Page 2 of 32 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Stridor/Night Stalker Discussion Thread

After yesterday's reveals, I' hope maybe they'll do something like a (out of sub) Stridor & Nightstalker 2-pack (priced $100-150). Before yesterday, I would have never thought something like that would be possible, but now it wouldn't surprise me anymore. I don't care how it's released, but I want my MOTUC Stridor.

- Joni -

I don't understand, in who's book is Mantisaur more worthy for the classics line then Stridor and Nightstalker?

Elder Councilman
    You know, they said they'd continue making toys as long as we'd buy them; perhaps an incentive for 2016? Just saying
    "Whoever says money is evil...doesn't have it"- Boiler Room

Skeletor's Right Hand Man Megalodon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EuroCoin View Post
    After yesterday's reveals, I' hope maybe they'll do something like a (out of sub) Stridor & Nightstalker 2-pack (priced $100-150). Before yesterday, I would have never thought something like that would be possible, but now it wouldn't surprise me anymore. I don't care how it's released, but I want my MOTUC Stridor.

- Joni -
    I'd take that in a minute I saw the custom one go for hundreds just for ONE $100 I can do...

Heroic Warrior
    After the reveal of the 2000x two pack yesterday, our chances for Strydor next year have pretty much dropped to 0. There just aren't enough spots left, even out of sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Fisto69 View Post
    I don't understand, in who's book is Mantisaur more worthy for the classics line then Stridor and Nightstalker?
    If it is true, I think it would be due to the hard...er, the supreme attentive affection that seems to be focused on Hordak in the line. I'm a PoP guy, Hordak is great and all - but...it's a bit much, IMO.

It's funny, because Classics Hordak actually looks pretty sweet with a vintage Mantisaur - unlike Stridor, who I've never tried but I presume would look like a big large 300LB man riding a pony.

There is no space in the sub left after yesterday's reveals. The only chance of still getting Stridor is out of the sub in the last quarter of next year - like the Battle Ram this year.

Nightstalker is not going to happen and there is only 1 figure spots left that can surprise us - SDCC...I hold out hope for the RED Knight...but I doubt he will get the last spot, everything else is all set.
    COMPLETE THE COLLECTION !

MY Feedback Thread : http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=191572

It makes so much more sense to do Stridor over Mantisaur. This would allow for Nightstalker after 2015. I hope he is the $60 item.
    IT'S TIME FOR MOTUC TO GO GREEN … INCLUDE THE TWIGGETS IN 2018!!!

Inspector Darkney Master Sebrian Gleep Spyster Admiral Scurvey Squall Starburst She-Ra ScratchinSound Catra Grot Caz Drissi Crystal Moonbeam/Sun Dancer Meliac NA Adam Chef Allen Songster Scrollos Kowla Red Eye Brightmoon Palace Guards

Heroic Warrior

My prediction

Not likely we will see stridor or night stalker...based on price points listed in 2015 sub info page

I'd be all over a Stridor & Nightstalker two pack, hope Matty can at least give us Stridor.

We need Stridor!!
    Harken the coming of Dragstor!!

I'm hoping a 2-pack would be available out of sub next year

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    I'll also join the campaign to promote these two indispensable steeds! We NEED Stridor/Nightstalker in MOTUC!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

I suppose the vast majority of the Stridor/Night Stalker fans allready are aware of this, but, should there be fans out there, who have NOT yet visited the facebook page of mr Don Schomer, I most strongly urge you to do so!
    His Classic custom reneditions of the robot steeds are nothing short of awesome in the magnificenth degree! And yes, he makes them for sale! I have placed my order for both the steeds, and I can not wait to receive them..!

A little disappointed we didn't get one of these revealed, hopefully still get them
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by smaug View Post
    I suppose the vast majority of the Stridor/Night Stalker fans allready are aware of this, but, should there be fans out there, who have NOT yet visited the facebook page of mr Don Schomer, I most strongly urge you to do so!
    His Classic custom reneditions of the robot steeds are nothing short of awesome in the magnificenth degree! And yes, he makes them for sale! I have placed my order for both the steeds, and I can not wait to receive them..!

which is why I'm chomping at the bit... so to speak to find out if Stridor is coming or not. I'd hate to look elsewhere and then oh he is coming with my subscription.

Evil Master of Spaghetti Kobra Khan's Avatar
    Depending on how well the 2015 sub sells other out-of-sub items may be considered. There's still hope!
    Pasta la vista, baby!

NA in MOTUC, 10 more to go! Artilla, Butthead, Hoove, Kayo, Lizorr, Nocturna, Sagitar, Spinwit, Staghorn, Vizar.

Im sure we will see these guys. Packed with Fisto and Jitsu. Both characters go for good money on the aftermarket and have 200x add ons that people could use the bucks for. If not next year then maybe early 2016 if/when another sub happens

I'd be sad if we never got these two. If I had to pick one over the other I'd pick Night Stalker, I like the evil horse better, especially it's colour scheme.

As for Mantisaur, maybe he's cheaper to tool. If you think about, 1 leg x 4, 1 arm then mirror the mold (I assume they can do that) for the other. And then it's a head, a body and saddle and a gun if I'm not mistaken. Or, perhaps Mattel feel that Hordak needs his ride more than Fisto or Jitsu.

I sincerely hope we get all three, that or they could be saving them as future sub lures. Time will tell.

Heroic Warrior
    Does anyone know if NightStalker in the Collector's choice sub will be articulated?, or just stuck in the vintage toy pose?
    I can not find an answer anywhere on the web, and I was so disappointed with both vintage Stridor and vintage NightStalker, which I finally saw in person eighteen months ago.
    Never had them in the early '80's. I expected their legs to be movable. Both vintage Stridor and NightStalker are frozen-form Non-articulated vintage figures, which are supposed to be vehicles? Beasts?
    Please, someone verify that Night Stalker will have articulation in this release!.
    Then I can place my order for the Collector's Choice sub without, continuously wondering, "Are they making NightStalker a frozen or articulated character?" running through my head.
    My favorite MOTU vintage toy was battery powered Attack-Track.
    I also enjoyed Man-E-Faces and the figures that had some type of additional movement beyond limb and waist articulation.
    Articulated Battle cat and Panthor are awesome articulated beasts, in Classics!

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by DolphinSong2 View Post
    Does anyone know if NightStalker in the Collector's choice sub will be articulated?, or just stuck in the vintage toy pose?
    I can not find an answer anywhere on the web, and I was so disappointed with both vintage Stridor and vintage NightStalker, which I finally saw in person eighteen months ago.
    Never had them in the early '80's. I expected their legs to be movable. Both vintage Stridor and NightStalker are frozen-form Non-articulated vintage figures, which are supposed to be vehicles? Beasts?
    Please, someone verify that Night Stalker will have articulation in this release!.
    Then I can place my order for the Collector's Choice sub without, continuously wondering, "Are they making NightStalker a frozen or articulated character?" running through my head.
    My favorite MOTU vintage toy was battery powered Attack-Track.
    I also enjoyed Man-E-Faces and the figures that had some type of additional movement beyond limb and waist articulation.
    Articulated Battle cat and Panthor are awesome articulated beasts, in Classics!

Thanks.
    It will definitely be articulated. I can't remember where I heard that, but it was either from the horsemen or Brandon. In one of Dan's video interviews. They were talking about how they wanted it to be articulated and able to hold the classic pose the vintage toys did.

grumpy old dragon scott metzger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by darkmoon766 View Post
    It will definitely be articulated. I can't remember where I heard that, but it was either from the horsemen or Brandon. In one of Dan's video interviews. They were talking about how they wanted it to be articulated and able to hold the classic pose the vintage toys did.
    Brandon mentioned that in the walkthrough with Dan; unless something majorly changes, NS will be articulated. Not sure to what extent, though I do think I recall something about a snake-like neck joint with multiple points of movement.
    "I will use this power for all the good that can be done, to work for peace, to encourage virtue, and above all, to preserve life in all its forms..." Superman

Motuc Blister Eater OnlyOneSkeletor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scott metzger View Post
    Brandon mentioned that in the walkthrough with Dan; unless something majorly changes, NS will be articulated. Not sure to what extent, though I do think I recall something about a snake-like neck joint with multiple points of movement.
    Also: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3kKHLRf-fyk
    if you'd ever like to hear the news with your own ears that's at 14:46.
    TheFwoosh has recorded its very first podcast for the occasion, that's where you'll get extra infos (15:40 approx.)
    http://content.blubrry.com/fwoosh_fwooshcast/Four_Horsemen_SDCC_2015.m4a

Powers of Grayskull Lord Snake Hunter's Avatar
    It seems that the prototype colors are incorrect. The weapons are blue, but vintage one was purple.

TOP 20 MOTUC ITEMS WISHLIST

-SONGSTER -SCROLLOS -EVIL ROBOT -STRIDOR -METEORBS

NA: -GLEANONS -GALACTYMITES -WEAPONSTRONIC -SAGITAR -STAGHORN
    MYP: -QUEEN ANDREENO -GNOME MARZO -ORACLE -ODIPHUS -BONE MUTANT
    POG: -GRAY -BIONATOPS -TURBODACTYL -TYRANTISAURUS -BATTLERAPTOR

Probably just the lighting.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!