Thread: Cerastes - The Fallen God

Cerastes - The Fallen God

A whole new "villain" and enemy of "King Hiss"

The son of Serpos

The true (biological) son of Serpos, and also once the Snakemen God of War, Cerastes tried to take over his father's position as the Lord of the Snake Gods after he grew tired of the amount of time Serpos was spending with the young King Hiss. His coup failed and he was stripped of his godly powers, except for his longevity and a portion of his strength (rivaling that of He-Man) and was banished to the mortal realm to live out the rest of eternity. He now uses his military knowledge and his many centuries of experience to wage a war against Serpos and anyone else who stands in his way of getting his revenge and reclaiming his Godhood...including He-Man.

In order to achieve his goals Cerastes has built an army, composed of outcasts from the many races across Eternia so that his army, unlike King Hiss', is made up of more than just Snakemen. This is due to him not being a racist like King Hiss (or his father Serpos).

Or as Cerastes would say

"If you follow my orders, I don't care what species you are."
    Last edited by wolfsfang; March 5, 2014 at 07:01am.
    Take a look at my attempts at coloring

and if you get the chance

Check out my Deviant Art Gallery

Heroic Warrior
    interesting story and concept.

Nice character design.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I like him.

Quote Originally Posted by midor View Post
    interesting story and concept.

Nice character design.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I like him.
    Of course you do, he is awesome

Sick! I love it! I love the slogan as well. I'd like to see some more character development on this guy. Good job!
    Praise the Emperor and pass the ammunition - for one that will not cure, the other will!

Chicagoland He-Fan or She-Raver? Join the NEW Horde at The Fright Zone! http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...php?groupid=88
    Check out my band, CRUSADER http://crusaderwarmachine.bandcamp.c...rd-into-battle

you want more character development?

How does the introduction of one of his Generals suit you?

A guy who made his first debut on the org back in 2010 (here)

The body part assimilating -

RAVENOUS

Cruelly and painfully experimented on by King Hiss in his attempts to create the perfect warrior, the Snakeman that would become known as Ravenous, grew to hate his master. So when the chance arose he broke free and escaped. For years he used his powers to attack King Hiss' loyal followers and ruin any plans his former King had cooking. This attracted the attention of the fallen God of War, Cerastes, who also hated Hiss as much as Ravenous.

Cerastes offered him a place in his army which Ravenous accepted. He has loyally served his new master ever since.

Due to the experiments performed on him by King Hiss, Ravenous now has the unique ability to temporarily assimilate the DNA of any being / creature he consumes (wholly or partially) and use it to alter his own genetic structure to give himself certain traits of that character (whether that means growing new body parts or changing ones he already has)...albeit only temporarily. His only limitation being that he can only grow one body part from any one creature at a time, for example if he has used Andreenid DNA to give himself their wings he can't also have Andreenid eyes at the same time. He can however mix and match parts from different creatures / races such as Andreenid wings with Qadian claws.

His power also gives him a never ending hunger, this being the source of his new name.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 13, 2013 at 10:11am.

and now another follower of Cerastes.

A large and imposing Spelean, Wargoyle is most happy on the battlefield where he can fill his lust for blood and carnage, his body a scarred temple to the many battles he has took part in. Anyone who has been lucky enough to survive one of his attacks will never be the same again, especially if they bear witness to his most vile tradition...the eating of the dead (including any of his own race)
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 13, 2013 at 10:14am.

A somewhat unofficial member of Cerastes' army.

The master spy / thief

SCIURIDOS

A member of the Muridon race (the race I invented when I created Lord Rodantus), Sciuridos had always been a prodigious climber and acrobat and would frequently explore the more dangerous areas of their underground home. He would also combine these skills with his expertise in pick pocketing and lock picking to make a name for himself as a master thief. Eventually less savory characters began to hear of his skills and would hire him to do different jobs such as stealing and spying. Sciuridos, however, drew the line at assassination, preferring to shy away from violence at possible, and only fighting if cornered and had no other choice.

As his reputation grew he found himself summoned to a mysterious client, a large imposing Snakeman named Cerastes (who claimed to be the Cerastes who was the God of War). Sciuridos was not the interested in whether or not this was true, all he cared about was the pay and it was good, very good. Eventually he became the go to guy for Cerastes whenever the Fallen God needed something stolen or an enemy spied on, to the point where Sciuridos became a regular sight at Cerastes' camp and was regarded by most there as an unofficial member of the army (tho Sciuridos still prefers to see himself as freelance and will work for anyone who is willing to pay him)

With the money he has made so far he has bought a large house in the capital city of the Caligar's, citing his reasons as a fondness for their food and a (strange) interest in their women.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 13, 2013 at 10:12am.

All good God's of War (ok ex-God of War) needs someone to control their Navy and Cerastes has found his perfect underling to do just that

CAPTAIN VISKIS

Born with a rare genetic mutation that meant his gills only worked in salt water (sea water), unlike the other Mer-Folk of Eternia, Viskis's childhood was far from a happy one. While he could also breathe on land, as all Mer-Folk can, he was just as vulnerable to drowning in fresh water as any ordinary land based person. This of course led the other kids to tease and ridicule him and left Viskis feeling bitter and resentful and swearing that he would show them all by becoming rich and powerful.

Then one day, when he was a young teenager, he discovered some ancient ruins at the bottom of the ocean. They had been hidden for centuries until an earthquake revealed their entrance. Inside he discovered what could only be described as a Spear-Axe held fast in the hand of a large imposing statue. The statue was old and cracked, parts had fallen off and it was in a terrible state, yet the Spear-Axe still looked shiny and new.

Viskis took the weapon and swam home with it, hiding it away. Sneaking out each night to "play" with it he soon discovered that it had granted him the control the viscosity and stickiness of the sea water around him, letting him change it from a liquid to a solid (without it getting ice cold) and anything inbetween. His abilities growing over the years and he learned to master it.

Realizing the potential to get rich with such a power he decided to use it to become the most feared pirate on Eternia. With a small bunch of men by his side he would cause ships to stop by turning the sea around them into a thick stick jelly like substance. Then he and his fellow pirates would board the ships and help themselves to any treasure. If anyone tried to fight back they would be thrown into the jelly like sea water and held fast until the spell wore out. Over the years his infamy grew, as did his pirate crew, until eventually he had a small fleet of ships that filled the hearts of any sailors with dread if they were ever spotted.

Life was finally good for Viskis

Then one day he was approached by Cerastes. The fallen God had been following his exploits in secret and had decided that Viskis would be a great addition to his growing army. So he offered him the one thing he knew would make Viskis follow him... a LOT of money, more then he could make in a hundred years of pirating.

Now with his power over the water Captain Viskis commands respect as the head of Cerastes' own private navy.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 13, 2013 at 10:12am.

Co-Creator of the NV
    I really like the design of Viskis' weapon. Someday an Eternia/Etheria crossover with him and Seahawk would be good.

These are great wolfsfang I love the whole Idea and all the characters

Awesome job wolf. I like the squirrel the best. Now ya need a Raccoon.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Dad View Post
    I'd settle for a monkey or a 2 head snake warrior/stratigist. aka a snake version of two badd

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Latveria View Post
    I really like the design of Viskis' weapon. Someday an Eternia/Etheria crossover with him and Seahawk would be good.
    Thanks. I thought he needed something unique, especially seeing as it was the source of his power.

Quote Originally Posted by michaelAschamp View Post
    These are great wolfsfang I love the whole Idea and all the characters
    Happy to hear it and glad you like them

I'd settle for a monkey or a 2 head snake warrior/stratigist. aka a snake version of two badd
    All a possibility. Tho isn't there already a 2 headed Snakeman created by another org member?

----

just a fun bit of info about Cerastes. He is actually named after this snake

Which was named a Cerastes after a creature from Greek legend http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cerastes
    Last edited by wolfsfang; August 16, 2013 at 03:28pm.

You wanted a Raccoon based character???

Okay

Introducing

Once a "business" rival of Sciuridos' the thief named Proctus gained quite a reputation for himself as someone who was not afraid to get his hands dirty in order to complete a job, or escape with his loot. It was this fact that led to him getting offers of work as an assassin for hire. Realizing there was quite a lot of money to be made in this area Proctus didn't have to think twice before agreeing.

Using the stealthy skills he had honed over the years as a master thief, Proctus would silently stalk his targets and quietly dispatch them, leaving no trace of his involvement. Only those that hung around the dark seedy underside of Eternia knew who he was and what he was capable of.

Naturally he eventually caught the attention of Cerastes. Being a war god Cerastes usually preferred the more direct approach to dealing with his enemies, but he knew that some times stealth was the more effective idea. So to this end he offered Proctus a job, three times his usual pay per target to work exclusively for Cerastes for as long as the Fallen God had use of him.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 13, 2013 at 10:13am.

Awesome job. Thanks Wolf. I gotta new fav!

Great new characters. Keep up the good work.
    Top Ten MOTUC wants Sagitar, Lizard Man, Tung Lashor, Mermista, Sssqueeze, Ninjor, Great Black Wizard, Fang-or, Dragstor, Peekablue

Awesome job. Thanks Wolf. I gotta new fav!
    I thought you would like it. Tho I guess now I have to do a Monkey and a two headed Snakeman

Quote Originally Posted by Zargon View Post
    Great new characters. Keep up the good work.
    Thanks. There are more to come (as soon as I draw them and come up with a suitable bio)

Yet another request. This time it is the Twins of Terror...the Sorcerous Siblings

HYDRAX and PYTHOS

Hydrax (red eyes) and Pythos (yellow eyes) are conjoined twins that were raised by warrior monks at the Temple of Cerastes. There they grew up in service to the God of War, preparing for his inevitable return and rise to power. While they, like all that lived in the temple, were trained to handle a sword and shield effectively, they also discovered that they had a natural affinity for magic and decided to concentrate their studies in this area. While they could both cast different spells simultaneously they discovered their power was at its most potent when they both concentrated all their magic into the same spell, allowing them to power up a simple fire spell into a raging inferno or a spell to conjure up a few snow flakes into a a tremendous blizzard.

It was then that Pythos began to hear the call. A voice whispering to him in the darkness, telling him that their master was returning...and soon. When he told the monks what he had heard they were overjoyed for it seemed that Pythos was a "listener" a being able to hear and understand the thoughts of the Gods, even a Fallen one such as Cerastes.

A few short months later Cerastes himself appeared at the temple. The time for his return had come and he had come seeking willing followers, the monks were naturally overjoyed to see their god and pledged their undying service. While he was more than pleased to welcome them to his ever growing army it was Hydrax and Pythos that interested him most of all, he knew that their mastery of the mystic arts could serve him well and the fact that Pythos could "listen" to him just made him even more determined that they should join him.
    Last edited by wolfsfang; October 13, 2013 at 10:13am.

Heroic Warrior
    YAH! I got my precious two headed snake man.

But I wasn't expecting this.

That is a pretty wild and original concept you have there.

I like the bio to.

and just for you wolf....ahem......

nice. blah blah blah 10 chars blah blah

Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang View Post
    Yet another request. This time it is the Twins of Terror...the Sorcerous Siblings

HYDRAX and PYTHOS

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b2...pseaa42c13.jpg

Hydrax (red eyes) and Pythos (yellow eyes) are conjoined twins that were raised by warrior monks at the Temple of Cerastes. There they grew up in service to the God of War, preparing for his inevitable return and rise to power. While they, like all that lived in the temple, were trained to handle a sword and shield effectively, they also discovered that they had a natural affinity for magic and decided to concentrate their studies in this area. While they could both cast different spells simultaneously they discovered their power was at its most potent when they both concentrated all their magic into the same spell, allowing them to power up a simple fire spell into a raging inferno or a spell to conjure up a few snow flakes into a a tremendous blizzard.

It was then that Pythos began to hear the call. A voice whispering to him in the darkness, telling him that their master was returning...and soon. When he told the monks what he had heard they were overjoyed for it seemed that Pythos was a "listener" a being able to hear and understand the thoughts of the Gods, even a Fallen one such as Cerastes.

A few short months later Cerastes himself appeared at the temple. The time for his return had come and he had come seeking willing followers, the monks were naturally overjoyed to see their god and pledged their undying service. While he was more than pleased to welcome them to his ever growing army it was Hydrax and Pythos that interested him most of all, he knew that their mastery of the mystic arts could serve him well and the fact that Pythos could "listen" to him just made him even more determined that they should join him.

Asp'r the Contrarian SnakeMenPriest's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfsfang
    as soon as I draw them
    You drew these? I figured that, because the body parts look near identical to one another, that these were done with a HeroMaker.

--Asp'r
    In Kansas, it is a crime to eat rattlesnake meat in public.
    You are upsetting the blessing of the Snake God. ALL HAIL RATTLOR!!

Check out 2-bad's Original epic: Origins of The SnakeMen!

well, they look near identical for a good reason. It is because to save some time (and because they fit) I just copy and paste some of the body parts such as the hands and feet ( from my own pics that is) because MOTU is all about shared parts
    Last edited by wolfsfang; August 26, 2013 at 02:36pm.

Heroic Warrior
    just noticed.

All your character pictures are gone.

just noticed.

All your character pictures are gone.
    there ya go it should be fixed now