Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor's Forearms Discussion Thread

CRITAcal for MOTUC 2015!! Barezz's Avatar
    Despondos (Also known as outside of Granite City, IL)
    I'm fine with them. It looks ok to me, and I believe it when they say it was intentional.

To honor a request asked in the petition thread, I would like to go on record saying that making a petition demanding that Mattel not to ship Stnkor until it is fixed is such a bad idea that it makes the Mighty Spector look AWESOME.

Heroic Warrior
    One thing that I've learned is that we would rather have a defective figure than no figure at all. Resistance is futile.

By no means am I calling any one a drone.

I see both sides...it just doesn't bother me much. We'll see if it does after he arrives.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MOTU_Maniac View Post
    I wish a mod would change the title to this thread to something like "Stinkor forearms discussion. Are you for or against?"

The current title leads others (those that aren't actually coming into and reading the thread) to believe everyone is in favor of the "new" forearms.
    I second that emotion.

I am sure it will look awesome when we get him in hand. I can barely see the difference now.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

To Everyone:

If you are ok with the arms, then more power to you. I understand the desire to write it off, or to accept it, mostly because I have no intention of changing it due to the massive amount of work involved. BUT it is everyone else's right to be upset. As many reversal problems as this line has been plagued with I cannot fathom the complete lack of fan input on this before they intentionally swapped another part. It borders on admitable psychosis. It wouldn't have taken a full day to post a poll here on the .org and get a response. I don't want to hear that the .org is not the whole of fandom for this brand because the clear facts are that this is a major majority, and it would have at least given a good majority opinion to pole us. It's not brain surgery to throw up a poll here in about 2 minutes, and wait a mere couple of hours, versus the fallout that we're seeing now, and (I can't stress this next part nearly enough) because of the issues in the past with REVERSED PARTS!!! This is purely pathetic.

Defender of the Underdog He-Dad's Avatar
    I like him this way as well...he really pops.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote Posted from Android app

honestly i'd have to see it in hand. I'm not very anal when it comes to these things, but somethings I can't let slide. well I can but it annoys me a bit.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

For me this is such a non-issue that I could barely bring myself to care enough to even write this post.

Heroic Warrior
    I wish a mod would change the title to this thread to something like "Stinkor forearms discussion. Are you for or against?"

The current title leads others (those that aren't actually coming into and reading the thread) to believe everyone is in favor of the "new" forearms.
    Well no... that's what I intended before some people changed the direction of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    To Everyone:

If you are ok with the arms, then more power to you. I understand the desire to write it off, or to accept it, mostly because I have no intention of changing it due to the massive amount of work involved. BUT it is everyone else's right to be upset. As many reversal problems as this line has been plagued with I cannot fathom the complete lack of fan input on this before they intentionally swapped another part. It borders on admitable psychosis. It wouldn't have taken a full day to post a poll here on the .org and get a response. I don't want to hear that the .org is not the whole of fandom for this brand because the clear facts are that this is a major majority, and it would have at least given a good majority opinion to pole us. It's not brain surgery to throw up a poll here in about 2 minutes, and wait a mere couple of hours, versus the fallout that we're seeing now, and (I can't stress this next part nearly enough) because of the issues in the past with REVERSED PARTS!!! This is purely pathetic.
    I still don't see where the parts are reversed, I see that the tool had been changed and the fins are turned 90 degrees. But feel free to open an own thread
    Last edited by MoViEfReAk; April 20, 2012 at 03:49pm.

I don't have a problem with how it lools. It would be nice to see some more pictures of him in different poses to see how the arms looks then as it seems we only have one picture of reference to the new arms and it's not a great pose.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    I second that emotion.

I didn't mean any disrespect by it MoViEfReAk . I was just saying that the thread discussion and the thread title weren't in alignment. I believe everyone has a right to have their own opinion without ridicule.
    Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll,
    I am the master of my fate,
    I am the captain of my soul.

Heroic Warrior
    I didn't mean any disrespect by it MoViEfReAk . I was just saying that the thread discussion and the thread title weren't in alignment. I believe everyone has a right to have their own opinion without ridicule.
    You forgot to mention that him calling us HATER"S is against the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Zodach View Post
    I just voted and my screen jumped and I ended up accidentally voting different than I intended. Hopefully it doesn't come down to my erroneous vote.

It just looks awkward to me assembled this way, which makes sense since it wasn't designed to look like this. These sorts of things don't always jump out at me as wrong, but once you see it, it's hard to unsee. This was a pretty bad call if done intentionally. The parts aren't designed to swap around like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew K View Post
    It just looks awkward to me assembled this way, which makes sense since it wasn't designed to look like this. These sorts of things don't always jump out at me as wrong, but once you see it, it's hard to unsee. This was a pretty bad call if done intentionally. The parts aren't designed to swap around like that.
    Yeah, it looks akward to me also.

And I personally don't believe it was intentional, but an accident/ error. So, in order to defuse the situation we were told it was intentional. But remember...this is only my opinion.

I just voted and my screen jumped and I ended up accidentally voting different than I intended. Hopefully it doesn't come down to my erroneous vote.
    No problem. The results aren't going to make any difference, I'm just curious to see what the majority of fans here think about it. We all know Stinkor is still going to sell out and Mattel isn't ever going to correct the figure, just like they haven't corrected King Hiss or Roboto and don't plan on it for future re-releases. They are probably going to announce SDCC exclusives in the next week or two and hope new announcements bury these threads. We probably won't hear anything else from Scott on the matter either. Just chalk it up to another Mattel mistake.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    You forgot to mention that him calling us HATER"S is against the rules.
    Was it? Okay, I apologize and will change that!

Stinkor looks fine to me

Quote Originally Posted by Rodster6 View Post
    I don't have a problem with how it lools. It would be nice to see some more pictures of him in different poses to see how the arms looks then as it seems we only have one picture of reference to the new arms and it's not a great pose.
    Pixel Dan's video shows the figure from all angles. In that, I can clearly see that the pointy bits of his gloves point inwards. They're supposed to be on the outer edge of the glove, like Mer-Man's.

This error is much more noticeable than the backwards shoulders on previous figures, in my opinion.

Snappy Threader
    I'm ok with it. I understand their thinking on why they should do it that way. I'm happy we are getting him period. No complaints here.

that's so lame ! i can't beleive it ! and i have read somewhere they supposly did that on purpose ??? that's bull **** , they messed up , and they are not even able to admit it ? that so lame .

The reverse shoulders REEEEAAAAAALLLLLYYYY annoyed me and I got myself a second (free) King Hiss so I could reverse the shoudlers but I didn't notice the wrists in Dans Stinkor vid and after watching it again, it still doesn't bother me. In person if it does I will swap them over as I did the shoulders.

Agreed and changed.
    Click here to add yourself to the He-Man.org map!

Check out my business website! If you run a blog or something and can link to it, I'd certainly appreciate it!