Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stinkor's Forearms Discussion Thread

Heroic Warrior
    Isn't it weird enough that some figures have fins growing out of their forearms, regardless of the positioning of said fins? And for those who smell a lie from Toy Guru, my question is do you see it as TG lying to us or the design team lying to TG? Either way, I don't care. In the end of the day, these MOTUC figures look better than the vintage MOTU figures (along with the vintage POP and NA figures) so I guess these miniscule production discrepancies bother me a whole lot less then if there was no MOTUC figures to gripe about. Good thing, like many of you all, that this toyline isnt my alpha & omega.

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    Oh, my. I can't believe I'm going to address this.

Can you lay out for me how it is 'against' anatomical expectations that the fins be turned 90 degrees from their usual position? These character designs are strictly imaginative and defy those types of limitations.

It is not about where the fins point that is an anatomy issue. It is the muscle under the finned gloves that makes the shape of the whole forearm and the muscles on the forearm above the glove that are anatomically incorrect. Not to mention the 4 horsemen meant it to be the correct way, not like this.
    Last edited by darkmoon766; April 20, 2012 at 06:18pm.

The forearms look like ****. Why did they need to be swapped to make them different? They are already new sculpts. What a load of ****.

(post copied from pixel dan review thread. I think it is pertinant everyone new to this issue read this.)

After looking at many of the photos, (at NYTF the forearms were reversed as they are now) and thinking about the whole situation, this is a possible series of events that may have determined the state of Stinkor's arm position.

1. The 4 horsemen sculpt an awesome new set of forearms for Stinkor

2. The Horsemen bring the prototype to Powercon. It looks awesome (some people shudder at "Duck feet")

3. Design and engineering has a test shot done by the factory.(yelow and black) It looks like the Horsemen's prototype.

4. Design thinks it looks wrong, and would work better with his shield if the fins were pointing inside, and not bumping onto the shield on the outside of his forearms. (An engineering concern)

5. Design tells factory to make it this way, at NYTF there he sits, no one notices (not even the Horsemen)

6. Toy is Mass produced, Fwoosh, Pixel-Dan do reviews, some lone fan with the eagle eye see's what can not be un-seen. Everyone with sense can see the anatomy is wrong once they are looking for it.

7. Newest MOTUC debacle that will kill the line.

It's starting to sound to me that many of the people who are fine with this are focusing on the gloves, and don't realize that most of those who are disatisfied are focused on the horrible anatomical problem that the reversed forearms are causing, not the gloves. Just thought that needed to be said. The gloves are passable, the forearm tumors are not. Remember, Stinkor's right forearm is the one that stands out the most, focus on that one. ; )

Quote Originally Posted by Hosed Ovor View Post
    How would you feel if the upper legs are switched on Jitsu to help differentiate the figure from Fisto? Or what if Mattel switched the feet around on Thunder Punch He-Man to differentiate him from the regular He-Man figure? Stinkor's forearms were sculpted for specific arms. This was an asinine decision by Mattel's in-house design team.
    I'm not totally sure those are fair comparisons. Jitsu's upper legs are human and based on the basic male buck. If they added fins to them, I imagine fans would be upset. If they switched left and right feet on a figure, that would be an obvious mistake as well. Your examples are not equal.

STINKOR has been depicted, in the 200X toon, as not having fins at all. He has small tufts of hair in the exact placement of where the fins currently are. I don't quite understand why he would have fins, except that the vintage toy did. So..... the fins were kept on the figure as part of the vintage design, but they were turned 90 degrees to be slightly more compatible with the 200X look, right? And this is wrong, why? It's just a design choice.
    Etherian Rebel JOSH for the MOTUC (see my avatar)!

Illumina & Cat please! Darkspecter's Avatar
    I agree with the poster that said Stinkor's swapped forearms are more noticeable than the swapped shoulders (except for King Hiss and Roboto, in my honest opinion). I still believe this was a mistake that was not caught by Mattel and instead of goining "Oops, we got something backwards...AGAIN!" and looking really bad in their consumers' eyes, they would rather do a "cover up" to prevent further bad PR.

If that really IS the case, I don't know...lying might be the better PR at this point. After being told numerous times about this "shoulder" committee and the extra steps they take to make sure they get the proper L and R...they would look like a total joke admitting they messed up again. I'm telling you, one of these days we're going to get a leg for an arm! It will be a design choice though.

Just like we remember!
    Last edited by Darkspecter; April 20, 2012 at 06:36pm.
    Take part in Illumina Day! Let people know who she is and help get her in MOTUC.

http://motuc-illumina.proboards.com/...cgi?board=talk

You can join the Illumina Facebook page here!

https://www.facebook.com/Illumina.Sleetah

*batteries not included Captain Atkin's Avatar
    I'm sure this issue will be fixed when the inevitable Swamp Thing Vs. Stinkor two-pack is finally released in 2017.
    Last edited by Captain Atkin; April 20, 2012 at 06:40pm.
    "Live the journey, for every destination is but a doorway to another." --- Man-At-Arms

www.hemanworld.com

Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    (post copied from pixel dan review thread. I think it is pertinant everyone new to this issue read this.)

After looking at many of the photos, (at NYTF the forearms were reversed as they are now) and thinking about the whole situation, this is a possible series of events that may have determined the state of Stinkor's arm position.

1. The 4 horsemen sculpt an awesome new set of forearms for Stinkor

2. The Horsemen bring the prototype to Powercon. It looks awesome (some people shudder at "Duck feet")

3. Design and engineering has a test shot done by the factory.(yelow and black) It looks like the Horsemen's prototype.

4. Design thinks it looks wrong, and would work better with his shield if the fins were pointing inside, and not bumping onto the shield on the outside of his forearms. (An engineering concern)

5. Design tells factory to make it this way, at NYTF there he sits, no one notices (not even the Horsemen)

6. Toy is Mass produced, Fwoosh, Pixel-Dan do reviews, some lone fan with the eagle eye see's what can not be un-seen. Everyone with sense can see the anatomy is wrong once they are looking for it.

7. Newest MOTUC debacle that will kill the line.
    ho you 're right ! they were reverse at the toy fair !! and i didn't even pay attention to that , i was just looking at the pictures from the power con ... damn it ! ok that was plan since a long time ... haaaaa! i'm so **** now .

Quote Originally Posted by PrinceAdam101 View Post
    I'm not totally sure those are fair comparisons. Jitsu's upper legs are human and based on the basic male buck. If they added fins to them, I imagine fans would be upset. If they switched left and right feet on a figure, that would be an obvious mistake as well. Your examples are not equal.

STINKOR has been depicted, in the 200X toon, as not having fins at all. He has small tufts of hair in the exact placement of where the fins currently are. I don't quite understand why he would have fins, except that the vintage toy did. So..... the fins were kept on the figure as part of the vintage design, but they were turned 90 degrees to be slightly more compatible with the 200X look, right? And this is wrong, why? It's just a design choice.
    Here's a quote from my post #105 just above your last post.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun post #105
    It's starting to sound to me that many of the people who are fine with this are focusing on the gloves, and don't realize that most of those who are disatisfied are focused on the horrible anatomical problem that the reversed forearms are causing, not the gloves. Just thought that needed to be said. The gloves are passable, the forearm tumors are not. Remember, Stinkor's right forearm is the one that stands out the most, focus on that one. ; )

eyecandy from outerspace JoeyCruel's Avatar
    In 20 minutes I made this to help everybody to understand.
    As you can see the problems are not the fins. Yeah, I prefer the classic fins pointin' outside but finally who cares if they are pointin' outside or inside.
    The problem is that they are swapped and you can see those Eternian Tumors™ that ruin every forearms!

Last edited by JoeyCruel; April 20, 2012 at 06:50pm.
    I know 2 angels: their names are Jedi_Kunle and Mikethedrummer!

Worship the Snake Goddess!
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...-at-some-point

Round 2, vote for
    Tuvar, Baddrah, Crita, Granita, Gray, Colonel Blast and the Snake Goddess

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I'm telling you, one of these days we're going to get a leg for an arm! It will be a design choice though.

http://www.oocities.org/soho/worksho...emember_me.gif

Just like we remember!
    Dr. Nick Riviera!

"Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGregg—with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg"!

Always Gold!!!!

Heroic Warrior
    Dr. Nick Riviera!

"Well if it isn't my old friend Mr. McGregg—with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg"!

Always Gold!!!!
    Dr. Riviera did that on purpose to help Mr. McGregg POP more. Everyone has two arms and legs in the right spot, so why not put them in the complete wrong position to make him look all wrong? I think it looks great!

If painting the stripes is too hard I might even acetone off the stripe on the bicep just enough to make it looks like it's supposed to cut off there.

The whole cover up is really hurting my opinion of TG who I've always given the benefit of the doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by Boy Wonder View Post
    Dr. Riviera did that on purpose to help Mr. McGregg POP more. Everyone has two arms and legs in the right spot, so why not put them in the complete wrong position to make him look all wrong? I think it looks great!

The whole cover up is really hurting my opinion of TG who I've always given the benefit of the doubt.
    Check out my post #104. It explains how it may not be a cover up, just a crappy decision. Going against the ever present, and well deserved mantra "We leave these design decisions to the 4 Horsemen." Or it could be a lie. It doesn't really matter does it? It happened, and it will happen again.

@ princeadam101:
    so stinkor is no human, who cares?
    I want him to be assembled as the 4H designed my favourite char!
    He now looks like ****.
    Im very frustrated about this figure and how TG is talking down to us.
    This mistake has to be adressed.
    2013 Im out of subscription for good.
    A new Motu line, again at last!

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post

I am well aware of what some of you are "up in arms" about. () But, I don't think it's a big deal - it looks fine to me. At least as far as the anatomy of a furry skunk man's finned forearm is concerned.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

I hope subs drop even more this year. These mistakes can only go on until enough is enough. It would be different if Mattel would own up and compensate customers for their mistakes.....but they don't.

Only after they sold the remaining stock of the Goddess figures, did they fully admit that there was a problem with that figure. With Roboto and Hssss, we were told that it doesn't affect the functionality of the figure, so it is not a defect....even though they were cosmetically defected. Mattel has just dismissed anything about Snout Spout's trunk, and still won't own up on the yellowing of Stay Puft in the Ghostbusters's line.

I think it's an unethical decision on Mattel's part to have sold the Goddess, Roboto, and King Hssss after knowing that there was a problem with each figure. They aren't going to change with Stinkor.
    Keep The "Classicized" 200x Heads in MOTUC!

Matty Savings For the Year because of No DOS Purchases: $210

Check out my post #104. It explains how it may not be a cover up, just a crappy decision. Going against the ever present, and well deserved mantra "We leave these design decisions to the 4 Horsemen." Or it could be a lie. It doesn't really matter does it? It happened, and it will happen again.
    It does matter actually, at least to me. If Mattel accidentally reversed Stinkor's forearms, then it's unfortunate but mistakes do happen, and I could accept that. I only wish they were willing to admit it.

However, if it turns out that Mattel are indeed intentionally misassembling the Four Horsemen's figures, it may affect my decision to renew my subscription. If I could skip Stinkor, I would.

Quote Originally Posted by JoeyCruel View Post
    In 20 minutes I made this to help everybody to understand.
    As you can see the problems are not the fins. Yeah, I prefer the classic fins pointin' outside but finally who cares if they are pointin' outside or inside.
    The problem is that they are swapped and you can see those Eternian Tumors™ that ruin every forearms!

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/2...frontation.jpg
    The fixed image barely looks any different. I don't get the fuss.

Quote Originally Posted by nato View Post
    Only after they sold the remaining stock of the Goddess figures, did they fully admit that there was a problem with that figure.
    ^That's not true. Before the last of them were sold, Mattel admitted that there was an issue with the sonic welding or whatever. However, with that being said, I don't think Mattel has handled the situation very well at all in regards to The Goddess. At least as far customer service and the loyal fanbase is concerned. They really should run a corrected batch to be sold at a discount to people who bought the first ones as a show of good faith.

Also, why would you want the subs to drop more? That seems counterproductive and would not solve anything.

Anyway, back to Stinkor - perhaps the "tumors" on his arms (the ones I don't see) are just infected stink glands that need to be extracted. Unlike Earth skunks, I'm sure he has them all over his body.
    Last edited by Donimo; April 20, 2012 at 07:48pm.
    If you have a Queen Marlena cardback to sell, please let me know.

My feedback: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212100
    MOTUC for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=212096
    200x for sale: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=213585
    I have a huge lot of Garbage Pail Kids (GPK) cards I'm also selling. PM me.

I think people on this forum are way too uptight to be honest. Ever heard the phrase "first world problems"?

Yes that's right, you aren't completely happy with the forearms of a TOY that costs TWENTY TWO dollars....

Quote Originally Posted by Wakko View Post
    The fixed image barely looks any different. I don't get the fuss.
    Take a look at the right forearm in the picture linked below. Note that the big lump on the outside of the right forearm looks a bit "off". That is what's called the belly of the forearm. Stinkor's right arm is the worst of the two, since the two sculpts are not mirror images. To me it looks like one of those "muscle suits" that look riduculous, and are worn on Halloween. That or it looks like he's wearing spanxs filled with potatoes. It looks bad.

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/04/first-l...nkor/stinkor-4

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkspecter View Post
    I agree with the poster that said Stinkor's swapped forearms are more noticeable than the swapped shoulders (except for King Hiss and Roboto, in my honest opinion). I still believe this was a mistake that was not caught by Mattel and instead of goining "Oops, we got something backwards...AGAIN!" and looking really bad in their consumers' eyes, they would rather do a "cover up" to prevent further bad PR.

If that really IS the case, I don't know...lying might be the better PR at this point. After being told numerous times about this "shoulder" committee and the extra steps they take to make sure they get the proper L and R...they would look like a total joke admitting they messed up again. I'm telling you, one of these days we're going to get a leg for an arm! It will be a design choice though.

http://www.oocities.org/soho/worksho...emember_me.gif

Just like we remember!
    I think everyone would be okay with that, if ONLY if it's Modulok and Multi-Bot sold this way...

OMG! I think I have an Eternian tumor too. My arm looks just like that.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Quote Originally Posted by sgmilne View Post
    I think people on this forum are way too uptight to be honest. Ever heard the phrase "first world problems"?

Yes that's right, you aren't completely happy with the forearms of a TOY that costs TWENTY TWO dollars....
    So because people are starving in Africa, Mattel should be able to get away with swapping parts in a line that has had major uphevals because of an inordinate amount of swapped parts? Not following the logic. : /