Thread: WTFWTK 2.79 - Ask your questions here!

WTFWTK 2.79 - Ask your questions here!

Rules for What The Fans Want To Know:
    • Each user is limited to 1 question per Q&A.
    • Posts that repeat questions from other Q&As or from earlier in this thread, or posts that contain multiple questions, will be deleted and the offending user will no longer be permitted to participate in that particular Q&A. So check to see if your question has been asked and help everyone out!
      Be sure to check the posts in this thread before you, as well as previous Q&A sessions!
    • This is for question submission only; not discussion. Please save that for discussion threads, and Q&A answer threads.
    • We will start a new Q&A thread when it is time for more questions, approximately every 2 weeks. So please don't start new Q&A threads.

We will pick up to 5 questions we feel might get answers at that time. Please do not take offense to your question not being asked.
    Also, we also edit questions to make them more concise, to be more specific, etc. Please take no offense to this either, as it's only meant to help.
    It's nothing personal.

***Important note: Mattel has limited the questions to 5 from each site who submits Q&As.

Previous WTFWTK sessions (questions and Mattel answers):

--------------

This past round of questions were selected by Patreek.
    Thanks to that fan for their help!!!

The questions that were asked in the previous Q&A & will be answered in a couple weeks as follows (please do not repeat them, or questions from previous Q&As):

1. MISSILE-TOE: Are characters from the "Son of He-Man" continuity likely to ever be released, such as Kay-La, Air-Bag, Fork-Lift, Saw-Tooth, Missile-Toe, Ever-Mean and Bug-Eye? If so, have they been scheduled in at any point for inclusion in MOTUC?

2. He-Metayer: Will Mattel be advertising MOTUC in DC's upcoming Masters of the Universe mini-series?

3. Scorpia: The Sorceress doesn't stand up straight when being posed due to the weight of her wings. How will future females with the need for wings (Angella, Flutterina) or 'backpack' accessories (Castaspella, Peekablue) be handled so they don't see the same fate?

4. Barbecue17: When I was a kid, I removed the handguards from my He-Man and Skeletor power swords because I didn't like the look of them. I was pleasantly surprised to see them removed in MOTUC as well. Tri-Klops' sword, however, has the hand guard, which in his case I like. My question is how/why was the decision made to stray from the vintage for the Power Sword itself in losing the handguard but in retaining it for the Tri-klops/Fisto sword?

5. zodak74: Might we get Draego-Man's flame sword repainted in blue-ish icy tones in a future Weapons Pak so that the likes of Frosta, Ice Armor Skeletor, or Icer can wield it?

--------------

So ask those questions!

Is Mattel considering making Tiered Figure Stands that would work for MOTU Classics figures (like Mattel did for WWE figures)? I just put up new shelves to expand my collection room and I am already running out of room! Tiered Stands would allow me (and others in similar situations) to have several rows of figures AND the ability to see all of their lovely faces. They seem to have worked great for the WWE figures!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 30, 2012 at 08:38am.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    Are we ever going to get the Tri-Klops cross-sell sword and magenta Skeletor Armor in future weapons packs?

Well I don't know if you can answer this or will choose not to (due to possible disclosure guidelines), but considering we are starting to see pullbacks on painting applications (Stinkor's weapons and now the Snake Mountain stands) are we going to see this continue for further figures, beasts, etc?

Since Wun-Dar's head was simply a repaint of He-Man's, why not with next years sub exclusive have an all new head for Wun-Dar paked in. This could also help boost subs too for all those people who got Wun-Dar and then will have that Itch to have that all new head!!!! Plus him being "savage" his new head should feature stubble and a messy ratty hair sculpt!

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    Has the re-use of ram man's buck come up in discussions? Scott, would you personally like to see ram man be a smaller character like the vintage figure or take on a larger buck to be a bigger dude?

Will the Snake Mountain stands only be available for purchase in the May sale, or will they be available year round like the current Grayskull stands are on mattycollector.com?

We hear in answers all the time that design decisions of the figures are left up to the 4H. The 4H desinged the Stinkor with new forearms and put them on the sides they decided they should be on. Why was the decision made by Mattel then to swap the forearms on Stinkor and change the design off the 4H prototype? Is this not contradictory of all the other times we were told that all these decisions are the 4H's and has nothing th do with engineering or safety standards?

J

Heroic Warrior
    In your MOTUC blog for Zodac, you metioned that you really want to find a way to release Zodac's chair and Zodak's "modern" head (without helmet). Any chances we will be getting those in 2012?

For Hordak. To the death. lorde trooper's Avatar
    Will King Grayskull ever be released again on Matty Collector (not the SDCC VERSION).
    Evil Army of the Horde!!

All the figures with the hidden ankle pegs from Vikor to Fisto/Photog had really tight ankles. Then Kobra Khan and Thunderpunch He-Man had very loose ankles. What happened?
    "There's only one Master of the Universe and it's He-Man." - Stephen Colbert

"The heart has its reasons of which reason knows nothing." - Blaise Pascal

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Since it has been pretty clear that Snout Spout was defective, can we have a re-release of the figure with a solid plastic snout down the line? I think we are owed at least him.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

If Etherian heroes have the "Princess of Power" sticker, and Horde members (even those that originated in the vintage PoP toyline) have the "Evil Horde" sticker...what will evil Etherian characters NOT associated with the Horde have?
    Aaron
    PoP Variants are part of the vintage line, too! Starburst She-Ra, Shower Power Catra, and Scratchin' Sound Catra for 2015!!!

I was reading through the mini comics again and in "Escape of the Slime Pit" there is this female Rock People character, we always assumed it was Granita but they simply donīt look very much a like.
    Can you confirm that she is Granita or is she a different all new character?

Looking to the SDCC exclusive Vykron figure, i have noticed that there is a great close resemblance to the vintage He-Man head. Is it possible to release a new He-Man head that is more faithful to the vintage one?

220547.jpg
    Visit my Heroic Vintage MINT Collection of Evil here!