Thread: Spydor MIB Question

Spydor MIB Question

Hello All,

I have acquired a "MIB" Spydor from one of my friends. Does anyone else here have this particular toy? I am wondering how it is packed originally. Mine is sealed in the box but its just loose inside the box rolling around, or at least I am assuming it is Spydor, it seems to me that someone may have put whatever in the box, glued it shut and sold it as a MIB. This may be normal, I can't remember how these things were packed, I was more interested in playing at the time.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

I might be mistaken, but I believe that the the box should have cardboard inserts, like this one:
    http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_TRyAdj3QaX...-h/spydor2.jpg

Sounds odd that the toy would be sliding around in the box, since I believe that Spydors black "leg stumps" should be wedged into the holes in the cardboard, which would prevent the toy from moving at all.

Thanks for the picture. There is no way mine is packed like that, it slides all over the place in the box. What do you think, should I open it and see what's really in there?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Court Magician
    Hi,

I have a MISB Spydor (EU version) and I also have the same "issue" of something being 'loose' in the box.
    A fellow collector how lives down the street has also the same "issue".

I'm not gonna open it

Heroic Warrior
    Most likely one of the legs is loose from the packaging.

Like Madison Carter said, perhaps it's just a leg that has come loose from the packaging?
    If the Spydor is MISB I'd be reluctant to open it, but if I could find clear evidence that the box has been tampered with (i.e opened and then re-sealed), I'd open it. If not, I'd probably leave it be. But, I have to admit that it sounds really weird that the toy is sliding around like that...

Does anyone know if all Spydor's were packed the same way?

Well, I've decided to leave it alone. There are no signs that the box has ever been opened, it is a very nice box. A leg or two could very well be loose and sliding around I guess, hard to tell.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app