Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor's Forearms Discussion Thread

Heroic Horde General Canada-Man's Avatar
    You said it!

Heroic Reviewer of MOTUC Pixel Dan's Avatar
    I feel it's time to once again reiterate what Mattel has said about the reveresed forearms, since looking through this thread it seems that some folks have missed this.

Yes, the forearms ARE reveresed, and yes Mattel knows. According to Mattel, it was done on purpose. Here is the exact quote from Scott:

“I checked with design and it actually was not a mistake but a deliberate way to differentiate Stinkor due to the heavy use of shared parts. Design discussed as a team and found that you could swap the gloves to create a slightly different look. They wanted to give Stinkor something extra since he is basically Mer-Man’s head on Beastman’s body and Mekaneck’s armor (even though we haven’t done Mek yet but you know what I mean!~). Much like painting Sorceress’ wings blue this was one way of making the toy pop a bit and be different on shelf. For reference, we also did this on BG Evil Lynn to much success!”
    I just wanted to re-post this for anyone who may not have seen it in the other thread.
    For toy review videos and more, visit Pixel-Dan.com!
    SUBSCRIBE to me on YouTube! YouTube.com/Mandalorian30
    Latest MOTU Classics Videos:

wow, i just re-watched pixel dan's review...

and -- yeah -- i really hate those new forearms.

but i barely count -- i'm still bummed that he has furry skin. as a kid, stinkor and merman were my two favorites -- and i loved that they were the same mold. i mean, who says he's a skunk? why not a humanoid with smooth skin and skunk-like stripes? is this earth or a fantasy world called eternia?

From what I've seen in pics and PD's review video, I think the forearms look fine the way they are on the final product.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

Heroic Warrior
    “I checked with design and it actually was not a mistake but a deliberate way to differentiate Stinkor due to the heavy use of shared parts. Design discussed as a team and found that you could swap the gloves to create a slightly different look. They wanted to give Stinkor something extra since he is basically Mer-Man’s head on Beastman’s body and Mekaneck’s armor (even though we haven’t done Mek yet but you know what I mean!~). Much like painting Sorceress’ wings blue this was one way of making the toy pop a bit and be different on shelf. For reference, we also did this on BG Evil Lynn to much success!”

The more I read this, the more I know for a FACT that this statement is yet another slap in the face LIE from our benevolent brand manager. sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post
    I feel it's time to once again reiterate what Mattel has said about the reveresed forearms, since looking through this thread it seems that some folks have missed this.

Yes, the forearms ARE reveresed, and yes Mattel knows. According to Mattel, it was done on purpose. Here is the exact quote from Scott:

I just wanted to re-post this for anyone who may not have seen it in the other thread.

i'm sorry but that sounds like bull **** .... and the fore arms of bg evil lynn are not reverse, they are made to be moved...

I disagree. I think it was a design choice. Stinkor IS a total parts re-use type of character in the vintage line. What's wrong with tweaking something to make it look slightly different?

It is my opinion that there are more productive uses of our energies than worrying about this. I'd say more, but it is against the rules.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post

The more I read this, the more I know for a FACT that this statement is yet another slap in the face LIE from our benevolent brand manager. sigh.
    i'm tottaly agrree with you , i mean toy guru is a huge fan of toys and the masters of the universe , he said he is working even during the weekend , and on in vacation on the line , i actually belive him when he says that . so i'm pretty sure he knows everything about the designs details like that... i mean reverse fore arms , that's a big thing . well i guess i have to start boilling the water , and get some black and white acrylics....

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    What's wrong with tweaking something to make it look slightly different?
    Nothng, if you don't screw up the way it looks from an anatomical stand point.

i do not believe a word.
    action features for action figures!

I disagree. I think it was a design choice. Stinkor IS a total parts re-use type of character in the vintage line. What's wrong with tweaking something to make it look slightly different?

It is my opinion that there are more productive uses of our energies than worrying about this. I'd say more, but it is against the rules.
    well, if you 're right, then that design idea was a really bad idea ..... but hey ! if you are happy with your stikor that way good for you .

How would you feel if the upper legs are switched on Jitsu to help differentiate the figure from Fisto? Or what if Mattel switched the feet around on Thunder Punch He-Man to differentiate him from the regular He-Man figure? Stinkor's forearms were sculpted for specific arms. This was an asinine decision by Mattel's in-house design team.

Exactly what he said!!! Look at the pic on the Matty site....A lot of it is in the posing....he's one awesome looking figure. Those comparison shots do no one justice. They're biased based on the poor positioning of the production figure vs. the marketing position of the prototype. Pose the figure exactly the same and THEN maybe we have a comparison worth debating.

This may be the elephant in the room:

If the new design team wanted to make Stinkor different (or 'pop' as described), why didn't they REALLY make it like BG Evil-lyn's and

ARTICULATE THE GAUNTLETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Nekk-ra View Post
    This may be the elephant in the room:

If the new design team wanted to make Stinkor different (or 'pop' as described), why didn't they REALLY make it like BG Evil-lyn's and

ARTICULATE THE GAUNTLETS!
    hehehe true !

I love how the Horsemen sculpted brand new forearms for this figure that look absolutly nothing like Beast Man's forearms but the Mattel guy felt that the new arms looked exactly like Beast Man so swapping them was the way to go. And I also love how Masters Classics now doesn't like to look like there is major parts reuse. . .

Quote Originally Posted by urbanmyth View Post
    I love how the Horsemen sculpted brand new forearms for this figure that look absolutly nothing like Beast Man's forearms but the Mattel guy felt that the new arms looked exactly like Beast Man so swapping them was the way to go. And I also love how Masters Classics now doesn't like to look like there is major parts reuse. . .
    hehehehe that thread become so much fun hahaha! you are so right... i would have prefer they told us , "well we messed up , we can't afford to redo all the figures , we are gonna to explain you how to customize your stinkor " or something like that , the stupid bull **** instead , i know we are buying toys , but we are not babys

To keep this topic from spiraling out of control and to manage expectations, I assure you that reversed body parts is what fans want. Mattel has a world class research facility and they know without a shadow of doubt that most customers love incorrectly assembled figures. Pretty cool huh! Although the fans here are awesome, they represent a very very very very very very small amount of the fans who actually buy MOTUC product. Simply put no one outside of the 200 very very very very very loud regular posters here are asking for correctly assembled figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixel Dan View Post

Dan, I think it's time to do another video of Stinkor's arms... maybe to some seductive music?
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Heroic Warrior
    This figure is ruined. No doubt about it. The notion that this was purposeful strains credibility, but even if it is true, how disrespectful can Mattel possibly be to the Four Horsemen? They didn't approve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Executioner View Post
    This figure is ruined. No doubt about it. The notion that this was purposeful strains credibility, but even if it is true, how disrespectful can Mattel possibly be to the Four Horsemen? They didn't approve this.
    And the sad thing is that The Four Horsemen can't really comment on the issue! They're aware of it though! All they can say is that they have to wait for their figure! Which I still don't get is why do they have to wait? They should have been given theirs when the production samples were sent out!
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    Nothng, if you don't screw up the way it looks from an anatomical stand point.
    Oh, my. I can't believe I'm going to address this.

Can you lay out for me how it is 'against' anatomical expectations that the fins be turned 90 degrees from their usual position? These character designs are strictly imaginative and defy those types of limitations.

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    To keep this topic from spiraling out of control and to manage expectations, I assure you that reversed body parts is what fans want. Mattel has a world class research facility and they know without a shadow of doubt that most customers love incorrectly assembled figures. Pretty cool huh! Although the fans here are awesome, they represent a very very very very very very small amount of the fans who actually buy MOTUC product. Simply put no one outside of the 200 very very very very very loud regular posters here are asking for correctly assembled figures.
    hahahaha! i would have love to see toy guru 's face opening the first box full of stinkor and realize they were all wrong ... "ho ******!! i have to find a good excuses!!! " and that 's really surprising that dan haven't tel anything about it in his review. i guess he is good friend with scott , and tried to help him on that one. ha well....

Quote Originally Posted by kanon View Post
    well, if you 're right, then that design idea was a really bad idea ..... but hey ! if you are happy with your stikor that way good for you .
    To each his own. The fact that a character has fins growing out of their forearms is pretty bizarre to me, regardless of the positioning. I never, EVER liked them on Zodac. It is my opinion that they look keen on Stinkor.

Oh, my. I can't believe I'm going to address this.

Can you lay out for me how it is 'against' anatomical expectations that the fins be turned 90 degrees from their usual position? These character designs are strictly imaginative and defy those types of limitations.
    well, you know, we can all have imaginery friends too instead of this expensive figures ...