Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: PROTECTED: Stinkor's arms: reasons fans hate them plus implications and solutions

Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Stinkor - with reversed forearms removed & replaced with King Carnivus' - repainted. Same with feet.

Attachment 76619
    Wow! That looks great!!!!!

I finally got around to taking my Stinkor out of the box. He was my favourite when I was 5 years old, and I have to say, I think he's my favourite MOTUC so far. He smells slightly different than the one I had as a kid but he still smells awesome! His arms I guess, are a little strange but when he's holding his gun/shield, he looks so damn cool! Love him!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Sooo, just out of curiosity, I checked and compared Stinkors shoulders with Zodac, as he just happens to stand in front of me on my desk. Stinkor is allright. But Zodac has two right shoulders...
    Ah, jeez...you've given me something else to check!!!
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Wow. Those Carnivus feet look SO good on him! MUCH better than the duck feet. Now I think I need to swap.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I like to use acrylic paints... the ones from craft stores in the small bottles with the flip top caps. Each bottle costs less than 3 bucks. They dry with a flat finish too. The tricky part is having a steady hand, good eye, and a fine brush to do the white stripes.
    I don't think you need THAT steady a hand even, the outer arm is smaller that than inner arm (the proper ones) so if you want just a white strip would work and not look out of place. I personally did a bit of a pattern just because i like it, but found that the fur part is so small it didn't need one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eternian Poet View Post
    Stinkor - with reversed forearms removed & replaced with King Carnivus' - repainted. Same with feet.

Attachment 76619
    now paint the loin cloth white you have a pretty good MYP stinkor!! noce job!!
    Quote Originally Posted by He-Boy View Post
    I wonder if heating up the plastic has any affect on his smell. Mind you though it is reasonably easy to heat up the arms without heating the torso.
    with mine heating it up made the stinkor smell stronger and reduced the plastic smell.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Really? was this yours or a widespread problem?? I only know of Goddess' shattering hip (which you didn't add either because you're listing your personal issues with the line or you forgot. ) Thankfully my original KG is still good.
    I think it was pretty common.

Actually, I didn't list Goddess because I was thinking of "customizing fixes". Now that I think about it, super-gluing 7 or 8 pieces back together so she'd be a whole figure again, DOES count (fixed it!).

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I remember a fair amount of people reporting this. It was because of damage during shipping due to how he was encased. It can't take too many bumps.
    I think it was actually a cheaper, more brittle plastic. When I took my original KG apart to fix him, the He-Man parts that I used felt markedly different...less brittle and more sturdy.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I think it was pretty common.

Actually, I didn't list Goddess because I was thinking of "customizing fixes". Now that I think about it, super-gluing 7 or 8 pieces back together so she'd be a whole figure again, DOES count (fixed it!).

Wow this is the first i heard of the KG thing. Thank my lucky stars on that huh? I still want a bronze one, to think a few years back I thought $80 was ridiculous to pay for him!!
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

I was going to change his arms regardless because I wanted a more 200X look.
    Attachment 76620

Finally fixed his arms and hit the shield details with a gloss varnish.

See more pics and check out my Stinkor Arm Fix Tutorial here... http://insidiouscustoms.blogspot.com...r-arm-fix.html