Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MOTUC Almost outnumbering the vintage line

MOTUC Almost outnumbering the vintage line

So I did a quick count yesterday out of curiosity and came up with 70 (72 if you count Tytus and Megator) figures in the old vintage MOTU line. I didn't count any monsters, cats, meteorbs, just straight carded figures. A quick count of MOTUC figures (counting this month) brings us to 64 (66 with Tytus and Megator). Again I didn't count any beasts or cats (Orko I did count since he had a single carded vintage release, Cringer I did not).

Even with my counts possibly being off by one or so, we're a few months away from having more MOTUC figures than we had vintage figures and by the end of the year we will have quite a few more.

Just a neat fact that I thought was pretty cool. MOTUC's on its way to being the largest Masters related line.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Love it! (I actually thought we might already be at that point.)

I really look forward to the day when we can look at our shelves and see the entire vintage line of standard figures represented in Classics. That will be a red letter day for sure!
    Looking for movie reviews, geek news, and other such nonsense? Check out my site: http://www.thepicreview.com/

"We have a Ram-Man"

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Yes, that is pretty cool. I guess that the fact that my display case is bursting with figures and my limited space issues prove your point. Oh how I do enjoy the fact that my display case is getting to small :-) Don't care! Gimme more figures
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecue17 View Post
    Love it! (I actually thought we might already be at that point.)
    !
    Well depends on how you count your MOTUC... When I did my count, I counted the palace guards as 1 figure since they're all identical essentially. I did count Mo-larr but not toothless Skeletor since he was pretty much the same as regular Skeletor. Also didn't count the original Grayskull since he didn't get a very wide release. Adding those in and depending on how many guards someone may have might actually bring you over the vintage count.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

AND the coolest thing about MOTUC is that it has helped us get characters that were NOT made in the vintage lines... We Finally have a Complete Royal Family with the prodigal daughter... Heck! the Horde even got Shadow Weaver!
    FINALLY!! GLIMMER IS IN MY SHELF!! Now I need a Crita!! Crita is to Mara what Evil Lyn is to Teela. If we ARE getting Mara, then we NEED Crita.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    I would have to say that I see this as a positive thing from a MOTUC standpoint. I guess I would, too...
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

so very thrilled about this. As others have said we finally have a complete royal family, finally have Shadow Weaver, He-Ro, The Star Sisters, Cringer, King Grayskull, Faceless One, and The Goddess its just awesome.
    Most Wanted Crita, Veena, EvilSeed, Prahvus, Sagitar, Calix, Tuskador, Vultak, Dylamug, Masque, Sebrian, Dree Elle, Uncle Montork, King Miro, Granita, Hawke, Hunga, Kittrina, Quakke, Butthead, Hoove, Darius, Spinwit, Nocturna, Kayo, Lizzor, Artilla, Vizar, Staghorn, Lodar, Twiggets, Drissi, Lady Slither, Bubblor, Three Beast, Fang-Or, Great Black Wizard, Major Header, and Ra-Jar.

I love it. Excepting the probable fact that I will never get 100percent of MOTUC versions of classic vehicles, toys, & playsets, this line is the definative MOTU line for me.

I'm not complaining, but because this line is so all inclusive and epic, I only wish they could make at least from the MOTU vintage line every playset and vehicle as well. I think if they did, I may not feel like I had to go back and get all the vintage stuff someday.

But figure wise, yes, this line will be quite teh definative collection if they can get around to doing every vintage figure, which I feel is a great chance of comming to fruition. They stated clearly their desire to do this.

The original line will always be my heart, but this line with it's figures all fitting in the same line, the figures that never got vintage toys, the toys from other lines....just beautiful.

VERY cool to hear! I was beginning to wonder how close we were to having the same amount of figures.

...now if we can only get all of the vintage figures ported over into a new MOTUC version now. lol

It is impressive to look back and think where this line started with that prototype He-man at SDCC in 2007. We were all so excited about the possibility of MOTU returning but I had no idea how expansive this line would be.

I always enjoy scrolling through this vintage checklist. Now that we have seen the Mosquitor boot we're another figure closer to completion:

http://pages.suddenlink.net/soundwav...checklist.html

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    While MOTUC has given us new characters and outnumbers the vintage line numerically, I personally won't consider it as "passing" the vintage line until we get all of the vintage action figure characters.

However, the line was done extremely well with it's milestones!

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    So I did a quick count yesterday out of curiosity and came up with 70 (72 if you count Tytus and Megator) figures in the old vintage MOTU line. I didn't count any monsters, cats, meteorbs, just straight carded figures. A quick count of MOTUC figures (counting this month) brings us to 64 (66 with Tytus and Megator). Again I didn't count any beasts or cats (Orko I did count since he had a single carded vintage release, Cringer I did not).

Even with my counts possibly being off by one or so, we're a few months away from having more MOTUC figures than we had vintage figures and by the end of the year we will have quite a few more.

Just a neat fact that I thought was pretty cool. MOTUC's on its way to being the largest Masters related line.
    Are you factoring in classic POP and NA figures as well?
    I want NA Skeletor and Rio Blast and I want them now!

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    I have to declare that MOTUC has clearly surpassed every He-man toy line. No matter what is debated, the line is just better than anything ever produced in the past. It's just a matter of time before they surpass the lines in numbers.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I have to declare that MOTUC has clearly surpassed every He-man toy line. No matter what is debated, the line is just better than anything ever produced in the past. It's just a matter of time before they surpass the lines in numbers.
    I don't know...

Without vehicles and Playsets, the Vintage line will always have something that this new one doesn't...

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post

One thing i noticed recently, is that the MOTUC line is almost the Longest RUNNING line!

Vintage got 5 good years (I can't count 88... with it's only 2 laser characters not sold anywhere around here...)

PoP only had 3... which ran at the same time as MOTU....

He-man had 4....

and 200x had 3...

We've got 4 good ones behind us already... since we started in 2008-2012... 5 if you want to count the weak 2008 in there. and Still going strong!!

Heroic Warrior
    Pretty cool. I just wish that they would take the care to redo figures like Godess and Roboto... but yeah, otherwise MOTUC rocks!

I don't think Classics will ever truly surpas the vintage line due to all of the vehicles, playsets and random licensed items not to mention the spin-off in She-Ra but still, Classics is awesome! and will will be one of the greatest toyline ever.

Quote Originally Posted by bskcase View Post
    I don't think so yet. It won't surpass the vintage line if the line dies or ends before vital characters or rosters are finished. Classics might have the Royal Family completed, but what is the line truly superior if the Horde is missing Mantenna or Modulok? We'd have Octavia, Catra and Shadow Weaver, but Mantenna or Modulok would be missing. We'd have Fisto and Sy-Klone, but no Ram Man. And I'm only talking about the main MOTU vintage era here. I hate to say it, but if it comes down to it, POP and NA fans might have to cut their losses by getting only the top characters of their eras and sacrificing the rest.

Vehicle and playset-wise, this is a different animal, these are different times. Playsets and vehicles for 6" figures are practically non-existent. We probably aren't going to get the least popular Vintage, 200X, POP or NA vehicles. I'd focus on what MOTUC's strength is: the figures.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    I don't think so yet. It won't surpass the vintage line if the line dies or ends before vital characters or rosters are finished. Classics might have the Royal Family completed, but what is the line truly superior if the Horde is missing Mantenna or Modulok? We'd have Octavia, Catra and Shadow Weaver, but Mantenna or Modulok would be missing. We'd have Fisto and Sy-Klone, but no Ram Man. And I'm only talking about the main MOTU vintage era here. I hate to say it, but if it comes down to it, POP and NA fans might have to cut their losses by getting only the top characters of their eras and sacrificing the rest.

Vehicle and playset-wise, this is a different animal, these are different times. Playsets and vehicles for 6" figures are practically non-existent. We probably aren't going to get the least popular Vintage, 200X, POP or NA vehicles. I'd focus on what MOTUC's strength is: the figures.
    As an NA fan I have already come to that conclusion and accepted it

Though I think we will easily get every vintage character that was released done in MOTUC and probably a majority of the POP characters before the line goes away (if it does)

I mean to be honest I could see a 6 figure sub going on for at least the next 5-7 years with no problem whatsoever. The great thing about being online only is that there is no end date where it expires, MOTUC could easily become the next Barbie Collectors Club and just keep going
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

Actually, the MOTUC line has surpassed the vintage line in one very important aspect. We've already had five figures with reversed body parts in the MOTUC line (i.e., the first King Grayskull release, He-Man, Roboto, King Hiss, and Stinkor) and no doubt more on the way. We weren't fortunate enough to have any in the vintage line.

Quote Originally Posted by markatisu View Post
    As an NA fan I have already come to that conclusion and accepted it
    Yeah, me too. So long as NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Hydron, Flogg and Sagitar come out, I'll be okay. Sebrian, Crita and Mara (warrior guises or original looks) would be icing on the cake.

Though I think we will easily get every vintage character that was released done in MOTUC and probably a majority of the POP characters before the line goes away (if it does)
    Yes...unless Mattel screws up hard by angering collectors, I could easily see the vintage line getting completed in it's entirety. POP and NA are definitely challenges. The major POP characters like Glimmer, Angella, Mermista and Castaspella are sure to get made, but some of the others... I wonder if the hardcore POP fans have the "Omega Plan" like us NA fans do?

In order to surpass the vintage line, at a minimum, I think Mattel still needs to produce these eight figures: Ram-Man, Mekaneck, Jitsu, Two-Bad, Mantenna, Horde Trooper, Tung Lashor, and Rattlor.

Evil & armed for combat TJRules's Avatar
    This is very exciting. Love it. I'm glad this line has lasted this long. There's lots of great figures out there to be had, if you don't already have everything.

Course it's easy to do when you've got all those years of history. MOTU, POP, NA, 200x, mini-comics, etc. etc.
    Support Green Mini-Comic Trap Jaw in MOTUC!

Land Shark in MOTUC!!!!!! Do it Mattel!!! Do it NOW!!!!

Support The Power & Honor Foundation

Power-Con/ThunderCon

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Yes, that is pretty cool. I guess that the fact that my display case is bursting with figures and my limited space issues prove your point. Oh how I do enjoy the fact that my display case is getting to small :-) Don't care! Gimme more figures
    You can always do like me and put shelving in front of your window

On topic, I still miss in motuc: ninjor, rioblast, rokon, stondar and db skeletor
    I would love to see those
    Last edited by orkothewizard; April 19, 2012 at 04:08am.
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    Yeah, me too. So long as NA He-Man, NA Skeletor, Hydron, Flogg and Sagitar come out, I'll be okay. Sebrian, Crita and Mara (warrior guises or original looks) would be icing on the cake.

Yes...unless Mattel screws up hard by angering collectors, I could easily see the vintage line getting completed in it's entirety. POP and NA are definitely challenges. The major POP characters like Glimmer, Angella, Mermista and Castaspella are sure to get made, but some of the others... I wonder if the hardcore POP fans have the "Omega Plan" like us NA fans do?
    I don't think POP is that hard to finish off, most of the characters have designs that would appeal to MOTUC if done right.

One option though to finish off both factions is a big 12 pack like they did for DCUC, I think that would sell and very easily.

I don't even think angering fans is a problem, we have been buying this line with no media or promotion for almost 4 years. The only things that are going to stop people buying (they will just buy from the orgers, BBTS, or eBay) is a massive drop in subs due to expenses. That is why I said I could see an ongoing 6 figure sub for the next decade. At 6 figures even DR's massive mess ups would not be enough to put off people from paying $200 a year for new MOTU toys.
    Owner Fantastic Plastic Toys. Authorized Integrity Toys Dealer. We ship international. We carry Monster High, Realm of the Underworld, Funko, NECA, Japanese Imports & much more! Creator of Mystical Warriors of the Ring, a 2" Animal Wrestling Minifigure line, with toys now made in China! Check us out!

Trusted .Org member/mod See My Feedback

I think it would be a REAL shame for POP to not be completed. Especially after making the Star Sisters. If they made unmade figures such as Adora and the Starsisters, then they should really be sure to make all of the unique characters that were in the vintage POP line. Even JLU still has some stuff coming out this year, long after the line was cancelled, so I have faith that POP will be completed - in as much as seeing all the characters that got vintage figures be made. And I bet we'll get all the She-Ra and Catra versions that were made, minus the Fantastic Fashions.
    PRAISE HESTIA!!!

"Yep! And now I'm gonna blast ya!"

- Orko to Skeletor in "Lessons"