Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiered stands for MOTUC-what do you think?

Heroic Warrior

Tiered stands for MOTUC-what do you think?

According to the Snake Mountain stands reviews from theFwoosh and Pixel Dan and the overall negative feedback from fans, would you like tiered stands, that are stackable like the WWE ones?

I think they are great for fans with little room.

Heroic Warrior
    I would prefer the resources be put towards figures and vehicles instead.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    Something I've wanted since the first stands. I like to have all my characters visible. A tiered system would do just that. from back row to front all would be seen. unlike having all at same level.
    Wish List: Eldor, Skeleton Warriors, King Argho, Horde Wraiths, Kobolds, Prahvus, Lord Masque, Rock Monster, Gen. Tartaran, Evil Seed, Carnivorous Plant, Lizard-Man, Hawke, Crimson Fury, Melaktha, Spinwit, Ra-Jarr, Kelclar, King Miro, Dare, Missile-Toe, Sh'gora, Vizar, Harpy, ABC Giants, Lodar, Dragoon, Darius, Negator, Masks of Power Demons, Slob-Boar, Bubblor, Three-Beast, Nocturna

Put me down for tiered stands.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by kylun flac View Post
    Something I've wanted since the first stands. I like to have all my characters visible. A tiered system would do just that. from back row to front all would be seen. unlike having all at same level.
    Yeah, I have a stair-like display, but tiered stands would absolutely work for me...

Tiered stands would be wonderful.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Heroic Warrior
    Yes. I'd like tiered stands.

Hopefully green bricked but even a wooden, medieval bleecher look would be nice.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I have to agree, I want a battleram, and roton... pretty bad at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I have to agree, I want a battleram, and roton... pretty bad at this point.
    Same here - If you want tiered stands there are plenty alternatives - just look at the 'collection' thread to see some. More vehicles please!! :-)
    Creative web design studio from London - Handcrafted pixels since 2004

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    My thoughts exactly...
    There's plenty of display systems out there to accommodate everyone's needs...
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Yes I would like some. No I do not have confidence in Mattel's ability to produce good, worthy stands (for either standing or flying figures).

I'd be up for it. I've already created something like this for my display, but something MOTU-themed and uniform would be welcome.

master of hiphop
    great idea for the loose collector
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Yes, I absolutely would love tiered stands.

The MattyCollector WWE Deluxe Tiered Stands are AWESOME. A system like this, but themed for MOTUC would be PERFECT.

I love the idea of the tiered stands to maximize displayability room on my shelves. At this rate, I'm running out of room. A tiered figure stand system would be great for me, because I would be able to better see the figures in the back rows.

I expressed my love for the WWE stands with Scott after my review, and he told me he was already planning to ask MOTUC fans if they'd like to see something similar. So definitely good that we have a thread for this. If we want them, let's let them know!

Also, me saying I want these stands does not mean I don't want vehicles and figures. I also don't think making stands like this would take away from the possibility of getting those.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Master of Gardening MOTU_Maniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Yes, I absolutely would love tiered stands.

The MattyCollector WWE Deluxe Tiered Stands are AWESOME. A system like this, but themed for MOTUC would be PERFECT.

I love the idea of the tiered stands to maximize displayability room on my shelves. At this rate, I'm running out of room. A tiered figure stand system would be great for me, because I would be able to better see the figures in the back rows.

I expressed my love for the WWE stands with Scott after my review, and he told me he was already planning to ask MOTUC fans if they'd like to see something similar. So definitely good that we have a thread for this. If we want them, let's let them know!

Also, me saying I want these stands does not mean I don't want vehicles and figures. I also don't think making stands like this would take away from the possibility of getting those.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I just put up new shelves and am already running out of room!! Tiered stands would allow me to have several rows of figures and the ability to see all of their lovely faces.
    CONGRATS to the 7 Lucky Winners of my
    FREE Club Etheria Sub Figure Giveaway!!!

Double Mischief = Minor
    Madame Razz = Uncle Jake
    Entrapta = SorceressSon
    October figure = SunDevil
    November figure = Ealo
    December figure = yodafreakmaster
    Light Hope SUB EXCLUSIVE = McLaughlin2778

Yes ...now that something i can get behind!!!that would be fantastic!!!
    "I DENY YOU THE NIDUS!!"

Heroic Warrior
    Exactly what I was going to say !

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

This. Do anyone really think, that simple stands replace a vehicle? Things like Granamyr replaces a vehicle

I watched Dan's review of the WWE stands (which someone should add to the first post here btw) and they look and work great BUT are too expensive to use effectively especially for the larger size and large number of characters in MOTUC.

Dan, you should post pics of MOTUC and the DCUC figures filling up the WWE stands to see if those would work for either line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I watched Dan's review of the WWE stands (which someone should add to the first post here btw) and they look and work great BUT are too expensive to use effectively especially for the larger size and large number of characters in MOTUC.

Dan, you should post pics of MOTUC and the DCUC figures filling up the WWE stands to see if those would work for either line.

They cost 15$ you can put 12 figures on it...Maybe the Snake Mountain stands will also cost 15 bucks... I think, those WWE stands are more worth their price, because of their ability to combine, than the Snake Mountain bases...
    Last edited by Berserker79; April 18, 2012 at 04:57pm.

I wasn't even aware those WWE stands existed until seeing this thread and PD's review. Personally, I already use a clear plastic 3-tiered display stand for my Marvel figures, but the stackable and customizable WWE stands are a fantastic idea. The only thing I'm not crazy about is the individual spaces for the figures rather than one long piece with foot pegs or something, because I can imagine with the size of MOTU figures it'd be really difficult to cram everyone in with the current design.

But I love how they're stackable and how you can offset them slightly. Pretty much what I've always wanted for my displays. In fact, if it's at all possible PD, I'd really love to see some other figures on those stands (Marvel/DC/whatever) to see how it looks!

I would support them! It would help me conserve space ALOT more for displays. I think the best way is to make something like the WWE stands they make atm. Just cast them as rocks, an sell them in green an purple... no muss no fuss...

I know I would buy them...

But if it dosent happen I will just be buying a ton of the WWE ones to use in there place.

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    $15 is expensive, but not too expensive imo. I've been looking for good "tiered" stands for a long time. I bought some of those cool acrylic stands that Val and the gang used in their glass detolf cases at Power-Con. Those are nice, but cost $30 each for the small stands. And, they ended up being too tall for my shelves, totally defeating their purpose.

The WWE stands seem to be the best and most effective stands I've seen so far that give me the effect I want. Only problem is that the WWE figures and DCUC figures are a smaller scale than MTOUC, and these are a bit too small for those and don't work as well. That's why I think it'd be great to get some themed and built specifically for MOTUC.

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    But I love how they're stackable and how you can offset them slightly. Pretty much what I've always wanted for my displays. In fact, if it's at all possible PD, I'd really love to see some other figures on those stands (Marvel/DC/whatever) to see how it looks!
    Sure! I'll play around with thema nd try to get some pictures posted!
    Last edited by Pixel Dan; April 18, 2012 at 04:51pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Berserker79 View Post
    http://blip.tv/pixelstoplastic/matte...review-6027584

They cost 15$ you can put 12 figures on it...Maybe the Snake Mountain stands will also cost 15 bucks... I think, those WWE stands are more worth their price, because of their ability to combine, than the Snake Mountain bases...
    But to actually take advantage of the tiers, you only get 9 spots right? So adding and extra $1.67 plus tax and shipping each to our collection that is what, 60, 70+ already? Sure, you don't have to buy enough for all and I'd love to see what Matty might come up with, it's just a little more expensive than I'd hoped.

I am not interested in tiered stands like the WWE ones. I display my figures in very dramatic poses using the Grayskull stands. The tiered stands don't give them enough room to be posed and make it look like they're all posing for a class photo.

Yes, the deco could have been better on the SM stands and they should have limited the lava to a stripe down the middle or just a small part of a corner so it didn't' look like a figure was standing in lava, but I will order at least two sets for my Evil Warriors.