Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Vykron's backstory and bio... will he be a "key" MOTU element or a loose tie-in?

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar

So Vykron's backstory and bio... will he be a "key" MOTU element or a loose tie-in?

Very excited to see that Vykron will be this year's SDCC exclusive and something more of note to mark the 30th Anniversary (some of the final designs for the figure I'm not over happy with, but I'll save that for another thread).

Do you think that Vykron's backstory and bio will incorportate him as one of the "key" characters in the mythos, in the same way as say, King Grayskull, He-Ro, or will he merely be given a loose, general treatment without tying him in too strong?

On his soldier design, for example, he has US Army stars... maybe this will tie-in to the on-going Earth connection (Re: Queen Marlena / The Cosmic Key / Eternia possibly being a future / parallel version of Earth / whatever they're going with this week).

Maybe the Spaceman will be a NA connection (which I'm not overly bothered about as I'm more take-it-or-leave it with NA). Who knows?

Also, for some reason, I'm assuming that he will be a "past" character; though that's my own personal assumption. Also, will the barbarian version be a previous He-Man? So much to find out.

Thoughts?
    Last edited by Spacedust; April 28, 2012 at 12:47pm. Reason: minor typo fix
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    I'm just interested to see how "Vykron" can be three wildly different looking people. Is he the Eternian master of disguise?

Maybe he's a near mythological character who appears out of nowhere when there's a major battle in whatever form is most suitable for the situation, and then disappears when the battle is over until needed again.

I wish he was still a myth.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacedust View Post
    Very excited to see the Vykron will be this year's SDCC exclusive and something more of note to mark the 30th Anniversary (some of the final designs for the figure I'm not over happy with, but I'll save that for another thread).

Do you think that Vykron's backstory and bio will incorportate him as one of the "key" characters in the mythos, in the same way as say, King Grayskull, He-Ro, or will he merely be given a loose, general treatment without tying him in too strong?

On his soldier design, for example, he has US Army stars... maybe this will tie-in to the on-going Earth connection (Re: Queen Marlena / The Cosmic Key / Eternia possibly being a future / parallel version of Earth / whatever they're going with this week).

Maybe the Spaceman will be a NA connection (which I'm not overly bothered about as I'm more take-it-or-leave it with NA). Who knows?

Also, for some reason, I'm assuming that he will be a "past" character; though that's my own personal assumption. Also, will the barbarian version be a previous He-Man? So much to find out.

Thoughts?
    My honest opinion? First of all: no disrespect AT ALL to those who like/love/adore this figure (these figures). Personally, I don't like them at all but the thing I fear most is the part they can POSSIBLY play in the mythos (I reserve final judgement until we get the bio). As you suggest, the Tank Man has US Army stars. I tell you, if they go further on this horrible idea of linking Eternia and Earth, I will quit this line. Once more: if you like 'em, be my guest and more power to you. I've kept myself quite quiet after TMS and SLL but this is just... Oh well...
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCoast View Post
    I wish he was still a myth.
    Evil Master of Thinking!

Quote Originally Posted by Teacher of Madness View Post
    I'm just interested to see how "Vykron" can be three wildly different looking people. Is he the Eternian master of disguise?

Maybe he's a near mythological character who appears out of nowhere when there's a major battle in whatever form is most suitable for the situation, and then disappears when the battle is over until needed again.
    I think the spaceman version is the carachter we can find on the SMAA mini-comic. the guy with the fett's head and the gun in his hand (close to the beast) on the right- am I wrong?

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    He's Skeletor's son.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

SNARRRLLL's biggest fan! MISSILE-TOE's Avatar
    Here's a few suggestions/speculations -

He does infact seem to appear in the second issue of the upcoming Mini-comic.

Now, a few interesting clues as to his origin might come from the Preternia map, especially the Spaceport shown in Anwat-Gar...(suggesting Preternia had connections to space)...or the Foe Castle behind Castle Grayskull and the Valley Of Gnarl (if for example he turns out to be a Fighting Foe Man).

1) King Grayskull had a brother, who at some point gets killed (by King Hisss?). Could Vykron be him? COuld explain the He-Man connection with the power vest?

2) Fighting Foe Men have been speculated to originally be allies with King Grayskull, (hence the close proximity of Foe Castle on The Preternia map). Perhaps they have a falling out, and Vykron joins/sets up the Fighting Foe Men. This would make Vikor and Vykron enemies, which would be a cool nod to Roger Sweet and Mark Taylor.

3) Vykron could be a time traveller, hence the different outfits to make sure he fits in with each time period he is in.

4) Vykron could be cursed to live forever and never grow old, hence his need to find new outfits to adapt to his current time.

5) As suggested by someone else in the SDCC reveal thread, he could have found 3 magic helmets (space/barbarian/miltary) which when he wears each one, can change his powers (I like this idea!)
    MOTUC WISH LIST
    : SNARRRLLL:

Heroic Warrior
    I think the US Army star thing may be making too big a deal out of a small detail. To me, it's very akin to the way He-Man has the Iron Cross, which certainly didn't link him automatically to Earth and any of the various regimes or philosophies that have utilized that symbol.

Heroic Warrior
    I don't know what will be in the "official" Matty bio, but as far as I'm concerned, in my cannon, Vykron was a violent Eternian drunkard who was circulating with a goblet on his head. He "stumbled" on Mer-Man while going to take a leak in the nearby pond, and just got beheaded by Skeletor's ally. Since then, the goblet is displayed in Snake Mountain as an evil warriors trophy. And Vykron has been totally forgotten. But the evil warriors still snicker when they mention his name, because they used his severed, maggoty head to play the Dark Hemisphere version of bowling.
    Last edited by Prahvus; April 28, 2012 at 02:38pm.

Elder Councilman
    He actually appears in the mini-comic? Then I'll say it: this really falls on the Mattel writers to get me interested in the character enough to care about him. Shockingly they've done it with other characters previously, let's see what they can do with this one.
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    My honest opinion? First of all: no disrespect AT ALL to those who like/love/adore this figure (these figures). Personally, I don't like them at all but the thing I fear most is the part they can POSSIBLY play in the mythos (I reserve final judgement until we get the bio). As you suggest, the Tank Man has US Army stars. I tell you, if they go further on this horrible idea of linking Eternia and Earth, I will quit this line. Once more: if you like 'em, be my guest and more power to you. I've kept myself quite quiet after TMS and SLL but this is just... Oh well...
    Of course, you are free to dislike any or all figures. But why quit the line entirely if you don't like certain elements of the backstory. Why would you not just ignore it, or not just buy the figures you like? Just curious.
    "Mattel's policy of things being seen as a failure if they don't sell out in minutes still annoys the hell out of me." — .org Member paulioscorchio

Enjoy my articles on action figures, Christianity, and much more on Infobarrel.

Quote Originally Posted by MISSILE-TOE View Post

Now, a few interesting clues as to his origin might come from the Preternia map, especially the Spaceport shown in Anwat-Gar...(suggesting Preternia had connections to space)...or the Foe Castle behind Castle Grayskull and the Valley Of Gnarl (if for example he turns out to be a Fighting Foe Man).

1) King Grayskull had a brother, who at some point gets killed (by King Hisss?). Could Vykron be him? COuld explain the He-Man connection with the power vest?

2) Fighting Foe Men have been speculated to originally be allies with King Grayskull, (hence the close proximity of Foe Castle on The Preternia map). Perhaps they have a falling out, and Vykron joins/sets up the Fighting Foe Men. This would make Vikor and Vykron enemies, which would be a cool nod to Roger Sweet and Mark Taylor.

3) Vykron could be a time traveller, hence the different outfits to make sure he fits in with each time period he is in.

4) Vykron could be cursed to live forever and never grow old, hence his need to find new outfits to adapt to his current time.

5) As suggested by someone else in the SDCC reveal thread, he could have found 3 magic helmets (space/barbarian/miltary) which when he wears each one, can change his powers (I like this idea!)

I think you have alot of well thought out ideas here, any one of these could play out in the bios. Another scenario may emegre is that he in fact, is another "He-man" thru out that 5000 year time span, now i'm not sure how that will play out in regards to the military and space outfits but the barbarian surely fits the bill for it. Well done Missle toe.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Skystalker View Post
    Of course, you are free to dislike any or all figures. But why quit the line entirely if you don't like certain elements of the backstory. Why would you not just ignore it, or not just buy the figures you like? Just curious.
    Nah, you're quite right Skystalker. Of course I won't quit the line entirely, just so disappointed about these figures. True, I can and will ignore them, but you know, one is anxious to see the new reveals, building up expectations and stuff. And while I do know and accept that not every figure will be to my liking (hey, I can even admit that certain NA figures grew on me) these really blew me away (in a negative sense). But anyways, I love MotU: this is not my line, so to a degree I accept and understand things I personally don't care about. Just really wanted to see an Alcala He-Man ;-) Lol. Thanks for your honest question!
    Last edited by Chroniklor; April 28, 2012 at 05:02pm.
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Vykron once worked for US Army (Named Tank Head Then) !

After stealing 80% name from Kronis, Tank Head was charged for the allegation & kicked out from the army !!

After stealing a brand new diaper from a baby, Kron was quickly banished to Space, there he officially altered his name as "Spacekron" !!!

After stealing King Grayskulls armour, Spacekron was cursed to live with a cup on his head forever !!!!

After Stealing viking style from vikor, Spacekron changed his name to "Vykron" forever !!!!!
    I Can't Wait For MOTU 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm guessing he dons the three different helmets and each gives him a specific power-up... as for his "era"... I'd kinda like him to be a current present day Eternia character. Too many folks from the past turning up... present day Eternia needs some beefin' up!

Quote Originally Posted by Delthaindia View Post
    I think the spaceman version is the carachter we can find on the SMAA mini-comic. the guy with the fett's head and the gun in his hand (close to the beast) on the right- am I wrong?
    I remember when we saw those leaked pages, I wondered if this was the case... a redesigned, non-Fett style helmet... the thing is, the armor is different...

I like all these ideas.

I wonder if the "Space Port" on the Preternia map has anything to do with him. There is a lot on the Preternia map that hasn't been explained at all.
    A Want List of Sorts: Peekablue, Saurod, Veena, Calix, Evilseed, 200X Head Pack, Mara, Point Dread & The Talon Fighter... and all the other POP & NA characters.

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I wonder if the "Space Port" on the Preternia map has anything to do with him. There is a lot on the Preternia map that hasn't been explained at all.
    The space port would be an interesting point to expand upon and tie into with this figure!
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Impin' Ain't Easy! DreamTripper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    After stealing 80% name from Kronis,
    That's only 66.66%.

Support Bili the Droid
    It's GrAyskull. It's posted all over the packaging and this site.
    CANON-the body of rules, principles, or standards accepted as axiomatic and universally binding in a field of study or art, such as a storyline
    CANNON-a mounted gun for firing heavy projectiles; a gun, howitzer, or mortar.

Imp is here!
    I will change my avatar as soon as Songster is made in MOTUC

I will do what I've done with most the MOTUC bios, and toss them out! Vykron has three distinct looks so he'll be 3 different characters for me.

I think he'll be a background character though, another protector of the power sword who upgrades his armor with tech and magic? similiar to how Triklops got an upgrade. Or he'll probably be a rip-off of the Centurions.
    Chances are high his bio will be underwhelming much like Photog's bio was...just awful.
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I imagine him as sort of a Vandal Savage. Lived through Preternia as He-Man, moved on to Bobba Fett, then settled as Tank Top when NA came around.

Although, I will have them as separate characters.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar

you've thought about this on several angels. nice I like your level of involvement.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    you've thought about this on several angels. nice I like your level of involvement.
    Now if we had that kinda thinking at Matty, the MOTU Universe would be so much a better place
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

3 different characters to my mind. I'm hoping these are the Fighting Foe Men ... though I am intrigued by the mention of the spaceport. I'd forgotten about that unexplained gem.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Some good thinking around here!

I'm probably going to hate the explanation for the different looks... mainly because I've been perceiving this release as a way to create new custom characters. Vykron looks pretty cool to me as is. The other pieces belong on a different buck, though. Someone who doesn't have the loincloth and barbarian boots. I'd like to turn that gun head into an arm cannon, too!
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!