Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: PROTECTED: Stinkor's arms: reasons fans hate them plus implications and solutions

I Love Filmation Variants TUC138's Avatar
    Thanks for the fix He-Bro !

But boy, Stinkor does looks CHEAP ! Heck, they haven’t painted his shin straps either !! ! Cant do even this Mattel ???

Quote Originally Posted by Big Country View Post

I'm, again, calling 100% BS on the "I meant to do that!" answer. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining.

Nailed On The Head !!!
    THE BIGGEST, BADDEST SUPPORTER OF VARIANTS IN MOTUC..... JUST BEHIND MGM THAT IS !!

LOOSE & INCOMPLETE UNNAMED ONE/GORPO FOR SALE !

I wonder if heating up the plastic has any affect on his smell. Mind you though it is reasonably easy to heat up the arms without heating the torso.

Quote Originally Posted by TUC138 View Post
    Thanks for the fix He-Bro !

But boy, Stinkor does looks CHEAP ! Heck, they haven’t painted his shin straps either !! ! Cant do even this Mattel ???

Nailed On The Head !!!
    he lost paint and so did prime but look...TMS has all his paint aps mmm anyone find that odd?

the King needs his Queen and pet! Queen Veena and Battle Lion for MOTUC!

For the Love of Illumina & her Cat Sleetah!!
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/156251727799742/
    my Feedback http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205099
    my sale page http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=205041

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not buying it. and they have proven over and over that they have no intention of fixing reversed parts.

To be fair to Spector, he doesn't really have much going on in terms of paint apps. BUT, the lack of paint on Stinkors weapons is really disappointing.

I'm in two minds about the story behind the forearms. It [i]could[\i] be a design choice (albeit a bad one) or Scott could have considered this outcome to be bettet than admitting to another error. Either way it's a FAIL.

Heroic Warrior
    I'm sorry, but I will give the human race the benifit of the doubt here and say, NOBODY... and I mean nobody is that _______to actually decide to reverse the forearms as a creative impulse. Search your feelings people, you know it to be true. We were taken for the ass when told that. My guess is the "L" and "R" stamps got mixed up during the mold making process so they left it that way knowing the factory workers would never be able to adapt to the change. Then came up with a BS reason for why they did it and figured we would believe it. Whats even better is that they obviously caught the mistake early on, but didn't fix it because of the cost to do it. It's cheaper to come up with a cockamamy rationale.

Great thread. I am amazed that Mattel could make such a mistake. It's one that should have been easily avoided. I'm tempted to customize mine also.
    Is there a certain color that works best? Would you recommend a particular marker for this work, or a simple paint brush?

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    Great thread. I am amazed that Mattel could make such a mistake. It's one that should have been easily avoided. I'm tempted to customize mine also.
    Is there a certain color that works best? Would you recommend a particular marker for this work, or a simple paint brush?
    I like to use acrylic paints... the ones from craft stores in the small bottles with the flip top caps. Each bottle costs less than 3 bucks. They dry with a flat finish too. The tricky part is having a steady hand, good eye, and a fine brush to do the white stripes.

Quote Originally Posted by mekaneckpain View Post
    I'm sorry, but I will give the human race the benifit of the doubt here and say, NOBODY... and I mean nobody is that _______to actually decide to reverse the forearms as a creative impulse. Search your feelings people, you know it to be true. We were taken for the ass when told that. My guess is the "L" and "R" stamps got mixed up during the mold making process so they left it that way knowing the factory workers would never be able to adapt to the change. Then came up with a BS reason for why they did it and figured we would believe it. Whats even better is that they obviously caught the mistake early on, but didn't fix it because of the cost to do it. It's cheaper to come up with a cockamamy rationale.
    I agree! .

Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    2. Point is, a lot of folks don't believe it was intentional, and was yet again just sloppy QC. TG and Mattel have very little credibility with fans, and both have been caught flat out telling us something that is not true. We're talking about the company who cried wolf once too often. It is hard to swallow when we've been told time and again that such aesthetic choices are left to the Horsemen (it doesn't help TG or Mattel that most of those cases involved deflecting the blame for something fans were displeased with to the Fab Four). Now, suddenly, the design team takes it on themselves to make a change that just happens to give the same results as one of the main problems the line has had? Some folks simply aren't buying it (and I'm among them), and that is adding to the outrage.
    ^ Perfectly sums up the situation!

I also believe this is an error, not a design decision. I may look stoopid...

But if it is a new design precedent by TG and Matty, then...
    Now Showing
    Blade
    Coming Attractions
    Baby Skeletor (just kidding)

Quote Originally Posted by AdultCollector View Post
    For the stripes I used a mixture of basic White and Quaker Gray from Delta Ceramacoat. I used basic Black to paint over the original stripes. Finish it off with a matte varnish and you should be good to go. So far I have no chipping or flaking. I used a fine paint brush to paint the stripes and a medium to pain over the originals.
    View my collection and customs HERE!

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Skeletortilla View Post
    Two bottles of cheap acrylic paint from Wal-Mart...black and antique white. Cost me two bucks and Stinkor is just as the 4H intended.

Some folks will say, "I shouldn't have to fix it." Well, that's true, but it is what it is. You can either live with it, hope for a non-existent limb-pack to be made which will undoubtedly cost you more than two bucks, or fix it yourself.
    Mattel should be giving everyone who bought Stinkor a $2 discount on their next purchase then.... plus labor, so $3.

got my stinkor yesterday and yeah I have to join the chorus now that I see em in person, the forearms look STUPID! sigh, I didn't WANT to perform reconstructive surgery, but outside og that and the paint apps missing I love the figure he's amazing!! Toyguru needs to learn somethings, You don't spit in the wind, you don't tug on superman's cape, and you don't mess with the horsemen's sculpts.

So this weekend I have to by paints and sealer. sigh
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

This may not be a popular option, but it is one option, and how I currently have my "corrected" Stinkor, sans any repainting...
    – No comment.

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    I fixed both of my Stinkors last night. They look WORLDS better now.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I'm annoyed they messed with the forearms. I initially thought it was another assembly error but now I fully believe it was some Mattel suit wanting to make his mark on the He-Man toy line. Which makes me angry because I consider it my toyline, which is silly but it's how I feel.

DON'T MESS WITH MY STUFF!

Corrected the forearms today. Still need to paint, though. I hate having to repair Mattels faults and mistakes. All I want is to enjoy my MOTUC toys.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm not so mad about the backwards arms. Well, I'm mad but it is what it is. I'm more mad about the lame excuses we got once we called them out on it. I think it's better for the brnd manager not to say anything at all rather than make up bull crap answers. But, I guess that is what it is also.

I was completely prepared to swap my Stinkor's arms when I got them (one for vintage look, one for 200x look) but, honestly, once I got them and posed them the way that I wanted them in my display, the forearm error was such a non-issue for me that I think I'll just leave it alone at this point. I can always do it later.

Those that have done it, though - the corrected arms do look so much better on him! Great work, everyone!
    Visit me at www.cjedwardsart.com

Now with more Facebook! Personal: http://www.facebook.com/welcomeback/...cj.edwards.142 and Official CJ Edwards Art page: http://www.facebook.com/cjedwardsart

For more Bearshow art, please visit my DeviantArt account: http://cjedwardsart.deviantart.com/

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Corrected the forearms today. Still need to paint, though. I hate having to repair Mattels faults and mistakes. All I want is to enjoy my MOTUC toys.
    Hmmm...

Original King Grayskull w "shattering ankle and hip" action feature
    Original He-Man (shoulders)
    Stratos (freed his wings)
    Green Goddess (exploding hip/codpiece feature)
    Roboto (shoulders)
    King Hsss (shoulders)
    Stinkor (forearms) AND one of my 2 has two left shoulders (REALLY, Mattel?!?!?)

I'm kind of getting used to it.
    Last edited by Larry Waters; June 11, 2012 at 01:48pm.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Artichokes aren't evil! MasterCollector's Avatar
    I have two Roboto's and both came with two left biceps. I know somewhere out there somebody has one with two right biceps but I have yet to find them.
    "Evilseed with his MYP redesign dominated the poll pulling ahead with a massive lead."

Hmmm...

Original King Grayskull w "shattering ankle and hip" action feature
    Really? was this yours or a widespread problem?? I only know of Goddess' shattering hip (which you didn't add either because you're listing your personal issues with the line or you forgot. ) Thankfully my original KG is still good.
    CHECK OUT MY BRAND NEW WEBSITE for my Akil and Saltfish comic strip, more to come soon!

I've got everything that I need, right in front of me! Life's a happy song people!

Fear is faith in failure

Quote Originally Posted by krosfyah View Post
    Really? was this yours or a widespread problem?? I only know of Goddess' shattering hip (which you didn't add either because you're listing your personal issues with the line or you forgot. ) Thankfully my original KG is still good.
    I remember a fair amount of people reporting this. It was because of damage during shipping due to how he was encased. It can't take too many bumps.

As far as Stinkor, he definitely looks better the way the 4 Horsemen originally did him.

Sooo, just out of curiosity, I checked and compared Stinkors shoulders with Zodac, as he just happens to stand in front of me on my desk. Stinkor is allright. But Zodac has two right shoulders...
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Stinkor - with reversed forearms removed & replaced with King Carnivus' - repainted. Same with feet.

Attachment 76619
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!