Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Petition to Delay Stinkor's Release Until Forearms Corrected

I support this petition!

Stinkor looked great at PowerCon and Toy Fair but the "intentional" forearm swap really hurts the overall look.

I also support OCTAVIA for the MOTUC line!
    Photobucket
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

I support this petition. Stinkor looks worse to me than any of the other reversed body parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I support this since Mattel made a very unnecessary and unrequested change, but Stinkor is either on the boat from China or already in the warehouse. There's no changing him now. They didn't do anything about King Hiss or Roboto so they aren't going to do anything here. The best I can hope for is to reissue all of those figures with the correctly assembled parts, but even that seems off the table for Mattel.
    I agree. I don't think he can be delayed as they have most certainly are packed up and awaiting shipment come May. I had to fix King Hiss myself (Thanks to Hunter Knight's tutorial) as I have heard he (or Roboto) will not be reissued with the corrected shoulders again (from Scott N. himself).

I totally support this petition.

Manage the brand of MOTU, "toy guru", don't brand it with your own ego or selfish decisions!
    NO DYLAMUG? WE DIAL A MOB!!

I do not support this petition.

Sure, i'll support this petition.

(although it's probably too late to make much of a difference...)

I also support this petition.

Do you guys thing we should also coordinate with the .dk sites? There may be some guys there that share the same sentiment.
    "If it looks like a duck, acts like a duck, and sounds like a duck, then it is a GAR "

Eternian Paparazzo prince.nothing's Avatar
    you have my support.

sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    I support this petition!

Heroic Razor-Edged Weapon Sword-of-Grayskull's Avatar
    I support this petition, and I'll go one further:

Scott Nietlich has told us time and again that swapped figure parts will no longer be a problem in this line. But we have them again. I say we subscribers start a class-action suit against Mattel for false advertising. They locked us into a sub on the basis of a lie.

Are you listening, ToyGuru? I'm not afraid to hold you legally accountable for your word. Even if we don't win the suit, how do you think Mattel will react to seeing how much trouble you've caused for them?
    "I look upon my powers as a gift, not mine alone but for anyone who needs them." (Superman: Peace on Earth)

GO FORWARD. Please support the Christopher Reeve Foundation by purchasing a set of Superman tags at www.ChristopherReeve.org

If nine hundred He-Man.Org members get eaten by Thundercats fans, but neither of them has a toyline, does it still count as a fan movement?

I support this petition
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Heroic Warrior
    I support this petition wholeheartedly !

I support this petition.
    I won't buy another defective product from mattel.
    This behavior is unaccepted. @&$#8%+(!!!!
    Ya Tengo El Poder!!!!!!

Human... Robot... Maniac Spacedust's Avatar
    While I support this in theory, the sad thing is we have even more pressing things to petition for.
    So many international collectors have not received anything for months now DR's terrible service, the poor QC... remind me why I love this line so much again?
    ~jay firestorm~
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pj-firesto...id=p4340.l2562 FS: MIB first release Classics, MIB 200x, COMPLETE VINTAGE FIGURE SET, 2009 SDCC Art Book, more...

I support this petition!
    Awesome sticker included!

I support the petition.

Too many vintage figures (and some of my favourite) have already been tainted with issues (reversed shoulders or breaking foam). Worst of all, Mattel doesn't even want to consider re-releasing them Should we add another vintage figure to that list?
    Evil Master of Thinking!

I support this and Octavia for a figure.

Heroic Warrior
    I totally support this petition. I would even wait a year or two to get a decent Stinkor.

You have my total support. This is another big failure

Recently moved to GA! Help! I need to know new people!
    I had to take a closer look and finally see what you mean. I support this petition as well.
    By the Power... and For the Honor of GRAYSKULL!!!
    HE-MAN and SHE-RA Rules!!!

"Frustration is only felt when one realizes there is an option!"
    - Ancient One (BeastMaster: The Series; Fifth Element)

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from MAGIC!
    - Clarke's Third Law

Heroic Warrior
    I support this petition!!!

I support the spirit of this petition, but I don't think for a second that anything will come of it. Mattel have shown time and again that they really don't give a monkies when it comes to their customer base. They are truly a bizarre organisation with business practices that utterly baffle me.
    Always in the market for Painted Backgrounds from the Filmation MOTU + She-Ra Toons, Bravestar, Blackstarr.

I just re-watched PixelDan's review of Stinkor, focusing on the forearms. After watching it I have to say I do NOT support this petition.

The picture shown in the original post looks off, but when I watch the figure in motion in PD's video I have to say that it doesn't bother me at all and I actually kind of like them reversed. I can see why they chose him to experiment with swapping the forearms, if this was indeed a conscious decisions. I would not want to delay this figure at all to swap them back. And the reality, as other's have said, is that this figure is produced and packaged by now and impossible to change. I mean, what are their options? Throw this shipment away and do a completely new run on Stinkor, or send back all of the stock, have the workers open them all, swap the arms, re-paint them, and then package them back up? Then do they just tape them back into the original packaging or do they re-print it and package them. The waste that would cause, even if the materials are recycled, is more irresponsible than any factory error IMO. (Does anyone actually know the recycling practices in China?).

If this is an error, my opinion is that it is not worth delaying the figure to fix, especially when you take into account the waste it would produce!

I support this petition, futile as it may be.

See my illustrations and designs @ DeviantART: http://pezbananadesign.deviantart.com/

My Feedback Thread: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/....php?p=2715534

=)

I do not support this petition. They are fine. And I do not want my figure delayed.

Heroic Warrior Ben Solstice-Moon's Avatar
    I DO NOT SUPPORT THIS PETITION.

I understand and respect your concerns, and if this were truly an "error" I would be upset. But it's the way they meant it to be to give a bit more life to "shared parts." Even if it is a clever "cover-up" as to an error, hey, I'm just thankful that MOTU is still on the market and am not going to push it.

If anyone else wants to support this, hey, go for it. Me? I'm going to enjoy my figure when it comes. If it's head was painted purple and green, well, yea, then I'd have a problem. Sharing and altering parts a little bit, intentional or not? Not an issue in my book. Those who look for perfection are always going to be disappointed. Feel free to disagree with me, but this is my opinion.