Thread: Tale of Teela Mini Comic Question

Tale of Teela Mini Comic Question

Has anyone seen or maybe even have a hard card stock cover of the Tale of Teela Mini? Do they exist?

I know the one before and a couple after that one have hard card stock covers, but any thoughts on hers?

Widget
    Well, first post here so here goes.

I picked up this hard cover Tale of Teela a few months back. I noticed the hard stock cover at the time before I put it away...I dug it up to take a picture and noticed a few differences if the pictures on this link are correct and its the soft cover version:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=1443

Teela1.jpg
    Teela2.jpg
    Teela3.jpg

The back is marked Taiwan and if the other Tale of Teela link is correct, does not have the DC Comics or Power Devils ad in it. Also the pink centerfold ad is different (with the first 12 figures mixed up rather than one page of warriors and the other of villains)

Very cool to see, TheWise. Thank you for sharing it out. Oh, and Welcome to the org!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWise View Post
    Well, first post here so here goes.

I picked up this hard cover Tale of Teela a few months back. I noticed the hard stock cover at the time before I put it away...I dug it up to take a picture and noticed a few differences if the pictures on this link are correct and its the soft cover version:
    http://www.he-man.org/publishing/item.php?id=1443

The back is marked Taiwan and if the other Tale of Teela link is correct, does not have the DC Comics or Power Devils ad in it. Also the pink centerfold ad is different (with the first 12 figures mixed up rather than one page of warriors and the other of villains)
    Quite a few of the second wave mini-comics have the alternate layout (I personally call it the "jumbled up" layout, as it is not so ordered or in line). I have have both hard and soft stock covers with the (presumably earlier) jumbled center layout.
    Both of my examples of "The Tale of Teela" are the soft paper stock covers; I've collected minis for many years and know the harder stock TOT cover does exist but it seems to be very scarce (on an already uncommon mini-comic).
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Thanks for the details, Spacedust. Im on the hunt for the hard stock version. Keep me in mind if you come across one.