View Poll Results: Which cover is your favorite?

Voters
71. You may not vote on this poll
  • Cover #1

12 16.90%
  • Cover #2

8 11.27%
  • Cover #3

9 12.68%
  • Cover #4

4 5.63%
  • Cover #5

18 25.35%
  • Cover #6

13 18.31%
  • Cover #7

4 5.63%
  • Cover #8

3 4.23%
  • Cover #9

0 0%

Thread: The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man - ALTERNATE cover! :)

Hybrid View

The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man - ALTERNATE cover! :)

As some of you will no doubt be aware The unofficial cartoon guide to He-Man and the Masters of the Universe will be reprinted within the next month or so!

However, what some of you may not know is that it will have an ALTERNATE cover - Check out the nine covers below (each one numbered)...

PLEASE vote and let me know which cover you think is the best!

* If you've already voted via my Facebook page or my Facebook fan page then please don't vote again *

No matter which wins, now I'm gonna have to get the alternate cover one as well :P They´re all great!

Okay, I'm torn here...because some of the covers stick closer to the effects used in the Filmation shows (and that means they're true to the source material), but others are variations on the Filmation effects and are more eye-catching at first glance. Specifically, Cover 3 looks tremendous, even though it uses reds and a more firery color palette. Covers 1, 2 and 5 are more true to the Filmation special effects...

At the end of the day, I think I'd go with Cover 3 and definitely stay away from the covers with the darker backgrounds, as He-Man gets lost in them...

EDIT: Whoops said Cover 4 and meant Cover 3. Fixed it!
    Last edited by DisneyBoy; April 18, 2012 at 03:22pm.

DEF love the #1 cover more!

Heroic Warrior
    James, when's the She-Ra guide coming out? I voted for cover five.
    Successful transactions with PaulJustice, bobshumway, ThunderPuncher, SonofKeldor, Eterniandreams, Xavion, darksword, dr phiz, Epizo1, Shankor, Shecky, He-Dad, Phil.Pastel, Baddwarff, sublimesting, richalot, He-Man54, anytimepally, Mysterio, Umbloo, Lich Leech, GFunny, greenstar1981, crimsondragon, Man-E-MoodZ, yakkotank, Jaakub, Is-rael, dzathamza, jesstertwo, yodafreakmaster, and stratosfear.

Now I would LOVE to see a matching She-Ra Guidebook like this He-Man one!!!

THEIR KILLIN TEH LIEN !! uaxuctum's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Busta Toons View Post
    However, what some of you may not know is that it will have an ALTERNATE cover - Check out the nine covers below (each one numbered)...

PLEASE vote and let me know which cover you think is the best!
    Pffft... the best cover was the original one, which was PERFECT. Why try to fix what's NOT broken? That display-of-power "look at my muscles, I can crush my enemies" arrogant/menacing pose looks much more fitting with ignoble power-hungry Skeletor getting hold of the Power Sword than with noble He-Man.

I don't yet own a copy of this book (I wasn't around at the time) and was all intent on buying the reprint. But if it finally sports any of these new travesty covers, I think I'll seriously consider hunting down a copy of the original print instead.

Leave the cover art as it was, it needs no fixing at all.

I voted for number 6....looking forward to the book!

Voted for number 5. I think they all look cool though - it was a tough decision!
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

I don't yet own a copy of this book (I wasn't around at the time) and was all intent on buying the reprint. But if it finally sports any of these new travesty covers, I think I'll seriously consider hunting down a copy of the original print instead.
    Yeesh! That's a bit sour, don't you think? Someone worked hard on these, and just because you're being asked for your opinion doesn't mean you're free to trash their work. Be nice now

Now, if 3 doesn't win, I'd like 5 or 2 to claim the prize..

Quote Originally Posted by Ferio View Post
    No matter which wins, now I'm gonna have to get the alternate cover one as well :P They´re all great!
    Thank you - There are a couple of there I don't think are as strong as the others, and sure enough they're the ones not receiving the most votes...which is good!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    At the end of the day, I think I'd go with Cover 3 and definitely stay away from the covers with the darker backgrounds, as He-Man gets lost in them...
    Thanks for the vote, and I agree, He-Man does get lost on one or two of the covers - As traiditonal as 6 is for example, He-Man gets lost against the Eternian night sky...

Quote Originally Posted by vancak View Post
    James, when's the She-Ra guide coming out? I voted for cover five.
    I'm not entirely sure yet - Once the project is well underway I'll let EVERYONE know about it...

Quote Originally Posted by Jyrki View Post
    Even I own already copy of your book, James. Good work. I might buy book again to give it someone.
    AWESOME - And yes, it makes for a GREAT gift...at least to a He-Man fan that requires this kind of information!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    There, did I disect that in enough trivial detail?!
    Now THAT was detailed...and I appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by uaxuctum View Post
    Pffft... the best cover was the original one, which was PERFECT. Why try to fix what's NOT broken?
    LOL - Trust me, I don't think the original cover is broken in ANY way - I spent a LONG time working on that cover, re-illustrating every single piece of Grayskull's power - I'm quite proud of it!

That display-of-power "look at my muscles, I can crush my enemies" arrogant/menacing pose looks much more fitting with ignoble power-hungry Skeletor getting hold of the Power Sword than with noble He-Man.
    I see where you're coming from, but it's far from an arrogant pose - It's supposed to be He-Man almost standing up to the Power of Grayskull as it bombards him - You can see the original pose from the episode "Disappearing Dragons" HERE (you have to be on Facebook to see this)

I don't yet own a copy of this book (I wasn't around at the time) and was all intent on buying the reprint. But if it finally sports any of these new travesty covers,
    "Travesty"? - That's a tad harsh...

I think I'll seriously consider hunting down a copy of the original print instead.
    Leave the cover art as it was, it needs no fixing at all.
    I don't think it needs "fixing" at all - I appreciate your comments and I hope you manage to find a copy of the book!

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyBoy View Post
    Yeesh! That's a bit sour, don't you think? Someone worked hard on these, and just because you're being asked for your opinion doesn't mean you're free to trash their work. Be nice now
    It's cool - Thus far I've had 126 (outside of He-Man.org) vote on which cover they'd like, and 140 people state they will purchase the book - I'd like to think it'll be okay!