Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Countdown to Mighty Spector, Snake Mountain Stands, Slushhead and Stinkor

Countdown to Mighty Spector, Snake Mountain Stands, Slushhead and Stinkor

This used to be a regular thread started by Staff of Ka. They were a great place to chat in the lead up to the sale of a particular figure and I figured I would start them up again. Hopefully there will not be any new issues like a QC issue or a delay issue that makes this thread redundant like it did for my Kobra Khan Countdown thread

There are some great figures coming up (and some not so great) and I am pretty excited and can't wait.

The next sale is for my Birthday Month figures, Mighty Spector, Slushhead, Stinkor and the Snake Mountain Stands. This is the moment of truth for Spector, will he sell after all of the hoohah surrounding him?
    The subscribers get a night off unless they want to fight it out with the day of sale buyers for an extra figure or unless they want the Snake Mountain Stands. Good luck to all

This link will let you know the time of release.
    Matty Sale Timezone - 12 noon ET

The countdown threads are for us all to talk about the excitement we feel in the lead up to the release of each figure, and a great place to be in the last few hours for moral support!

Countdown threads close as soon as the figure in Question is released On MattyCollector.com.

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Sssssssssssssssssssssss.....

S-PECTOR
    S-LUSHHEAD
    S-TINKOR
    S-NAKE MOUNTAIN STANDS

Lot's of SSSSSS'S for SSSSubscriberSSSS !!!

HOORAY!!!!
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Wow-I forgot that all that goodness was coming next month! That's incredibly cool-I'm super stoked for all that stuff!!!

(Yep-one of the few Proud Spector Fans here!)

I'll only be getting one set of SM Stands- I just sold all but one set of my Grayskull stands. I just never really used them.

Next month is going to be SUPER!!!!!!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post
    Sssssssssssssssssssssss.....

S-PECTOR
    S-LUSHHEAD
    S-TINKOR
    S-NAKE MOUNTAIN STANDS

Lot's of SSSSSS'S for SSSSubscriberSSSS !!!

HOORAY!!!!
    And cherry-pickerSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

Heroic Photog Supporter musclor's Avatar
    Looking forward to all three....
    Photog is here! thank you, Mattel!

Now how about some mini-comics love (like Lodar, Geldor, Dakon......)? And Mermista?

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    Also looking forward to all three figures, but Slush head is the real standout for me this month.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Stinkor and Slushhead...yes!

I got no use for Spector and the Snake Mountain stands...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

HAAAAAAAAAPPYYYYYYYY..... Prince Adam's Dad's Avatar
    Spector will sell out faster than Draego-Man has, and we will have to hear all the "I told you so's".

Oh, the joys of not having to reveal production numbers.
    Got Man-E-Faces, Give 'em Whiplash when I Battle-Cats

Next month is going to be great! Stinkor looks amazing and I can't wait to get him. Slushhead looks really cool as well and despite not being a NA fan, I'm finding that I'm really warming up to the mutants. I really liked Optikk once I had him in hand and Slushhead looks very well done. I do prefer the name 'Kalamarr' though for him. I'll be happy to get Spector too. He fits in great with NA guys and will be someone for Flipshot to hang out with.

I will also be very interested to see what Spector's sell out time is.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Heroic Warrior
    I hope to see Dan's Snake Mountain Stands review soon, so I can decide of buying them or not...

I'll buy Stinkor & Kalamarr...

I won't buy Mighty Spector...

Spector is a Stinkor variant.

OMG Lets get our April stuff first before we start talking about May

I'm really excited for May's figures. I'm a little baffled that Spector is becoming the one I'm most looking forward to. I've never hated Spector and always planned on getting him, but I didn't think I would actually be looking forward to him... Now I need to figure out which display he will go in, Preternia, Heroic Warriors, or NA? Maybe I should get 3. Actually, I'll probably move him around my display every once in a while.

When did spector get moved up from june to may? I thought the 30th figs were gettin released every 2 months, not to mention mattycollector had em listed as june on theor "tentative release" news post
    It always takes me 10 minutes to figure out how to edit this signature

I want meteorbs dang nabbit!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by jackstatic View Post
    When did spector get moved up from june to may? I thought the 30th figs were gettin released every 2 months, not to mention mattycollector had em listed as june on theor "tentative release" news post
    He orginally was planned for May, then moved to June and then moved back to May.

Photog was released in January and Draego Man was orginally planned for March.

Eternian Music Master mikethedrummer's Avatar
    Bring on Stinkor! One of my favorites when I was a kid.
    PS3 contact: InfernoSkeletor
    mikethedrummer's feedback thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=181087

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post
    Spector will sell out faster than Draego-Man has, and we will have to hear all the "I told you so's".
    THat would be a good way to manipulate the results.

Seriously, though, I'm pretty sure Draego and Spector and the other 30th figures are going to be made in the same numbers (though I could see Photogs numbers as being a bit higher because he was actually a known quantity in MOTU lore).

I'm debating the Snake Mountain stands; I've used some of the Grayskull ones, but the black coloring here makes the SM stands very bland (and looking like something to go with the Star Wars Mustafar set rather than MOTU). I agree with those saying they should have been some shade of purple to spruce them up.

Already have Slushy, Stinky, and Specy pre-ordered on BBTS, so my "sub" should be all set for next month.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I'm excited for Spector to be released so that he'll finally be sold and done with and I don't have to think about him anymore.

I'm most excited about these figures. The Mighty Spector is all right, but I'm pumped about Stinkor and Slushhead. Stinkor because his vintage figure was so cool - the black and white stripes were very striking - and Slushhead because he's a NA Mutant and one of my favorite characters from the cartoon.

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Adam's Dad View Post

I love it! Did you know that the Star Sisters are more popular than the Wind Raider

Wait, Slush head, Stinkor AND Spector next month!? Looks like I'll have to go for all 3...
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    I'm looking forward to all 3 of them. Spector is amazing.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

-World's #1 Goat Man Fan- NastyNate's Avatar
    Stinkor is AMAZING. Getting 1 in my sub but will brave the wsod on sale day to buy a second. I just cant pass up displaying him in both "vintage" and "200x"versions. I am STOKED for Slushead as well. He looks great! Im getting Slushy and Spector with my subs, but hoping for Zodac or BA HeMan reissues to buy along with Stinkor.(day of sale).

May is gonna be a big month...
    Goat Man is the MOTUC 2014 Traveling Con Exclusive! Im officially the happiest boy in the whole world.

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Benedict Judas Hel View Post
    Stinkor and Slushhead...yes!

I got no use for Spector and the Snake Mountain stands...
    What? No Snake Mountain stands? Doesn't evil terrain give you and your unholy followers +5 to Hit Dice and +2 to initiative rolls?

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    What? No Snake Mountain stands? Doesn't evil terrain give you and your unholy followers +5 to Hit Dice and +2 to initiative rolls?
    Don't get me wrong, Megamaxi. I love the concept of Snake Mountain stands but I hate the execution of it here. I do not like peg-style stands with these heavy figures with loose ankles. I had some pegs already break off in the foot holes of my Super Friends Sinestro from him falling over. These figures should have waist clip style stands. But that's just me...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!