Thread: Question about shipping in the US

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar

Question about shipping in the US

I was wondering if someone could help me. I've been collecting MOTUC since the start of the line. I found someone living in Philadelphia who has been so kind to provide me with figures for 4,5 years now. He has 1 sub for himself and 3 or 4 for other people, including my sub. Now I've never seen an invoice from Mattycollector. And I read so many different things about combined shipping on this forum over the years, but I always pay shipping costs for each figur/oversized. Here are a few examples:

September 2012:
    $27,- Mekaneck ($20,- for figure + $7,- shipping to his home)
    $27,- DB Skeletor

October 2012:
    $27,- Frosta
    $27,- Rattlor
    $18,- for The Great Unrest Weapons Pak (Non-Sub) + $11,- shipping to his house + One week later: Extra $8,- because Mattel shipped seperate

Didn't I already pay $11,- to ship it seperate?

November 2012:
    $27,- Dekker
    $27,- EP King Randor

December 2012:
    $27,- Mosquitor
    $49,- Procrustus
    $85,- Granamyr (Non-Sub)

January 2013:
    Netossa

etc.

I get that Garanmyr would be shipped seperate because he was not cluded in the sub that month, but wouldn't Mosquitor and Procustus be sent in a combined shipment from Mattel for less than $16,-?

I noticed this thread by davidlogan the other day and that confuses me even more.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is he pays $16,85 for shipping 2 subs to him. So if he had 1 sub it would be around $8,42, figures from one sub combined. So then why do I pay $7,- for each figure? Why if there's 2 monthly sub figures I pay $14,- to ship it to his house and davidlogan has everything combined?

I might see it completely wrong, but I would really like to understand. I asked him before about the shipping costs and didn't get an answer on it. I've done it again last week, but he ignored all my questions again. But the strange thing is I only have to pay $107,- for Karatti and the FFM 3-Pack this month. So combined shipping is $7,-. Now that seems correct to me.

So why did I pay $14 for EP King Randor and Dekker (and so many other figures), and now I pay only $7,- for shipping 4 figures? Have I been paying too much for 4,5 years!!!!? Or am I not seeing something? I really hope someone can help me.

Thanks!
    Last edited by -= SupernovA =-; May 25, 2013 at 06:54pm.

Is it possible that the 2012 subs were ordered seperate? If so, they wouldn't have been combined. Also there are a few shipping options available (USPS, UPS etc...) and shipping price varies between them.

I paid $8.20 shipping for FFM/Karatti by the cheaper shipping (that price includes the $4 discount and the $1.15 refund they sent me)

Though all sub items (within the same sub eg Ram Man/Jitsu in February) ship together and DO NOT ship seperate. Hope this helps!
    8 figures I still need: 8/Perfuma (for completeness of POP ONLY!), 7/Filmation Tung Lashor, 6/Saurod, 5/Sprag, Sprocker and Spritina, 4/Peekablue, 3/Hunga the Harpy, 2/Filmation Clawful, 1/Dylamug.

I'm not sure I understand your question. Who ignored you?
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

A short story of monsters and magic!

Quote Originally Posted by -= SupernovA =- View Post
    I was wondering if someone could help me. I've been collecting MOTUC since the start of the line. I found someone living in Philadelphia who has been so kind to provide me with figures for 4,5 years now. He has 1 sub for himself and 3 or 4 for other people, including my sub. Now I've never seen an invoice from Mattycollector. And I read so many different things about combined shipping on this forum over the years, but I always pay shipping costs for each figur/oversized. Here are a few examples:

September 2012:
    $27,- Mekaneck ($20,- for figure + $7,- shipping to his home)
    $27,- DB Skeletor

October 2012:
    $27,- Frosta
    $27,- Rattlor
    $18,- for The Great Unrest Weapons Pak (Non-Sub) + $11,- shipping to his house + One week later: Extra $8,- because Mattel shipped seperate

Didn't I already pay $11,- to ship it seperate?

November 2012:
    $27,- Dekker
    $27,- EP King Randor

December 2012:
    $27,- Mosquitor
    $49,- Procrustus
    $85,- Granamyr (Non-Sub)

January 2013:
    Netossa

etc.

I get that Garanmyr would be shipped seperate because he was not cluded in the sub that month, but wouldn't Mosquitor and Procustus be sent in a combined shipment from Mattel for less than $16,-?

I noticed this thread by davidlogan the other day and that confuses me even more.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...PPINGLIES2.jpg

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the way I see it is he pays $16,85 for shipping 2 subs to him. So if he had 1 sub it would be around $8,42, figures from one sub combined. So then why do I pay $7,- for each figure? Why if there's 2 monthly sub figures I pay $14,- to ship it to his house and davidlogan has everything combined?

I might see it completely wrong, but I would really like to understand. I asked him before about the shipping costs and didn't get an answer on it. I've done it again last week, but he ignored all my questions again. But the strange thing is I only have to pay $107,- for Karatti and the FFM 3-Pack this month. So combined shipping is $7,-. Now that seems correct to me.

So why did I pay $14 for EP King Randor and Dekker (and so many other figures), and now I pay only $7,- for shipping 4 figures? Have I been paying too much for 4,5 years!!!!? Or am I not seeing something? I really hope someone can help me.

Thanks!
    First off, the May figures should have shown a lower amount than usual, he would have paid around $20 normally....but you always get a lower price with more figures than you would with buying them one at a time with separate shipping @ USPS...9.90 per figure.

My shipping for this month ended up being like $7 with the discount & a refund for one set of this months guys. But I don't get what you are asking about the 2012 figures....

The figures were $20 in sub, plus $8.70 for each figure....$11.75 or something for 2....

Now, if he has 3 or 4 subs like you said....and they were combined....then he paid less per sub shipping then having 3 or 4 subs uncombined. Then being able to pass on the savings to you.

If that's not somewhat what you were asking....color me confused....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I'm not sure I understand your question. Who ignored you?
    Apparently you....not sure, it's kind of confusing what he's actually asking....
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Well, I don't know the answer and this all looks very complicated. I also don't know your arrangement with him, but it seems to me that he may or may not be including a small handling fee for himself. That's NOT the worst thing in the world if he's liable for the subs and has to take the time to forward them on to you and risk they could get damaged before you get them.

Yes, shipping is less when you have multiple items shipped together. But maybe a very small fee between when he gets them and sends them on is reasonable?

Ready for POP Mini-Sub! -= SupernovA =-'s Avatar
    Sorry if my question wasn't clear. English is not my first language. But thank you very much guys. I think I understand now.

Without the discount (which made it even more confusing) this month combined shipping for Karratti and the FFM would be around $20,-. Which look normal to me, because he always charges $7,- for a normal figure and about $12,- to $14,- for an oversized/beast or weapons pack. If it was a monthly and a quarterly figure it would be 2x $32,-. This way my seller always tells me makes it seem to me that each figure is sent seperately, but he could also say it's $50,- plus $14,- for combined shipping of the 2. I thought that it should be $7,- combined. so it has been correct all along, give or take a few dollars. That's no problem and that was not why I asked. My main concern was if I had been paying shipping costs for each figure seperately, basically paying double, but I now know that's not the case, they are combined within 1 sub and shipping just is around $14,- for 2 figures, not $7,-.

Thanks again!

Well, I know shipping Karatti to California cost me $8....and a single figure from Matty would cost me $34.90 so to break even I would have to charge $43. Shipping overseas would cost me more....so I think you're getting a good deal.