Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: Stinkor's arms: reasons fans hate them plus implications and solutions

I agree with this thread.

While I will say as a figure customizer myself and I know how to fix issues with all of the figures design or assembly issues... I personally am getting SUPER tired of having to go in an "fix" all of these simple production and or design issues on any and all of the MOTUC figures that keep coming out.

Monster High Crazy Detective Lubic's Avatar
    I still dont see why and how Reversed forarms make it "POP"??? A Skunk with Orange armor with bright blue weapons and Smells bad isnt enough?? There are other MOTUC Figures that could of used something extra and they didnt do anything? This whole thing stinks worse than Stinkor.

My concern is that since these are newly tooled forearms, that they will be used on other figures in the future. I have mine still MOC so I am not aware of how the gloves connect/interact with the forearm itself. Are they separate pieces? If not, then how will the glove look if the forearm is correct? Will it still poke our. In other words was the glove designed to work with the wonky forearm? Or is it stretched because of the being put together incorrectly. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by JimPansen View Post
    I will never believe that switch was made on purpose.
    Those arms are made from a new tool! Its obvious there went something wrong in production.
    They wanted to make them pop? Thats absurd. Not even Mattel can be that blind.
    that's why they needed to pop.

i remember when we asked for him to get Hordaks feet and TG told us that that's how the 4H wanted him so they would not change him....but then they chaged the arms lol

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    Dark Sorceress: Can you confirm that? I'd like to read it, because if that's true something is really fishy.
    Last edited by nuno; May 30, 2012 at 06:41am.

Quote Originally Posted by nuno View Post
    Dark Sorceress: Can you confirm that? I'd like to read, it because if that's true, something is really fishy.
    I remember this as well. Just not from where. Maybe look in the Stinkor thread. Either that or it was mentioned in a RGD. Actually, I think there was a thread devoted to DUCK FEETS and Stinkor...

i think its on ask Matty but i'm not 100% on that

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Two things;

1. Why did Scott decide it important enough to change Stinkor when other characters like Clawful came out so true to the vintage?

2. Why was money wasted on a change that no-one asked for and no-one wants?

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    i remember when we asked for him to get Hordaks feet and TG told us that that's how the 4H wanted him so they would not change him....but then they chaged the arms lol
    Haha! I remember this nonsense as well.

So the same design team that gave us the Sorceress drums decided to make a change NOBODY(paying customers!!!) asked for or wanted? Yet if these same customers ask for slight changes(not sculpt related) like Hordak boots, they say no? Scott and friends need to start listening to customers and not take it upon themselves to decide what we want. This is all ASSUMING they didn't make up the "we mean't to do that" story, which I don't believe.
    Last edited by MasterCollector; May 29, 2012 at 09:34pm.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Court Magician
    I believe the line will end before the end of next year. Goodbye ghostbusters already. I think they are drifting to far off course of the CLASSIC line.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Sorceress View Post
    I think at this point it’s safe to say that Scott’s full of it in just about anything he says. He still can’t give a believable non contradictory answer as to why they won’t do 200x heads.

I am in agreement. This is just another QC screw up that they have "tried" to cover up with the "intentional pop" lie.
    This is one figure where I am hoping to get a parts reversal screw up cos then it will be correct! lol

He-Bro, how does the elbow part assemble? Is it difficult to do this part of the swop? Cos I am no customiser
    NOW DOING CHARACTER ART COMMISSIONS - PM FOR DETAILS
    DeviantArt Gallery
    Week Daze - my webcomic
    The Return to Anwat Gar

Andrew, nothing about swapping parts is difficult with MOTUC. Even the feet are easily exchanged, even though the pins are rather small and not really pliable.
    But elbows - very easy! Just heat ´em up with a hairdryer and pry them apart. Heat ´em up again for reassembly after you painted the white stripe.
    Positivity, folks!
    Let´s all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    looks like i will be switching the arms & painting them eventually. i really dont want to do that & risk it not looking right.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Fantastic job! Thank you.

This will be very helpful when it comes to fixing this latest Mattel debacle when my Stinkor arrives.

Quote Originally Posted by He-bro View Post
    Here's the fix:

To see all the pictures and description:

http://he-man.us/Innovations/MOTUC-C...ngStinkor.html
    Thanks He-Bro! This is certainly going to help Switching is not something I am concerned with, but I did have problems with my one-and-only experience with acrylic paint, for some reason it didn't dry properly
    Evil Master of Thinking!

I really don't think there are any implications from this forearm swap. If it was intentional, it's the first time out of what...80+ figures? I didn't like the way Stinkor's forearms looked when I received him, so I fixed it myself. That's the solution. Every single person should be able to do this...we're not talking about a major customization here.
    I assume unless we've gone back to the stone age everyone is capable of boiling water. A quick dip in some hot water, you pop 'em off and switch 'em. That's it. As for the painting, again, it takes zero artistic ability. You're not painting a portrait, you're painting a jagged line. If you can write, you can do this.
    Two bottles of cheap acrylic paint from Wal-Mart...black and antique white. Cost me two bucks and Stinkor is just as the 4H intended.

Some folks will say, "I shouldn't have to fix it." Well, that's true, but it is what it is. You can either live with it, hope for a non-existent limb-pack to be made which will undoubtedly cost you more than two bucks, or fix it yourself.
    Last edited by Skeletortilla; May 30, 2012 at 07:35am.
    SKELETORTILLA...Evil Painter of MOTU
    My DeviantArt page http://dwaynepinkney.deviantart.com/
    Available for commissions

Hair dryer is recommended over hot water. Apparently hot water changes the molecular structure of the plastic and makes it brittle over time. Heat guns can melt the plastic if you're not careful. Hair dryers are just perfect, and faster, with less mess than boiling water. I'm going now to link He-bros tutorial from his site to the OP of this thread. I'll be doing the same with other how to's that I find, so it may interest you to check back from time to time.

Thanks for breaking it down for everyone, He-bro! No one should be afraid to fix this figure.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholighkun View Post
    Hair dryer is recommended over hot water. Apparently hot water changes the molecular structure of the plastic and makes it brittle over time. Heat guns can melt the plastic if you're not careful. Hair dryers are just perfect, and faster, with less mess than boiling water.
    Water does nothing to the "molecular structure" of plastic. Heat, however, and prolonged exposure to heat can warp and damage action figure plastic. The delivery method does not make a difference, be it water or hair dryer. In my experience, water more evenly distributes the heat throughout the plastic piece therefore making breakage less likely to occur. Further, don't put the whole figure in hot water if you don't have to. For the Stinkor swap, you literally need to put only his forearms and wrists in the hot water.

If you want to learn more about ABS plastic (the type of plastic used for most toys) here...

And how it performs under heat and cold here...

I used a hair dryer for mine and it worked perfectly. It does not take much heat to pop the forearms off. I also recommend swapping the arms before you paint them.

View my collection and customs HERE!

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Replikor View Post
    I agree with this thread.

While I will say as a figure customizer myself and I know how to fix issues with all of the figures design or assembly issues... I personally am getting SUPER tired of having to go in an "fix" all of these simple production and or design issues on any and all of the MOTUC figures that keep coming out.
    I, too, agree with this thread.

And I will add that as a non-figure customizer, I know how to find the fixes for issues with all of the figures (and thanks to Hunter Knight and others, I have done this) I am ALSO getting tired to having to fix something that should never have been amiss to begin with.

I'm, again, calling 100% BS on the "I meant to do that!" answer. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

2013 will be another non-sub year for me.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post
    I'm, again, calling 100% BS on the "I meant to do that!" answer. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.
    Your support means more research for the Myostatin-challenged.