Thread: TITANIC 3 D, first time or watching again?

TITANIC 3 D, first time or watching again?

i'm going to watch it tonight on imax 3d,

though i hear there's really not much too different, i will judge to see with my own eyes, but i love the film and seeing again 15 yrs later in a HUGE screen will be just awesome again

anyone not seen the film and will see it now?
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

Unfortunately I'm going to miss it. It combines 2 of my least favorite things.

1. Adding 3D after the fact to a film that wasn't shot for/in 3D
    2. The movie Titanic

if this is the version ,I can't way to see it LOL

Visit the MOTU LATINO site
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by heavy-eternium View Post
    That's awesome!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I saw that yesterday and almost posted it in the TMNT thread with regards to Michael Bay.

I've been wanting to see the 3D mainly to see Kate's umm...lady parts in IMAX 3D.

Here is a new animation of how they think it actually went down. Pretty neat.

Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    If I watch it again, well, I'd be watching it again... I didn't really hate the movie but I'm not crazy about it either. I almost feel I should watch it again just to commemorate the sinking but other than that ... Well I guess there's always Kate.
    Last edited by Dave-Man; April 11, 2012 at 10:52am.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

So, has anyone found any info if anyone is building a new titanic? would have been PERFECT to celebrate the 100 years and have it try and complete the voyage
    Geek Media -
    http://www.youtube.com/NTV1978

Geek Media Abridged - Packing Protons
    http://www.youtube.com/WPLJTV

I mean wait

I am interested in everything related to the ship in the movie because I am passionate about the history of the titanic, I think it will be a good experience to see all that in 3-d

Quote Originally Posted by GeologyMule View Post

this cameron documentary was great, he acknowledges the sinking in the movie is not correct.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; April 11, 2012 at 12:21pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

Quote Originally Posted by BCI Guy View Post
    Unfortunately I'm going to miss it. It combines 2 of my least favorite things.

1. Adding 3D after the fact to a film that wasn't shot for/in 3D
    2. The movie Titanic

I agree with both of these things. I do like Kate Winslet, however.
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Quote Originally Posted by Shredder View Post
    So, has anyone found any info if anyone is building a new titanic? would have been PERFECT to celebrate the 100 years and have it try and complete the voyage
    I know a ship came from southampton to go the same voyage of the Titanic, the 14th at night will make a memorial in the collapse zone.
    Last edited by heavy-eternium; April 11, 2012 at 12:36pm.
    MOTULA.ORG

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I know a ship came from southampton to go the same voyage of the Titanic, the 14th at night will make a memorial in the collapse zone.
    The ship also had to divert because of a medical emergency to get into helicopter range
    Giving away three free months of World of Warcraft + copy of game. PM me for details.

Diablo III Battletag = Hordack#1465 WoW - Ghostlands Sever XBL Gamertag = Hordack1980

cool dj!

btw, saw it last night on IMAX 3D, no biggie.. or really no difference.. but was amazing to watch it on the big screen again

just go see it in 2D looks amazingly clear also.
    Don't hate me cause ... (I'm Da Man)!

Carlo Hooks you up thread, just click HERE!

I saw it last Friday for the 1st time. Not really something to sit through when you go to the 11:30 PM showing and you're tired as hell. Aside from that, it wasn't bad and the company I had with me made it more enjoyable.
    Toy Guru is not what is "best for business".

Be careful what you wish for - it might come true, for the face of death wears the mask of the King of Mercy.

He-Man Forum Feedback
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=177953

I swore I heard that someone was going to or was doing this. But I have heard nothing new about it. This was a few years ago though.

I dont want to see the movie again. It was okay. The dresses were awesome.
    Obey the whip!

Smile like you mean it.

I saw that yesterday and almost posted it in the TMNT thread with regards to Michael Bay.

I've been wanting to see the 3D mainly to see Kate's umm...lady parts in IMAX 3D.

"That looks right"

Ummm.... shouldn't that be said while making that animation rather than when it was completed?
    Коможедапрочитанекапрочита:овимсајтомуправљајулуда циопседнутиконтролом.Јебаоихмателијебаоихскот .

Southern-Fried Preacher Dave-Man's Avatar
    There have been rumors of this for years. Rumors, unfortunately, are all that they appear to be. I used to hang around on a website forum dedicated to Titanic - these rumors came up every so often but never with any credible info to back them up.
    http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...BadassPreacher

"Don't let worry kill you, let the Church help"

The only thing I like about this film are the special effects (the transitions between the real ship footage and the film sets are beautiful) and the scenes of the ship sinking, I couldn't care less for the plot. If they were bringing back to the big screen 1958's A Night to Remember, now that's a Titanic movie I'd love to go and see.
    "With the silent leap of a sullen beast, I have downed and strangled every joy."
    Rimbaud

I'm going to watch it tonight. Just bought the ticket. I am looking forward to watching it on the IMAX screen more than anything else.
    For the Honor, for the Glory, for the Power of GRAYSKULL!!!

Evil Master of Warcraft
    I was very surprised by how good the 3D actually was. IMO movies that are not filmed in 3D suck at, but they did a great job on converting it.

I was very surprised by how good the 3D actually was. IMO movies that are not filmed in 3D suck at, but they did a great job on converting it.
    Agreed! I saw this movie in theaters twice in the 90's, once with friends then again on a date. I think I saw it maybe twice since then? I didn't remember much because it's been so long, so I really enjoyed it this time around. The 3D effects didn't make much of a difference I found, but I loved it all the same.

I saw it with my wife on Saturday. I enjoyed it immensely. For me, the film tends to stay with you even days later since the whole film is so immersive. I also couldn't help reflect on where I was in my life when i saw it in 1997 and now. The 3d wasn't too over the top and i enjoy the film so I knew I'd enjoy seeing it on a big screen. I also tend to see re-releases. For Valentine's Day, my wife and I were at Disneyland and they were showing Casablanca at the theater. Loved that even though I own the blu-ray. If you've never really seen the film or only saw it in parts on tv, then I think it's worth watching. Haters love tearing apart the movie but it's certainly well made, ambitious and entertaining. I liked it.