Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Tiered stands for MOTUC-what do you think?

Evil Horde Poison Master! Mr_Yuck's Avatar
    I'd love to see some tiered stands myself. Before I had to move last year I was using those BB&B stands in the Detolf cabinets and they worked fantastically. I agree though I would like to see them themed with respective factions.
    Most wanted: Blast attack, Entrapta, Lodar, Peekablue, Twistoid and Tung Lashor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from iOS app

Snappy Threader
    I would love to see them, and I think we will be getting them sooner than later. Just a hunch. If they can make them for WWE, they can make them for MOTU as well. Here is hoping.

I'd like to see a tiered stand for MOTUC. I bought a bunch for my WWE figs and I like how they look on those stands. Seeing the MOTUC figures who are all so colorful on stands like those would be great!!

Hexcellent Horror Hostess
    I'd dig some tiered stands. I picked up some clear acrylic ones and they look great. Only problem is, if a figure falls it takes others with them and they all go for a tumble together.
    PENNY DREADFUL'S SHILLING SHOCKERS
    Weekly hosted horror, sci-fi, suspense, and fantasy films!
    On television scare-waves throughout Haunted New England

OFFICIAL WEBSITE
    http://www.shillingshockers.com

It is not where I am that matters, it is when
    I want tiered stands, or rather, a tiered base with pegs to put the figures on. Similar to how those "stairs" you see people have on their shelves in pictures, but with pegs for the holes in the feet to plug into (and hopefully actually fit).
    Can someone PM me the US number for Matty? I want to talk to someone who might has a clue of what is going on.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I saw some nifty tiered "stairs" at Bed, Bath, and Beyond with my wife the other day-I'm planning on getting some of those so my figures aren't just crowded in together. I'd really like to see something official though!
    Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I am going to have to go to Bed, Bath, and Beyond now in order to look. Where in the store were they located?
    Quote Originally Posted by JonWes View Post
    I use these for my Marvel and Doctor Who figures. They are near the spice racks, I believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    That's them! About 15" long, right? I thought I could sticky-tack some faction logos onto the steps, too. (Stickers could work, too, but would be more permanent.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    Wow...hey, those actually look nice. Bed, Bath, and Beyond you say? About how much are they? I may have to swing by there now...
    I went to my Bed, Bath, and Beyond today and bought 13 of these "tiered stands". These Copco Non-Skid Cabinet Organizers are $7.99 each and measure 15" W x 9" D x 3 1/2" H. They work GREAT for my figures!!!!

Attachment 75337
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

13??? Wowzers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Balthus Dire View Post
    13??? Wowzers!!
    Yeah, I needed that many or more, but all they had was Lucky 13. lol.

I went to my Bed, Bath, and Beyond today and bought 13 of these "tiered stands". These Copco Non-Skid Cabinet Organizers are $7.99 each and measure 15" W x 9" D x 3 1/2" H. They work GREAT for my figures!!!!
    And now I have about 50% more space AND I can see all of my figures!!!
    Last edited by MOTU_Maniac; April 22, 2012 at 11:08am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    Buy a bunch of old VHS tapes and stack them up. It would be rather cheap, especially at a yard sale or thrift store that has piles of them no one wants.

You mean with MOTUC? Could you take a picture, I think those steps are too low for my taste.
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Attachment 75337

And now I have about 50% more space AND I can see all of my figures!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuukka View Post
    You mean with MOTUC? Could you take a picture, I think those steps are too low for my taste.
    Sure thing Tuukka! Here is a picture using the "Tiered Stands" from Bed, Bath, and Beyond for my MOTUC and Ghostbusters. Also note, on my MOTUC I haven't even started using the last row of the stands yet, so still plenty of room to expand.

$15 is expensive, but not too expensive imo. I've been looking for good "tiered" stands for a long time. I bought some of those cool acrylic stands that Val and the gang used in their glass detolf cases at Power-Con. Those are nice, but cost $30 each for the small stands. And, they ended up being too tall for my shelves, totally defeating their purpose.

The WWE stands seem to be the best and most effective stands I've seen so far that give me the effect I want. Only problem is that the WWE figures and DCUC figures are a smaller scale than MTOUC, and these are a bit too small for those and don't work as well. That's why I think it'd be great to get some themed and built specifically for MOTUC.

Sure! I'll play around with thema nd try to get some pictures posted!
    Have you seen the 3 tier stands made by US Acrylic? They are shorter (3.5" tall) and longer (18") than the ones used at Power-Con and much less expensive! I just ordered four for my vintage loose collection. PM me if you are interested and I can tell you where I bought them.
    shelf.png
    Last edited by beastor; April 23, 2012 at 02:57pm.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

Those are the same ones I use. I got them at The Container Store for $15 a pop, but they have them in their online store too. Here's a link back to my post with the link (whoa, meta) to the online store.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlor View Post
    Those are the same ones I use. I got them at The Container Store for $15 a pop, but they have them in their online store too. Here's a link back to my post with the link (whoa, meta) to the online store.
    I got mine on eBay but found them somewhere else for $9.99. I can't post the link here so PM me if you want to where know I found them.

Edit - big ups to San Ramon. I went to high school there!
    Last edited by beastor; April 23, 2012 at 11:28pm.
    My sell/trade list - vintage 80's toys - adding stuff all the time! http://www.blujay.com/beastor

My feedback thread. http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=202525

My want list http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...70#post2849070

I hold the sword Fisto's Left Hand's Avatar
    I tried using the Copco Non-Skid Cabinet Organizers awhile back, but they didn't work well with the bookcases I use, so I went ahead and built my own. They still aren't painted in this pic, but I'll get around to it.

101_0353.jpg
    Our goal is to make sure all MOTU collectors can get these new figures.
    -What the Fans Want to Know Round 3

Good trades: JohnnyTyler, tattoojunkie74

Freelance Gynecologist masterenglish's Avatar
    These are great. Anything that saves space AND helps display your figures better is pure win!

Tiered stands seem to be the way to go displaying these guys. Just too much room being used up standing these figs side by side. I support a WWE type of MOTUC stand.
    FILMATION

Sure! I'll play around with thema nd try to get some pictures posted!

Yo P-Dizzle, any luck with those pics?

Snappy Threader
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Kain View Post
    I want tiered stands, or rather, a tiered base with pegs to put the figures on. Similar to how those "stairs" you see people have on their shelves in pictures, but with pegs for the holes in the feet to plug into (and hopefully actually fit).
    A tiered base with pegs would be super cool. Mattel would probably charge 40 bucks for a set (or more) but if done right, in Castle Grayskull and Snake Mountain colors, that would rock!!!

I have the 3-tier stands from BBB --- they're not flashy like the acrylic ones, but the price is right and they get the job done.

I'd love to get some of those clear acrylic ones though --- my friend has these US Acrylic Cabinet Organizers and they look nice!

I fully support MOTUC tiered stands, but IDK if its cost effective, but I'd def get a couple I think.
    Odds, Bobs, Hammer and Tongs!

We are actively looking into stackable stands maybe as early as 2014.
    Cool that they are considering these, but I hope we get them sooner.

+Plus they need to have samekind of plugs than regular stands have and we can choose the hole to put it. That's a good idea.

TOYGURU -> DO NOT GO CHEAP WITH THOSE PLUGS COUNT WISE, THEY DON'T COST ANYTHING !!!
    MOTUC needs:Tung Lashor, Rio-Blast and rest of the Hordes!

WANTED: Minicomics !!! Swords NEEDED !!! MY FEEDBACK

Heroic Warrior
    Good news, I personally would want only one peg molded into the form, like the WWE or DCUC stands...

I think generic stands can look awesome, and a stackable system would solve me some space issues...

I used one of those Bed Bath and Beyond shelf organizers to mock up a Grayskull tiered stand with added balcony to show what I meant about making a base one then changing it up by adding something specific to each faction. Maybe the tree and jail cell for the Horde, Skeletor's throne and some pointed rock formations for the Evil Warriors, and colored crystals and maybe a diorama of Light Hope at the top for the Great Rebellion. It would be cool if they could be configured like the WWE stands, of course these ones can't but ideally that would be the best for display options.

All together with Heroic Warriors

Balcony can be displayed separately:

Tiered stands without the balcony:

An interesting idea, and one that I'm for with the understanding that resources WOULDN'T be drained from the existing lineup. On a side note…I like the Snake Mountain stands. They work for me…and in general look better than the Grayskull stands.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!