are you seeing this on the matty page or on your online bank system or both?
    Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

Matty page under unsubmitted orders, I'm sure it will hit the bank account tomorrow & then disappear a day or 2 later.
    Check out my MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ART & More at my ART BLOG!!!

JafariStew's ART BLOG!! UPDATED 11.2.14!!

MOTUC RECORD

MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE ORIGIN ART CARDS PART 4!!

"Revenge is like JAFARI STEW, it tastes best served cold..." ~SKELETOR (the Beginning part 2)

I have the same thing. I also have similar things for nearly every single order this year and no charges ever appear on my account. I think this is just something the system does now, maybe to make sure everything goes through correctly before it is actually activated or something.
    Attachment 75121

Heroic Warrior
    Maybe they'll ship your Spector figure early... luck you.

I just checked mine, and there is nothing out of the ordinary. I hope it was only a glitch and nothing more to it...
    Epic Metal music rocks the universe.

Both my matty page and my credit card account are showing me being charged for half of what I have coming in May (Mighty Spector & the Green Voltron Lion). I'm irritated they are already hitting me with authorization charges a month ahead of time but its not the first time they've done this.

I'm more concerned that my order renewal doesn't include Slushhead but I suppose I shouldn't be surprised. Matty has screwed up every single month this year for me. From shipping wrong figures, to not shipping anything at all (yet still charging me me), mixing orders up to include thigns that won't come out for over a month, to charging me for the wrong stuff. I'm really not sure how many more of Digital Rivers mistakes I can tolerate but I feel like I'm about at my limit. If this was ANY other toy line I would have cancelled my credit card associated with my subscription and bailed on this whole fiasco long ago.

I'd like to know what happened to make DR fail so spectacularly for me this year. Sure I've had a few issues with them in the past, but nothing to the level they have been treating my orders with this year, and never so consistently.

Heroic Warrior
    Really people? Stop freaking out over EVERY little thing...

This whole year we've had those unsubmitted orders showing up for the month following the upcoming sale... I've been watching the site all year and none of these early setup orders have authorized before the normal time.

I'm starting to think one of the reasons I don't have a heart attack over this line all the time is that I'm not looking for trouble where there hasn't been trouble. As they continue to work on improving how sales are handled for subscribers, there will be some things showing up while they try to find the new norm... What if these unsubmitted orders are one of the ways they may be able to set stuff up for day-of orders to be combined with sub orders? For example, a day-of sale entry could ask for your order # for the month's subscription shipment...

By the way, this month's order sat unsubmitted in my history up until the appropriate time (April 11th) when it changed to submitted, and THAT is when it hit my bank for authorization. An unsubmitted order won't hit your card until it's submitted. The only way I can see one of these unsubmitted orders "triggering" early is if someone is crazy enough to go in and tries to submit it themselves (and I don't know why anyone would try that, but whatever).

Merry Christmas Everyone! MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    I just looked and have the UNSUBMITTED or at the bottom also, but I wouldn't worry too much. They have been doing this all year.
    In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
    Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
    Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
    In the bleak midwinter, long ago...
    ...a stable place sufficed.

What can I give Him, poor as I am?
    If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
    If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
    Yet what can I give Him?....[I can] give my heart.

Heroic Warrior
    And the debacle goes on...

Quote Originally Posted by Prahvus View Post
    And the debacle goes on...
    Its not a debacle, they have been doing unsubmitted orders every month since they started this new sub. I have yet to actually see one of them turn into a charge

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I just looked and have the UNSUBMITTED or at the bottom also, but I wouldn't worry too much. They have been doing this all year.
    Exactly this

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Matty page under unsubmitted orders, I'm sure it will hit the bank account tomorrow & then disappear a day or 2 later.
    If that was the case I would have a boatload of hold charges Unless it says IN PROCESS it is not headed to the CC
    Last edited by markatisu; April 16, 2012 at 10:13am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    Its not a debacle, they have been doing unsubmitted orders every month since they started this new sub. I have yet to actually see one of them turn into a charge
    I think the problem here is that with all the problems of late; people are getting nervous and understandably so. This year we've seen orders not materialise, schedules be screwed up and refunds be partially given. People are understandably nervous about the "what if" factor at play here. That's the problem with when trust is destroyed - it's destroyed completely with everything, as is peoples' confidence with the company they're dealing with.

Quote Originally Posted by JafariStew View Post
    Sorry but NO! Unsubmitted orders are just that Unsubmitted. DR is setting the order up for next month on their end then your unsubmitted order will turn into an order in process in May and they can not charge your credit card with an unsubmitted order. I have lots of unsubmitted orders and was never charged for any of them untill each one became an order in process for the month is was set up for after the sub renewal email.

Order Status: Order Unsubmitted

Product Name Qty

Club EterniaŽ 2012 Subscription - Slushhead Figure
    Boxed Shipment

Stinkor
    Boxed Shipment

Masters of the UniverseŽ 30th Anniversary Series 2012 Subscription - Mighty Spector Figure
    Boxed Shipment

Subscription Details

This order will be shipped after the release date of 5/11/2012 for Masters of the UniverseŽ 30th Anniversary Series 2012 Subscription - Mighty Spector Figure.
    Last edited by mjw41; April 16, 2012 at 10:56am.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    mjharwood & Markatisu: I think you guys both missed this from your "don't worry, be happy" responses :

Quote Originally Posted by chaosMonkeyPoo View Post
    Both my matty page and my credit card account are showing me being charged for half of what I have coming in May (Mighty Spector & the Green Voltron Lion). I'm irritated they are already hitting me with authorization charges a month ahead of time but its not the first time they've done this.
    This wasn't just a case of an unsubmitted order popping up on the Matty pages; this was something that showed up as a pre-authorization a month early. A lot of folks here on the boards have stated they keep the money on their cards for expected purchases and not much over (which is actually wise from the perspective of preventing a pile of fraudulent charges if the card is compromised). To have an unexpected charge like this suddenly pop up for no apparent reason can wreak some havoc with a person's account under the above circumstances, and I can see no reason for this other than DR's usual inability to do anything right.

An unsubmitted order on your Matty account page might not be a problem in and of itself, but it becomes one if it goes through on your card way before you have any reason to expect it to.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

But so far only one person is reporting that. And it's not even for the right amount that should be charged.

Chaosmonkeypoo, are you certain it's not a charge for something else?

I don't think anyone is saying that it couldn't be a mess up. Let's just see if it becomes an actual problem. I don't think CMP is lying by any means, it's just easy to look at your bank account and get confused about a charge. I've done this very thing before with my account. And if it is an actual charge and he's the only one, then that's not an epidemic either.

All we can do now is look at the past... and the truth is this has happened every month without any issues. I think the takeaway is to be alert but don't freak out until it actually happens.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    mjharwood & Markatisu: I think you guys both missed this from your "don't worry, be happy" responses :
    Just fyi I have the same thing as Jafaristew in my Unsubmitted Orders and there is no $100+ charge on any of my Matty cards

So I am not exactly just trying to bring sunshine and smiles to everyone, I have the exact same thing showing but choose to use my 3 years of buying experience from Matty to determine if its something to be upset about
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Does anyone else's unsubmitted order say the figures are to be releases in June and not May? Am I the only one?
    "Skeletor to King Randor...Skeletor to King Randor. Come in, you royal boob!"

Mine says 5/11 on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slayor View Post
    Does anyone else's unsubmitted order say the figures are to be releases in June and not May? Am I the only one?
    Mine says 5/11, some people had Kobra Kahn unsubmitted back in Jan so there is precedence for that happening.

Not sure why they are doing unsubmitted on almost a monthly basis now, I have theorized they always have but when they went to the new CC and Subscription system (the one we currently dont have access to manage) we are seeing things that were hidden before

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    So I am not exactly just trying to bring sunshine and smiles to everyone, I have the exact same thing showing but choose to use my 3 years of buying experience from Matty to determine if its something to be upset about
    Different perspectives; I'd be using my last six months of experiences with Matty, and would probably be panicking as a result...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    Not sure why they are doing unsubmitted on almost a monthly basis now
    It's what I've suspected in light of Digital River's recent gagging of customers where they're able to- that they've started hemorrhaging subs with people changing and cancelling credit card details over the trainwreck of service this year.

After all, why lock in payments a month or 2 months ahead unless you're concerned that said subscriptions simply aren't going to be there by then.

It's ironic- they seem to be trying to do everything but fix the problem and in doing so; it's only going to alienate people who are less than happy with the 2012 sub even further.

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Different perspectives; I'd be using my last six months of experiences with Matty, and would probably be panicking as a result...
    Yeah but you are the exception not the rule, if I had happen to me what happened to you I would be in the exact same frame of mind. But I am not