Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 501 to 512 of 512

Thread: Stinkor's Forearms Discussion Thread

  1. #501
    sculptor - fantastique JimPansen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    2,139
    Itīs the attitude that matters. A lot of the fans would be less cross, if Mattel would show them that they care more.
    But
    "Hey Everyone,
    We know there have been a few figures over the last few years with legitimate production issues (Snout Spout, Stay Puft and even Goddess from a few years back). We are actively working on a way to offer refunds for returned defective product and should have an answer in the next few weeks (give or take). Your complete satisfaction with our product is of utmost concern to us and we are doing everything we can to make these situations right. Please stand by just a little longer while we get our ducks in a row.
    --Matty "

    looks like it finally clicked.

  2. #502
    Alcala Idolator Crusader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Belgium
    Posts
    2,725
    Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    Itīs the attitude that matters. A lot of the fans would be less cross, if Mattel would show them that they care more.
    But
    "Hey Everyone,
    We know there have been a few figures over the last few years with legitimate production issues (Snout Spout, Stay Puft and even Goddess from a few years back). We are actively working on a way to offer refunds for returned defective product and should have an answer in the next few weeks (give or take). Your complete satisfaction with our product is of utmost concern to us and we are doing everything we can to make these situations right. Please stand by just a little longer while we get our ducks in a row.
    --Matty "

    looks like it finally clicked.
    Would that include refunding your shipping costs when you return a figure for replacement ?
    Because for the price of your return shipping with tracking number, you can almost buy another MOTUC figure
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

    http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

  3. #503
    grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2000
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    11,634
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinxieman View Post
    Yeah, but for some people there is nothing Mattel can do to make them happy...short of re-producing the figures and sending them free ones within a week of any issue happening.
    With the exception of the "within a week" part, that is PRECISELY what the Four Horsemen did when their first batch of elephants came through with some QC problems. You make it sound like a totally unreasonable request, but a company far smaller and with far fewer resources than Mattel did EXACTLY that to satisfy it's customers. Sadly, to expect Mattel to have the same level of business scruples and sense is the only apparently unreasonable part...
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

  4. #504
    Heroic Warrior EldestSon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    2,644
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    With the exception of the "within a week" part, that is PRECISELY what the Four Horsemen did when their first batch of elephants came through with some QC problems. You make it sound like a totally unreasonable request, but a company far smaller and with far fewer resources than Mattel did EXACTLY that to satisfy it's customers. Sadly, to expect Mattel to have the same level of business scruples and sense is the only apparently unreasonable part...
    for defective figs, TGs stance has been (at least for some time now) to call CS and get a refund/replacement.

    for figures w/ reversed shoulders (or forearms) there is no replacement plan, but i think folks can still send them back for a refund. what fans are asking for is for matty to produce the figure again with corrected shoulders/forearms for PURCHASE. folks here are willing to pay for a corrected product.

  5. #505
    Evil Warrior jibernish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    845
    Quote Originally Posted by EldestSon View Post
    for defective figs, TGs stance has been (at least for some time now) to call CS and get a refund/replacement.

    for figures w/ reversed shoulders (or forearms) there is no replacement plan, but i think folks can still send them back for a refund. what fans are asking for is for matty to produce the figure again with corrected shoulders/forearms for PURCHASE. folks here are willing to pay for a corrected product.
    Yes, this is what the fans want, and Mattel won't do it because it is not profitable enough for them to bother. Which shows you right there that money is the only thing that matters to them. Sad to say, they are a corporation, so that is to be expected. It just sucks that it has to be this way. I respect the 4H for fixing the problems with their line. I'm sure it must have hurt them big time - but apparently their reputation and integrity (not to mention long term financial successs) are more important to them than the immediate buck.

  6. #506
    Court Magician Kronis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    58
    Word! I agree 100%!

  7. #507
    Heroic Warrior KUZEH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,352
    Finally got around fixing Stinkor,
    swapped and repainted forearms and painted metallic highlights on gun, shield and tanks.

    Here are the results,
    very happy with it now!!











    Por el Poder de Grayskull!!!...
    Ya tengo el poder!!

    My Feedback thread!!

  8. #508
    Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,768
    Quote Originally Posted by KUZEH View Post
    Finally got around fixing Stinkor,
    swapped and repainted forearms and painted metallic highlights on gun, shield and tanks.
    It looks pretty good. Did you use acrylic?
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

  9. #509
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,266
    I have been asking around, but does anyone here have diffrent views [front an side views] of the original prototype stinkor figure with the original Prototype paint apps on him and his accessories?

    I have looked all over but cant find anymore than that front view one.. but that hides most of the gun an the entire top of the shield.
    I only am asking as I am wanting to paint my figures "blue accessories" up with the darker metallic highlights as the prototype had.

    Can anyone help with pics?

    I would greatly appreciate it.
    Thanks

  10. #510
    Heroic Warrior Fright Zone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    2,536
    It's a small pic but you can see the metallic parts on the shield:
    Stinkor_1317136467.jpg
    I am an illustrator, please check out my work:

    www.facebook.com/lukespicerillustration

  11. #511
    Heroic Warrior Replikor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    KY, USA
    Posts
    2,266
    Thank you! I do appreciate it!

  12. #512
    Spoony Bard davidlogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    MO
    Posts
    4,609
    KUZEH - Nice job! looks much better!
    Click on Amazon or Barnes and Noble for a free sample of my first book, Paradigm Shift Saga: Malediction!

    A short story of monsters and magic!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •