Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to Delay Stinkor's Release Until Forearms Corrected

Heroic Warrior

Petition to Delay Stinkor's Release Until Forearms Corrected

Dear Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich and Mattel Inc.,

We, the collectors of the Masters of the Universe Classics toy line, will not longer accept defective products. We have lived with backwards shoulders on King Hsss, Roboto and the original of He-Man figures, we have dealt with the exploding pelvis on The Goddess figure, and we have endured two right or two left front legs on the Swift Wind figure. These kinds of defects are not acceptable. The suggestion from Scott "Toyguru" Neitlich that the reversal of Stinkor's forearms was in fact purposeful is disingenuous and takes for granted consumer goodwill towards the Masters of the Universe Classics toy line. It is evident that this was yet another mistake as it does not adhere to the design of the Four Horsemen and the prototype figure they created. We feel that the language currently being used towards the reversal of Stinkor's forearms not only strains the credibility of your company, but that it is intended to preemptively dissuade product returns based on a defective product. If this was indeed a purposeful decision it demonstrates profound incompetence and should be rectified. Either way, our confidence as consumers of this toy line has been shaken, and we are demanding that the Stinkor figure is delayed until the reversed forearm issue is corrected. Thank you.

Sincerely,

Masters of the Universe Classics Collectors

Comparison picture (on the left is the prototype figure with correct forearms, on the right is the final figure with reversed forearms):

I support this petition.

MODERATOR EDIT: Please only post on this thread indicating your support/non-support for this petition. Please do not post multiple times. Warnings and Infractions will be given if in violation.
    Last edited by Executioner; April 20, 2012 at 05:43pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Heroic Warrior
    I support this cause...

I support this petition

escpacially when you have sub , and you know in advance that you are gonna pay for a deffective toy , makes the whole thing really annoying ...

Lol im sure yall do lol

Can anybody post a comparison pic?
    I'm not sure I understand the issue...

Thanks!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

I think it should be done....I mean they knew about it.....they did it on purpose, and it should be done the way the 4H intended.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post

Thanks!
    the forearms are swapped.

this is how it looks:

see how the fins point towards his back instead of away?

they are supposed to point outward like the fins on merman, skeletor and others. the secondary (primary for some) is that the muscles on the front side of his forearms (particularly the right forearm) don't look right. the right one has the bigger muscle on the wrong side making it look odd.

Heroic Warrior
    I support this petition!

I, like many fans, have supported this line through all the other parts reversing and quality control problems. All we've ever received from Mattel is empty assurances and lip service. Subscription sales declined this year. In just a few weeks Mattel plans to further violate the fans' trust by shipping yet another incorrectly assembled figure. It's not fair to the subscription holders to be locked into Mattel's mistakes. For the sake of 2013 subscription sales Mattel needs to make this right with fans and fix it. I support this petition.

Swapping the forearms was a mistake during production.
    I will not buy him, though heīs one of my favorites.

I support this petition.
    action features for action figures!

I support this petition. I'm not buying Stinkor over this. The arms look wonky.

I support this petition!
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

Heroic Warrior
    I support this petition!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by enoch View Post
    Lol im sure yall do lol
    Please respect the intention of this thread, which is not to discuss the issue, but simply to show support if you chose to show support. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post

Thanks!
    Comparison picture posted in original post. Can a Moderator please delete these posts, including my own? Thank you.

As much as I would love to see the arms fixed! It will never happen! It would be like talking to a brick wall! Scott gave his excuse. If you don't you will have to learn to live with it cause Scott never does what's right and fix mistakes like a real company would!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I fully support this. He looks really awkward.

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    I suppoprt this petition. i want my stinkor to look as perfect as possible!

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

I do not support this petition

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    I support this petition.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Shivering Isles resident diosoth's Avatar
    I support it. There's no excuse for this continued behavior beyond someone doing it on purpose.

Being one of those who complained up the wazoo about Matty and Scott and the poor business they do to their customers. I got tired of it! I got tired of being upset each month cause there was always something! Boycotting one figure is not going to hurt at all! All of you want to show Mattel that your tired of this? Don't buy a sub in July! Don't buy any figures at all! You buy a sub. You already supported the line! They got your money in their pocket! You want to show them that you mean business? Again Don't buy the sub! Don't support MOTUC! Cause boycotting 1 figure does not make them listen! They got this years of thousands of sub holders already in their pocket.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

I support this.

@Marvelous0ne

Yes, you are right, but this is why i donīt buy a sub. And it happens again and again and a thread like this is important to show Mattel that they have to change sth to create more sub buyers for future years. If they donīt care at all, ok then.

I will start with NOT buying STINKOR. And no sub for next year like i did this year, the reason is stuff like this.

But why do you questioning this thread? If you donīt want to support our opinion, you donīt have to!
    If you have given up, please let us just see how many collectors are still with us in that point and let us show it to Mattel.
    Last edited by Feast-Man; April 20, 2012 at 06:38pm.
    action features for action figures!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvelous0ne View Post
    Being one of those who complained up the wazoo about Matty and Scott and the poor business they do to their customers. I got tired of it! I got tired of being upset each month cause there was always something! Boycotting one figure is not going to hurt at all! All of you want to show Mattel that your tired of this? Don't buy a sub in July! Don't buy any figures at all! You buy a sub. You already supported the line! They got your money in their pocket! You want to show them that you mean business? Again Don't buy the sub! Don't support MOTUC! Cause boycotting 1 figure does not make them listen! They got this years of thousands of sub holders already in their pocket.
    He's right. The only way they would learn is if enough people quit the line entirely, not renewing subs, and by that time, the line may be cancelled due to lack of support. But as poor as CS, QC, and everything else has been, Not letting them have any more of our money would be the sensible thing to do, but most of us are hopelessly addicted to these things. If you have the will power and the sense to not take crap like this anymore, then just plain stop giving them your money, because they will never stop running things the way they do now. They have already made so many mistakes and promises to remedy these mistakes, and none of them ever hold true. For pete's sake, they still use digital river, a company that has lost them thousands maybe even 10's of thousands of dollars already and scared away many current and future customers. Try your boycott of one figure. See what it gets you. You never know. But just outright not giving them ANY money for poor service and product is the only thing that makes business or consumer sense, but that does not really apply in this case, as there is no alternative but "nothing."

The Scare is in the Glow! Scare Glow's Avatar
    I fully support the spirit of this petition.

I am voting with my wallet, as the saying goes - I will no longer buy product which doesn't meet expectations. I've already dropped my multi-subscriptions, no longer aspire to be a completist and am very selective of what I buy.