Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Tiered stands for MOTUC-what do you think?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    But to actually take advantage of the tiers, you only get 9 spots right? So adding and extra $1.67 plus tax and shipping each to our collection that is what, 60, 70+ already? Sure, you don't have to buy enough for all and I'd love to see what Matty might come up with, it's just a little more expensive than I'd hoped.
    I know, what you mean, but such a system would solve some display problems.

I am not interested in buying tiered stands for MOTUC. You would need quite a few to stack high enough to achieve the tiered look and at $15 per pack of 12 I don't think they're worth it. Especially when you could be stacking 2-3 under each figure.

Color me interested!
    I'd be all for it!

I think it opens opportunities to make them feel more "environmental" too. Not just some stands but blocks of rock, a hint of a door, arch ways or a window for Grayskull. A monster rock or spikes for Snake Mountain.

Could be really cool I think!
    We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing. -George Bernard Shaw
    Nate Baertsch Illustration Blog

Heroic Warrior
    Count me in as someone who would buy multiples of these for MOTUC.

I think the best way to go would be to make them look like a rocky cliff or Grayskull bricks. They would then be able to fit together like the WWE stands if designed well and could be released in the main faction colors of weathered Green, Purple, Olive, Crystal Pink. . .Central Tower blue maybe. They'd have to be MUCH larger than the WWE stands though to fit the likes of Whiplash, Buzz-Off, Webstor, Draego-Man, Spector's Ego (I kid on that last one )

I'd try them out if they made some for Masters.

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I would prefer the resources be put towards figures and vehicles instead.
    Agreed, but if they would consider new stands I would go for tiered stands all the way!
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

The REAL Mo-Larr yodafreakmaster's Avatar
    Ottumwa Iowa - The Video Game Capital of the World
    I would be all over these! It would be cool if they were in Grayskull design and SM design (preferably with a slight purple wash).

I've wanted to see these for the MOTUC line since they were announced for WWE. I'd spring for them anyway if not for the WWE logos on them.
    Stay free my Misery

I'd be up for something like these.

I saw some nifty tiered "stairs" at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my wife the other day-I'm planning on getting some of those so my figures aren't just crowded in together. I'd really like to see something official though!

Oh, I still want playsets and vehicles.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I saw some nifty tiered "stairs" at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my wife the other day-I'm planning on getting some of those so my figures aren't just crowded in together. I'd really like to see something official though!
    I am going to have to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond now in order to look. Where in the store were they located?
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 19, 2012 at 05:33pm.
    As we express our gratitude,
    we must never forget that
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Come from the land of the ice and snow...
    Sounds like a good opportunity for a third party.

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am going to have to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond now in order to look. Where in the store were they located?
    I use these for my Marvel and Doctor Who figures. They are near the spice racks, I believe.

They look like this:

After I bought them, I saw these by Linus which look cool, though I'm not sure they have enough width for MOTUC figures

I've also gotten these and I use them for my MU figures. I got them really cheap at Tuesday Morning. But they are a little difficult to stand things on and only really work for smaller figures.

Coming Soon. My line of 5.5'' action figures. EonQuest.com
    fwww.facebook.com/eonquest
    www.twitter.com/eon_quest

That's them! About 15" long, right? I thought I could sticky-tack some faction logos onto the steps, too. (Stickers could work, too, but would be more permanent.)
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTU Minis 2015!!!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    Wow...hey, those actually look nice. Bed, Bath, and Beyond you say? About how much are they? I may have to swing by there now...
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I saw some nifty tiered "stairs" at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my wife the other day-I'm planning on getting some of those so my figures aren't just crowded in together.
    I found these clear acrylic risers at the Container Store and I use them for my DCUC figures. They work exceptionally well for MOTUC, too. They're about 1 1/2 feet long.

They're pricey, but they look super nice.
    Last edited by Howlor; April 19, 2012 at 06:43pm. Reason: Added info

^ I think those are the exact ones I use, too. I have another 3-tier shelf from BB&B but it's white instead of clear, but the good thing is that it extends so you can shorten or lengthen it if you want.

I wish the clear ones stacked or went together somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I use these for my Marvel and Doctor Who figures. They are near the spice racks, I believe.

After I bought them, I saw these by Linus which look cool, though I'm not sure they have enough width for MOTUC figures

I've also gotten these and I use them for my MU figures. I got them really cheap at Tuesday Morning. But they are a little difficult to stand things on and only really work for smaller figures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    I found these clear acrylic risers at the Container Store and I use them for my DCUC figures. They work exceptionally well for MOTUC, too. They're about 1 1/2 feet long.

They're pricey, but they look super nice.
    Wow. Lots of great info! Thanks guys!!!
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I would prefer the resources be put towards figures and vehicles instead.
    Yes! I think after all these attempts and headaches from time to time let's stick with the figures and not further Mattel any more reasons to pull the plug on this! As we all know we have enough trouble with the figures alone at times. And considering the scale of the fig's, I wouldn't even be so hurt if they didn't do vehicles ( though I would love Battle Ram, Attack Trak and the Talon Fighter )!

Quote Originally Posted by He-Dude View Post
    Sounds like a good opportunity for a third party.
    Where's SpyMonkey??? I heard these guys are starting to grow in a good way!
    Last edited by Nemisythe; April 19, 2012 at 08:05pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I would love it if the made a similar design with Grayskull bricks sculpted on and a round tower that attaches to the back for the sorceress to stand on. Then they could move on to Snake Mountain, Fright Zone, and Crystal Castle designs. Or they could even make the tiers more nuatral and use add on pieces and colors to differentiate them. Like the tower of Grayskull, Snake Mtn rock formations with flowing lava, the tree from the Fright Zone, and trees from Whispering Woods on the POP one. A palace room with two thrones would be cool too.

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Ive been Using Tiered Stands for over two years, and coulnt live without em, where space is a premium I think they are Vital.

ka
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

Bed, Bath & Beyond... I know we have an equivalent here. Or is it the same name?

@Ka - Where did you find these stands? In particular, (are they all the same?) the stand in the last pic?

They look just like what i need!
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Ghost In The Machine Staff Of Ka's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    Bed, Bath & Beyond... I know we have an equivalent here. Or is it the same name?

@Ka - Where did you find these stands? In particular, (are they all the same?) the stand in the last pic?

They look just like what i need!
    Hiya, yep they are all the same stands , about $15 each. Am at work now but will send you the link later!
    THE LINK BELOW IS THE TIME THE NEXT MOTUC FIGURE GO'S ON SALE!

http://www.time.gov/timezone.cgi?Eastern/d/-5

[/CENTER]

I'm up for MOTUC Tiered stands IF they have right measures.
    With MOTUC those steps should be 3" - 3½" and width: 14", so they go to Detolf cases and they have room for 4 figures per row.
    Pricepoint: max. $15

Right now I have two Detolfs for MOTUC, so I would buy 8 stands with those dimensions right away!

Last edited by Tuukka; April 20, 2012 at 09:11am.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

I think it's a great idea though I fear their cost.

One thing I've done in the past is painted some 2x4's and used them as steps for figure displays. I'll see if I can get a picture of some of the one's I've done up. They actually don't look too bad painted up and they're cheap.
    Right or wrong, buying a sub tells Mattel you want more MOTUC figures. Not buying does tells them you don't. Don't let MOTUC end early because you might not like their marketing strategy! Plus polls show you won't regret subbing!

One of the true fan minority - happy MOTU fans!

www.marveltoys.net - the source for marvel figure information.

Quote Originally Posted by Seril View Post
    I think it's a great idea though I fear their cost.

One thing I've done in the past is painted some 2x4's and used them as steps for figure displays. I'll see if I can get a picture of some of the one's I've done up. They actually don't look too bad painted up and they're cheap.
    You know, I was just thinking about this last night after pricing some of the plastic stands. I would love to see some pics of your display.
    the highest appreciation
    is not to utter words,
    but to live by them.

~John F. Kennedy