Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Realistic Ideas: How Can Mattel Improve the Sub Numbers in August?

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar

Realistic Ideas: How Can Mattel Improve the Sub Numbers in August?

We're coming up on the time when the subs go up and we see how good or bad the news is. What I hope we can do in this thread is suggest some realistic things Mattel can do to try and keep the subs from plummeting this year (and, yes, that is my perspective; not how to we raise the numbers, but how do we keep them from falling over the cliff). You can't make constructive suggestions with any chance of succeeding while ignoring the elephant with the disintegrating trunk in the room. So be warned, I'm not going to pull any punches where Matty's failings are concerned here (like anyone would expect me to, right?)

For the purposes of discussion, realistic means Mattel ain't getting rid of DR, and nothing substantive is going to change in how badly DR runs the site. This hasn't changed in all the years the site has been up, and it isn't going to change now. Empty promises from TG on things like the ineffectual switch to an American based CS team aren't going to make a difference. I'm basically assuming we'll be dealing with the same level of incompetence we have been. Pretty much, I'm talking damage control here, things that have some reasonable chance of being done given what we have now and things we know are not going to be fixed.

So:

1. Get the dang page allowing us to manage our own subs back up. Admittedly, this function basically makes us responsible for something Matty should be able to handle on its own, but I would rather take on that chore than leave things as they are. It would be a positive step, giving customers who feel very much at the mercy of Matty's miserable excuse for customer service something they could do to take some control of their fate. It also would, hopefully, prevent a third year in a row of people having their subs cancelled because DR charges the previous credit card on the second charge of the year. If nothing else, it would take away some of the feelings of helplessness I've seen expressed so many times by folks wondering if they will actually get this month's figures.

2. Make a point of dealing with the combined shipping debacle. This is a MAJOR problem for Matty, as it is a breach of the WRITTEN contract you made with subscribers. When you failed to combine shipping of orders made in the same transaction, you were basically guilty of misrepresenting a product or service, meaning you could be reported to the office of the postmaster for mail fraud. This is not a minor issue, and the handling of it, first denying that you ever agreed to this while the agreement was on your very site, then erroneously trying to blame the customer (again), was exactly the opposite of how you deal with such a problem. Matty DID foul this up in a number of cases, and I have yet to hear of a single person who got their shipments combined with the first ship-out when they were supposed to. There’s two things that need to be done here: First, you need to take it seriously and show that. If a customer calls or e-mails about this issue, it should be IMMEDIATELY sent to the escalation department and the vaunted new CS team. And there should be designated members of that team whose primary responsibility is dealing with this particular problem; they would be the go to people who know and have the access to the system to fix the problem or issue a refund as needed. Most organizations have specific people tasked with specific areas, and the same could help here. Tom,D1ck and Larry could be the designated people for shipping problems, and Moe, Shemp and Curly could be the primary folks for re-instating subs mistakenly cancelled. Most importantly, the first level of CS is the most ineffective, and their primary responsibility should be only the simplest matters; anything beyond that should be escalated immediately. Having to call and spend an hour at a time getting nowhere fast is the worst case scenario for customer service, and has become Matty’s hallmark. I’m not expecting miracles, or even efficiency (again, realistic view here), but a clearer flow chart of who handles what couldn’t possibly do anything but help. And a policy of “every call gets answered within 24/48 hours” is pretty much a standard for any organization these days, and I see no reason meeting that bare minimum standard should be beyond even Matty. Show the customer you take the problems with the site seriously; mistakes are far easier to forgive if the company is seen to be making a real effort to make things right.

3. There needs to be a major change in how Mattel and the great papier mache head deal with these problems. The aforementioned contradictions with the shipping promises are but one of many spins TG and company have engaged in to try to ignore the problems with Matty; far too many times they have tried to blame customers for the ineptitude of DR, again, the exact opposite of what any company with a shred of marketing know-how would do. The knee-jerk reaction of “it isn’t our fault” doesn’t work when the customer can show that, indeed, it is. The reaction to the shipping problem should have been first to actually go back and read the information you presented in writing on your own site to actually get your facts straight, and then to say, “We are going to try to figure out what is happening; in the meantime, if you bought your subs in the same transaction (have your transaction number handy) and you did not get combined shipping, call Mattycollector and we will do our best to rectify the situation.” How long did it take for Mattel to even acknowledge there was a problem they were responsible for, and how much longer to even try to offer any kind of solution? How you deal with the problems and address your customers about it is something completely under Mattel and TG’s control, and they blow it on a consistent basis. That needs to change. Hand the great papier mache head over to someone who has had more than an hour long seminar on customer service.

4. Wow us at SDCC. If you don’t have Ram Man ready to show, tell us he’s on the plat for 2013, because if there isn’t a lot to attract folks to the sub this year, you won’t have the tooling budget next year for him or other figure needing heavy tooling. I know it’s likely late to change things majorly, but this is likely a make or break year for the line. You will see a decrease in subs; Matty’s horrific track record this year guarantees that beyond any doubt (you’ve likely lost at least everyone who subbed and didn’t get a Fisto right out of the gate). Again, we’re talking about keeping the drop to minimum, and that is going to take an eye-popping showing. You may need to do more of the big guns left than you wanted at this point, but that may be the only way. You basically need to show us six or seven Bows this time around to re-ignite the base. Good won’t cut it; you need a minimum of great with some “I took one look and started to openly weep” thrown in.

More realistic suggestions, folks?
    Last edited by scott metzger; June 26, 2012 at 11:27am.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

I agree with everything you said Scott. To me the biggest problem with the line has been Digital River.

I say subscribers need to have more exclusive perks. We get one extra figure but people without subs can easily purchase that one item on eBay. Maybe throw in a few mini-comics for purchase only available to subscibers.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Supreme Fudge Dynamo of Eternia's Avatar
    I'm not entirely sure how realistic this is, but is shouldn't be unreasonable.

Make sure that subscribers actually receive the figures that they are CONTRACUALLY "guaranteed" to receive from their subscriptions. Case-in-point, the Fisto fiasco where some subscribers didn't receive Fisto. This was, in part, due to that mix up with the Sorceress being in the wrong mailer box, but also in part because when people's credit/debit cards didn't go through (regardless of whether or not there was an actual problem with the card, itself, or if it was an issue on Matty/DR's end) causing the order to be heald up. But in the latter case (the credit/debit card issue), shouldn't the figure have been heald for that order? Doesn't the fact that an existing, completed order (completed as in it's not like the figure sold out before someone finished placing their order because the order was AUTOMATICALLY placed because of having a sub) mean that the stock should be allocated to that order? I can understand removing the stock from the order if a couple of weeks or more go by and the customer hasn't called to get their card straightened out, but the order being held up like this shouldn't automatically put the item back into stock for people placing manual orders to buy. Not to mention that they apparently had little to no stock set aside for customer service issues.

A similar problem is apparently happening now with a DC figure.

Mattel needs to make sure that they keep a reasonable amount of figures aside for CS issues (it seems that this year they've severly cut back on it... which if they've had an over abundance in the past, I can see reucing it some, but apparently they've gone too far), and they need to make sure that the subscribers get their figures. Crap happens. People's cards expire, or their card may genuinely be lost or stolen, and they have to get a new card sent in the mail (and that can take some time to receive and activate).... not to mention that apparently some cards have simply declined the charge from DR since they've got some kind of shadey transaction reputation. And while there has been some improvement, updating the card used for the account is still something of a guessing game as to whether it is done properly online or over the phone. At minimum, Mattel needs to hold the figure in place for a reasonable amount of time (and "a couple of days" is not reasonable considering how long this can potentially take to straighten out both due to the time it takes to get a replacement card and DR's incompetence) so that people can get these things straightened out when they happen and get the figures that they signed up for.

While problems in the past have been pretty darn bad, and people have had their subs randomly canceled for no apparent reason, to my knowledge this year has been the first time EVER that we've seen subscribers whose orders (whether they went through fine in the first place, or upon being corrected if a problem did occur) could not be filled simply due to a lack of available stock. That is unacceptable!

So, Mattel should work to do what I described above.

However (and this is the part that may not be "realistic" in the eyes of some), if they still somehow end up in a scenario where they don't have the stock to fill all of the subs, then they should be forced to go back into production on at least enough figures to fill those subs (maybe with a couple extra incase there is a problem). I don't care if only 5 subscribers didn't get their figures and it costs $1,000+ to produce enough figures to fill those 5 orders, send them to the USA, and ship them out to those customers. I don't care if it isn't "cost effective" for Mattel. If someone calls in to cancel their sub because they lost their job and it is no longer within their ability to even afford to pay for these figures, they won't let you cancel (instead you are forced to go through a shady method of getting your credit card number changed just to not get charged anymore) even if it means you going bankrupt and not being able to pay your other bills and possibly losing your home. But Mattel won't go bankrupt and lose everything if they take a bit of a hit in having to produce the few additional figures needed to fill the orders that people are supposed to be CONTRACTUALLY GUARANTEED to receive! Mattel's anal renentive legal department should be having a cow over this, considering how specific and nit picky they are over everything else! If they aren't going to let people out of the contract who politely ask and genuinely can no longer afford to pay for the figures, then they shouldn't be able to weasel their way out of their end of it either.
    Last edited by Dynamo of Eternia; June 26, 2012 at 11:34am.

Leela: "What's the secret of time travel doing on Fry's ass?"
    Fry: "It was bound to be somewhere!"

Heroic Warrior
    The only thing with mini-comics is they will never stay exclusive- those will either pop up for sale or be uploaded by kind subscribers wanting to share. With that being said, here are my ideas:

1. I'd personally let the 4HM give part of the presentation- I think the 4H kind of represent the "every man" type of element that makes a lot of the fan base feel there is at least someone competent fighting for us behind the scenes.

2. Scott allowing an open question session where he agrees full disclosure will take place. (will never happen but I said it anyway).

3. Work with some artists like Axel Gimenez, Chris Faccone, Diana (I can't remember her last name but she's an amazing inker) some hairy dude named Val something or other etc. to work on promotional advertisement for Matty Collector- hell, think of issuing some quarterly digital mini-comics.

4. Hire Emiliano onto the line to handle continuity issues with the property and as a consultant to the in house Mattel design department- this can all be done from his home, he wouldn't even have to come into the office.

5. If they can't do it at this point, at least be totally open and honest about the prospect of playsets- not the repeated "maybe in a movie year" response.
    Last edited by vertigoink; June 26, 2012 at 11:42am.

A tiered Sub system.
    1. 12 Figures (1 monthly)
    2. 12 Figures (1 monthly) + 4 Quarterly
    3. 12 Figures (1 monthly) + 4 Quarterly + Beasts / Vehicles

Dynamo- Agree absolutley. Matty needs to make sure that they keep the number in stock that was originally made for the subs. That's what their production numbers were based on (plus a certain number for day of sales), so a very specific number of those figures should have been made just for that purpose. Then again, we don't know for certain if enough Fisto figures were even made, as the problem was with Fisto, not the Sorceress, and nobody seemed to notice a bunch of empty Sorceress mailer boxes around when so many of her figure found their way into so many Fisto boxes. I really think there was more to that debacle than we know, because something doesn't add up.

Regardless of that, your main point is utterly inarguable; the sub is supposed to guarantee all the figures it covers, and that was not the case this year. That tremendously undermines the whole reason for getting the sub.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Heroic Warrior
    How Can Mattel Improve the Sub Numbers in August ?
    Inlude a LOT of amazing vintage characters... and pray for a miracle.

I've asked this question on matty before. "What is matty doing/going to do to increase sales?" The answer was something like we have big plans for the 30th.

This line has basically been run by die hard fans and their word of mouth. With the issues that have happened, DR/matty, lack of faith in TG/Mattel desgin etc, even the die hards are leaving the subs. I really hope that Mattel has some plans to try and advertise the line and increase sub sales.

I have no idea what they can do at this point, but what I do know is whatever they have planned they better show it and not just tell us about it. Seriously it does not take this long to add a 'your sub' section to a website, at Toyfare TG said it was a few weeks away (after their first snafu) Theres clearly more issues at stake with DR/matty here then just legal.

Hoping for the best, but no longer surprised by anything Mattel does.

J

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Subscribers need more perks to subscribe and the screw-ups are outweighing the advantages.

Here is a suggestion: let subscribers get the figures 2 weeks earlier at most. The figures could ship just after the month begins, so that subscribers have these figures before sale day on the 15th. If subscribers have the figures in hand and decide that they want extras, then they'll make a more informed purchase.

Sale day coupons would also help.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Sagitar • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Evilseed (MYP)

I'm still waiting for customer service to universally get "a whole lot better."
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Roton 4) Dragstor 5) Saurod 6) Karg 7) Lodar 8) Mask of Power Demons 9) TC Skeletor 10) FF He-Man 11) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 12) Road Ripper 13) Lord Masque 14) Filmation Teela

Heroic Warrior
    Apologies to Scott, Mattel, etc in advance, but I might on the soapbox at times. Not my intention to offend when pointing out observations and stating my opinions.

1. Outside of the many you just described is something Digital River can't seem to do right: ease of changing credit card info. And it isn't even as simple as changing it on your account. You have to call the DR team, too. So what is the point of the option of updating on the site at all??? They seem beholden to use the card the sub was initially purchased with, even though real life occurrences can arise where the card needs changing. Someone moves, get married/divorced, the card was hacked, etc. My friend moved to Arizona and changed accounts within the same bank and was given a new debit card. Because of this, his DC sub was unable to be filled after Golden Age Flash and now he can't get Metron, a Metron he paid for initially with the sub. After he OFFERED multiple other cards to replace the one in the system (READ: he is trying VERY HARD to throw money at Mattel/DR), Digital River basically explained that they aren't equipped to just take another form of payment given how the subscription is contractually set up. As a business, this is dumbfounding to me.

He swore off of all future Mattel product and now purchased imports only. Perfect renditions with lots of articulation, alt heads/faces/hands/accessories, capable of doing all of their signature poses...for about double the price of a MOTUC figure. This is what Mattel faces. In this economy, and with many of the heavy hitters already out, they can't afford to upset their fickle fan base. Die-hards will carry the line, so they need to work hard to keep the fringe buyer. I know many folks I brought into this line feeling "done". A few clicks on the mouse doesn't need this level of hassle or follow-up on the part of the buyer. Part of the convenience of the online purchasing experience is the ease of it.

2. The QC has got to change. I am not interesting in last-minute part reversals to make figures "pop". We are not responsible (though certainly blamed as a fan community) for not catching reversed shoulders when according to the brand manager, they are into production and are too late in making any changes anyway. It is not our job (read: profession) to figure out and pinpoint all flaws from pre-to post-production. I believe this is what they pay the fine folks at Mattel to do. I am disinterested in the reasoning behind these foul ups. If mistakes happen (which is true), that's OK. But show that you have learned from those mistakes. Don't pledge that it won't happen again, and then give us Stinkor, the patron saint of broken promises. And when it does, please don't lie about it like we are dumb. It's bad PR, it insults the community's intelligence and it's indicative of the buyers' perception of the company and the people who work under them. A breaking point will come. For my part, I will be there, camera in tow, at SDCC taking pictures of every conceivable angle of every toy shown so that I can spot these things. I will do this out of my love of having high-quality toys of my favorite characters of my childhood. Nothing more. It's my passion to spot these inaccuracies, not my responsibility. Big difference. As they say, "Fool me once, shame on you..." and let's stop there.

3. Pledge to work out some "fix" for the characters Mattel botched in production. Bubble Power She-Ra was a great example of this. Roboto? 200x version with fixed uncrackable torso, fixed shoulders, 200x head, and add removable 200x-styled attachments and pieces. Stinkor with Odiphus, painted weapons, fixed forearms, and a new accessory to plus up an older MOTUC figure. Maybe he cam come with a new Snout Spout head with fixed trunk. Emperor King Hssss in 200x gear with base body with fixed shoulders. The list goes on and folks here had some fantastic ideas and suggestions. Folks groan about buying a figure twice, as they should, but a great variant that incorporates a fix is the type of olive branch Matty needs.

4. Pledge/collaborate/get active feedback from the fans about making Castle Grayskull and a replica Power Sword. Regardless if you tone down the figure choices for one year. I explained to my fringe friends that Mattel is constantly gauging larger item purchases to see if Castle Grayskull is feasible, citing the Wind Raider and Granamyr, and they each individually came back with the following:

"I wouldn't buy the plane though. I don't know that dragon. I would buy He-Man, Skeletor, and Castle Grayskull, though. Did they make a Sorceress yet or would she come with the castle? Are they making a Power Sword? I always wanted one as a kid!"

The Castle, at least to this small group, was as important as He-Man and Skeletor. While I understand why Mattel is watching the budget, it may not be the best litmus test to use to legitimize production of the castle. The Power Sword isn't high on my list, but all of my friends would buy it in a second, and were sharing stories about their adventures as kids, or how their mother never let them get one. They bought the replica Sword of Omens too, so prop-replicas seem pretty wanted.

Yoshiori Ono of Capcom had fans put up dollar bills so he can show management that we wanted to see Darkstalkers 4 and would pay to buy it. He took pics of the whole room. Why can't Scott do the same to show our interest in Castle Grayskull? Take a pic of the room, and show it to upper management at the next meeting. You don't need sales to show fan enthusiasm for a product.

More to come if it occurs to me, but I have to go do my job LOL

Scott/Toyguru/Matty, you do a TON (and I SWEAR to you it's really really appreciated), but we have faced a lot of hardship lately. We need acknowledgement, and we need a plan of action to rectify these things. These obstacles hurt you, too. We need, you need, to overcome them.
    Last edited by Jun-Yor; June 26, 2012 at 12:32pm.

-Replacing Digital River would go a long way to bring subscribers back.

-Come into the 21st century with a website that allows customers to access and change their account info.

-Focus on characters that have never had a figure or have not been represented in a more modern figure rather than the ones who have had several over the years. IE Filmation, Great Rebellion, and New Adventure characters.

-Offer two sub exclusive figures or some other perk like early shipping or the ability to add day of items to your sub order to save on shipping.
    "Don't crowd me boys!"

Quote Originally Posted by Slave2Evil_Lyn View Post
    -Offer two sub exclusive figures ...
    This would be my suggestion.
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    A tiered Sub system.
    This and ditch DR and we're golden!
    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

My Feedback thread!!

Good idea: SUB EXCLUSIVE: Death of Spector comic with Spector variant using Scareglow's body.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!

Yes to fixing Digital River.

Isn't it ridiculous that we're almost four years into this line and we can't change our credit card info, address, etc.?

I hope that ask this question at the SDCC panel.

Simply following through with the initial promises of the sub should be enough. I don't have one and I receive my toys before some people with subs do and on DOS I've never not received a figure I purchased like some sub holders had happen. Their promises are always over what they actually deliver. I will be getting a sub this year regardless and I don't think as many people will leave as they claim. In defense of Matty almost every time something has been wrong with a sub it's money related or the card has expired. So my plan is to use my wife's card which doesn't expire until 2014. Also, getting mad when your card has insufficient funds isn't fair. Banks can makr errors or not post funds accordingly and Matty only has access to certain info. Just plan ahead and double check prior to the transaction.

Beyond folliowing through on promises, Matty NEEDS to increase production. If you get a jacked up figure they MUST be able to replace it. Just like the Wind Raider, selling a handful and saying they can't make money is on them. Or not having enough Fisto's or Atrocitus for the subholders. Getting guaranteed product is a must. For example, a guy on here had his card ran 3 times and when it went through no Atrocitus for him. They should hold figures during those situations. On the flip side everything needs to be double checked by the sub holder also.

Offering a tiered system would be great. It would be beneficial for a lot of people. Also, letting sub holders order anything out of the sub early as well but in a limited quantity.

And combing shipping for subs with DOS. This could be done by also allowing sub holders to order a small quantity of DOS items when their subs get charged each month. For example the griffin, they could've allowed holders to add say 2 more to their order before the DOS.

To increase sub sales the most would be to increase the DOS prices much more than Sub prices.

These are just my thoughts.

not sure if this is logistically possible...

1) Subscribers should get their figures a month prior to the figures going on sale on mattycollector. this will help ensure that subbers get their figs and if there is anything wrong, there is plenty of stock to get a replacement.

2) keep the costs down. any price increase is going to drive subbers away.

Quote Originally Posted by jerec350 View Post
    I agree with everything you said Scott. To me the biggest problem with the line has been Digital River.

I say subscribers need to have more exclusive perks. We get one extra figure but people without subs can easily purchase that one item on eBay. Maybe throw in a few mini-comics for purchase only available to subscibers.
    Problem with that is, anyone can get all of that as well, after it's released.
    Recent.... Arrow, Tung Lashor & Bow
    Coming.... Mermista
    Wanted.... NA She-Ra, Double Mischief, Jitsu....
    Considering....
    Needed.... Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Heroic Warrior
    Ok now this going to be "realistic" for how Mattel can maintain or increase sub numbers for next year.

1. The sub exclusive needs to be a core wanted character, it really has to be something wanted as it is the only real nugget to get the on the fence fan to buy in and maintain secondary sellers/online retailers to keep their high number of subs as this figure is the only true moneymaker for them. If it's some no name obscure character that fans don't need then you lose the on the fence subbers, and more than likely the incentive for secondary retailers is significantly reduced so their sub numbers will drop. People felt Shadow Weaver didn't help the subs as they still dropped, but without her they would have plummeted. And we will probably see that happen this year without a sought after sub exclusive figure.

2. Allow sub sales and day of sale items to be combined, and allow subholders early entry to buy the day of sale stock. Something that should have been done already is the combining of sub and day of sale orders.

3. Offer a slight discount or better price on subbed items over day of sale product (like it is now).

While DR isn't a great service, and I've had a few problems, they have always resolved them. Seemingly this doesn't happen for everyone but I think Mattycollector and DR are not going seperate ways anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by wundarwarrior View Post
    In defense of Matty almost every time something has been wrong with a sub it's money related or the card has expired. So my plan is to use my wife's card which doesn't expire until 2014. Also, getting mad when your card has insufficient funds isn't fair. Banks can makr errors or not post funds accordingly and Matty only has access to certain info. Just plan ahead and double check prior to the transaction.
    Just to clarify, one of the major problems with the sub cancellations this year and last was DR charging the WRONG card on the second charge of the year; people had funds on the default card they had on the site. The other major problem was banks flagging the payments when they ran the two part payments for the Star Sisters; my bet is that this matches a pattern for fraudulent charges that some banks watch for (something one would think a web-based company who processes payments like DR would know). Neither of these cases were the fault of the customers; TG tried to push that fiction after the fact and was quickly corrected by the fans.

Kind of hard to plan to have proper funds on a card that's been cancelled, you know...

Quote Originally Posted by Cammor View Post
    A tiered Sub system.
    Yes! This please. As an overseas collector I have never subbed as the customs costs for more than one figure shipping per month makes the overall cost out of my price range. I would definitely subscribe to a basic 12-figure sub though.
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

Double Trouble is MINE!! Shadow-Ra's Avatar
    "4. Wow us at SDCC. If you don’t have Ram Man ready to show, tell us he’s on the plat for 2013"

After all the great vintage MOTU figures we've gotten this year and people STILL aren't happy. You want to try seeing it from POP and NA fans viewpoint.
    "Skeletor to King Randor, Skeletor to King Randor, come in you Royal Boob!"

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow-Ra View Post
    "4. Wow us at SDCC. If you don’t have Ram Man ready to show, tell us he’s on the plat for 2013"

After all the great vintage MOTU figures we've gotten this year and people STILL aren't happy. You want to try seeing it from POP and NA fans viewpoint.
    Exactly. Hardcore Vintage MOTU fans got a lot more this year so fan than NA and PoP fans. Mattel should hold off on Ram Man for now. He's the last core MOTU figure that needs a release and holding off on him will keep the line going. Vintage MOTU got quite a few fan demanded characters this year like Sorceress, Spikor, Fisto, Stinkor and Mekaneck. If they release Ram Man next year it could potentially be the last year of MOTUC and that means that PoP and NA fans are left with a small fraction of the characters they hold dear. So next year in regards to Vintage MOTU it should be some of the Filmation characters that get in. With NA and PoP getting their fair share of figures.

As for what Mattel can fix, I'll be honest they need to cut back on figures. There I said it. I mean this month was $70 before shipping. The schedule needs to be changed up a bit. At most it should be 1 figure and a beast/variant/multipack. Not three in a month. Some of us are blue collar types that dont always have the funds to afford these things.

Delays need to stop as well. Demo Man is a prime example but the Fisto fiasco is just as bad. I did get a Fisto but I know some people didn't. I can't imagine the frustration those fans had dealing with the people at DR who speak English as a second language. I know I've dealt with them before over issues and there seems to be a major language barrier that is beyond frustrating. However I think DR fixed that if I am remembering correctly. That aside I don't see anything else Mattel can really do to keep the line going.
    Mattel I'm still waiting for these characters!

Spinwit, The Scientists, Darius,Crita, Kayo, Stridor, Kittrina, Melaktha, Drissi, Master Sebrian, Sagitar

NA DESERVES A MINI SUB!

My Facebook, check it out!

1. Ship subscribers orders well before the sale date. Perhaps two weeks before? Subscribers need more perks.

2. Make sure the figures released in 2013 are a fair mix from all corners of the MOTUC universe. There has been a bias towards vintage MOTU and this needs to change, to safeguard the future of the toy line.

3. Improve customer service. If we are stuck with Digital River at least assemble a team that only deal with MattyCollector orders.

4. Give subscribers the opportunity to "pre-order" any extra items that come along.

5. Make sure all the variants are amazing. SMAA was a cheap option.