Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Masters COMIC Cast - Podcast about 2012 MOTU Comics

Robots and Monsters! TrimmTrabb's Avatar
    Well done, guys! Can't wait to hear more!

Enjoyed listening to the discussion. Thanks!
    I have one small suggestion: The recording was encoded at pretty high bit and sample rates for speech. You guys can greatly reduce the size of the file, with little or no noticeable loss of quality, by adjusting those encoding settings. I think 32khz mono @ 48kbps may be a good place to start experimenting with.
    Last edited by tim; April 19, 2012 at 01:58pm.

Heroic Warrior AlternativeMindz's Avatar

sound file

Thanks, i always have my podcasts that i host at the highest bit rate due to the fact that i can tell a difference. I might drop it to 128bit "cd quality" but i really wouldn't want lower than that. Being that when it's recorded i have to adjust everybody's audio separate. remeber it's not a simple record than output . I use soundbooth and a Few other programs to keep it as best as i can. I hope the rate didn't mess ya up and will keep it in mind for future casts
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

I had no problems with the file at all. It was just a suggestion after I noticed the audio parameters. Definitely go with what works best for you. If the higher rates sound noticeably better then certainly stick with them.

Thanks and i will still mess with the file size
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    Good podcast. Nice to hear Joe too, I only know him from online communications. Good to put a voice to the typing.

I'm very excited about the DC 6-part mini-series comics. It's kind of funny though, because the story is pretty similar to Filmation's She-Ra: Princess of Power. The Evil Horde has taken over the entire planet (like Skeletor) and the Rebellion lives in the forest (Adam is a woodsman).

It's more similar to some other media though...like the Jackie Chan Adventures cartoon. The demon uses this book to re-write history and his demon brothers and sister rule the world. Jackie Chan and his relatives are turned into servants for him. In MOTU, Eldor's Book of Living Spells has the capability of re-writing history too. The most current, and popular, TV show that this makes me think of is ABC's "Once Upon a Time." The Evil Queen casts a spell that takes all of the fairy tale characters and makes them into normal people in the town of Storybrook. The Evil Queen in the Mayor in control of everything and she has taken away all their happy endings.

So...it's not an entirely new concept, but I'm still excited for it! I hope the writing is good and when Adam inevitably remembers who he was, I hope we at least see a flashback/memory shot with She-Ra. I think that would be fair because she's his sister and they're kind of borrowing her story a bit.

My fear is that if this becomes popular and becomes a regular series...when everyone "remembers" who they were...it will be the MOTUC canon. The only parts of the MOTUC canon I can't stand:

- Teela as a clone. Worst part of MOTU history...and they bring it back.
    - Sword of Protection is a clone. WHY with all the cloning? He-Ro's jewel should be fastened to a sword...or just take the story from "The Third Sword" which shows the Ancients fasten 2 swords...and the evil Ancient made the third, evil sword.
    - Death of the Sorceress. This was one of the only reasons people were happy the MYP cartoon didn't continue. Fans were very upset about this...it was very controversial. I can't believe they put this in the bios...before her figure came out too!
    - New Adventures of He-Man...NOT being in the future. That was it's whole gimmick and a lot of people believed Primus was Eternia in the future. Not a fan that He-Man is not allowed to time travel, but The Mighty Spector can...
    - Evil-Lyn loosing her powers to be a mommy. She was the main female villain! If they want to make her turn good...that's okay, I guess. I could potentially see that happening one day...but stripping her of her powers is a bit much. It seems like all the women are losing their powers or dying in the MOTUC canon.
    - Sword of He. When the 200X toys and cartoon came around, kids thought "He-Man" sounded lame. How lame does "Sword of He" sound. 1000 times lamer. Power Sword and Sword of Protection, those are cool. Keep those.
    - Real Names. They sound like you're trying too hard to be George Lucas.
    - Making everything Green Lantern. We know you like Green Lantern, Toyguru. That's okay. Green Lantern is pretty cool. Please don't inject Green Lantern into MOTUC though through Orko, for example. Trolla is not Oa, He-Ro is not Hal Jordan, etc.

Other than that, I'm okay with the bios (for the most part).
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

Good points there Darkspecter. You sound like me! And I am crossing my fingers so hard that the new DC comics "Do Not Use the MOTUC bios/names/canon!"

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    - Teela as a clone. Worst part of MOTU history...and they bring it back.
    I think TG should have worded it another way other than using the word "clone". Perhaps he was counting on the idea being so old-school and from the original mini-comics, that it wouldn't be challenged by fans so much. Besides, Teela being Fisto and the Sorceress' daughter is worse than Teela being a stolen part of the Sorceress' lifeforce.

- New Adventures of He-Man...NOT being in the future. That was it's whole gimmick and a lot of people believed Primus was Eternia in the future. Not a fan that He-Man is not allowed to time travel, but The Mighty Spector can...
    I think putting He-Man and Skeletor in a sci-fi environment was New Adventures gimmick, moreso than the whole future bit. I don't mind them doing away with it because we've never seen any direct references that He-Man is even in the future. No ruins of landmarks that we know of, no references of MOTU events, places or characters by the Mutants or the people of Primus, no graves or tombs of long dead characters. He-Man might as well have gone to Phantos or one of his Filmation space adventures.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Really enjoyed this guys. When you first posted it thought wow are they really going to be able to talk about comics that aren't even released yet for 1h 45mins, but but you managed it without it dragging at all.

I really do hope the DC comic is a separate canon and doesn't follow the MOTUC canon but obviously they are some constants across all canons.

You briefly mentioned The Overlords of Trolla, this is one of the major errors in the MOTUC canon IMO. In the vintage and 200x canons they were The Overlords of the Eternal Dimension and making them Trollan's in MOTUC was a terrible idea IMO and if the Overloads are used in the new DC comic i really hope they're not Trollans.
    MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

i dislike trollans

So i agree and thanks for listening
    www.alternativemindz.com

Abstract the Perspective

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    Good podcast. Nice to hear Joe too, I only know him from online communications. Good to put a voice to the typing.
    Now to only add a photo of his face to match the typing and voice.

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Really enjoyed this guys. When you first posted it thought wow are they really going to be able to talk about comics that aren't even released yet for 1h 45mins, but but you managed it without it dragging at all.
    Much appreciated! I think it's great to have on record some expectations in a time when we don't know all that much. So when the issues come out the reactions will be priceless.

Heroic Classics Warrior Gerrit127's Avatar
    Can anyone tell me if there is a thread about the new Mini Comic please ? I searched but can't find anything

Quote Originally Posted by Gerrit127 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there is a thread about the new Mini Comic please ? I searched but can't find anything
    Here's one:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...cussion-Thread

There were a couple of pre-release ones as well:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?212868
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...ead.php?212656
    Last edited by 13977; April 25, 2012 at 11:07am.

Wanted:

Episode 02

masters_comic_cast_ep-02.png

Welcome to episode 02 of Masters Comic Cast! The monthly podcast about all the Masters of the Universe comics in 2012!

Topics discussed:
    • MOTU mini-comic POG - part 1
    • Recent DC Comics cover-artworks
    • DC Comics concept artwork for He-Man, Skeletor and the Sorceress by Philip Tan

**Special guest "Pixel Dan" Eardley joins in with his thoughts about the new mini-comic!

"Powers of Grayskull - Part 1, The Legend Begins!" -- The very first mini-comic set in the new Masters of the Universe Classics continuity is heavy with exposition and the guys discuss how well it sets up the reader for this adventure as well as compare it to the original mini-comic!

Enjoy the show!

Direct link to Episode 02 [mp3-file]

Duration: 1h 53min

iTunes link

Great, looking forward to listening to this, but might not get chance until Monday.
    I've been meaning to send you guys an email in, think I'll hold off until I've listened to this episode now.

Wanted:

Quote Originally Posted by 13977 View Post
    Great, looking forward to listening to this, but might not get chance until Monday.
    I've been meaning to send you guys an email in, think I'll hold off until I've listened to this episode now.
    Sounds great! We'd love to hear from you!

Awesome; thanks! Downloading now. Can't wait to listen.
    Say cheese!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Hope you enjoy it! And we look forward to hearing your feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Daddy View Post
    Like Joe said; send your feedback when you are done!

Downloading it now! I will listen to it tonight!

Thanks for your time guys...
    Sale/Trade//Feedback//MOTU Customs// MOTUC Albums//MOTU Fans Puerto Rico Chapter

I got lazy...So here is a link to my NON MOTU Collection!
    Collection and NON MOTU Customs

XBOX ONE Gamertag: Avenger12PR
    PSN: Avenger12PR

Quote Originally Posted by He Man 12 View Post
    Downloading it now! I will listen to it tonight!

Thanks for your time guys...
    Thanks for downloading it, and be sure to let us know what you think. We would love to hear any of your comments or questions.

Thank You!

Very entertaining episodes. I must to admit I started to listening these because RGD's are late
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    Episode 02
    Hot diggity donuts!!!

Episode 03

This time the gang are discussing Fan Mail and are down one co-host with Jukka not being able to keep the peace.

Will chaos prevail?

Direct link to Episode 03 - Fan Mail [mp3-file]

Duration: 50min

This was a very fun episode, and we loved replying to fan questions. If you guys have more questions or comments let us know and we will discuss them in a future episode.