Thread: Paint problems with loose figures holding weapons

Heroic Warrior

Paint problems with loose figures holding weapons

Please everyone who collects loose MOTUC figures check where the weapons are held or attached on your figures as I am doing new shelves and noticed that all My Guards have bad silver paint blotches on hands and areas where shields clip on especially. It extends not only to silver but all colors of weapons and the paint comes right off the weapon leaving the plastic color behind like blue for Guards shields but the silver is then all over the figure!!! So if the weapon has been displayed in a room with figure gripping it check the hand that held it. Hope this makes sense and is helpful. I am concerned about My collection now. If this is in the wrong place sorry and please fix Mods. Thanks.

Heroic Warrior
    This can happen if the weapon is always displayed in that hand. Heat and humidity is also a factor, Remember, They don't make toys like they did 30 years ago.

The Palace Guards came out of the box with bad silver paint, I bought 2 loose ones for customs, and both had missing paint on the shields and weapons, that had transferred to the figure from being packaged....the silver paint is bad on those.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Thanks for tips and info. Im gonna switch hands holding weapons every now again, put another ac unit in the mancave and keep a better eye on them.

This is why so many of my figures are not allowed to hold their weapons. If it's not Sy-Klone's shield being too hard and scratching his forearm, it's Marzo's hard, painted hand scraping the paint off his sword when trying to put it into his hand, or the glitter film on He-Ro's sword becoming stuck to his hand and peeling off the sword...