Page 32 of 32 FirstFirst ... 22303132

Thread: Stridor/Night Stalker Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    The thing is they made strider match the vintage colour wise. Aside of no shields stridor is exactly the same as the vintage one just as nightstalker matches his vintage look Colour and paint wise.

Some fans just assumed since it’s classics he would get extra detail paint deco and that may please some,but not everyone might have wanted that.
    That is how these figures have been produced. Taking strong inspiration design-wise from vintage MotU and giving them more articulation and detail. That includes paint hits. I don't think it'd have been offensive to any fans had they added a slightly different shade of orange to SOME of the gears in the legs or even a gloss highlight here and there. They did that to the neck, it's not all flat plastic it has gloss trim on each section. Also, there's more sculpted detail including the back of the seat…that was also DIFFERENT from Night Stalker on the vintage steed, not just the shields.
    200X fan? Classic fan? What does that mean? I'm a MotU fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Yes but Stridor looks like his vintage counterpart. Original stridor did not have paint deco hits on the legs at all. Nightstalker looks like his vintage counterpart paint wise and same for stridor.

Those expecting more paint deco can always add it themselves but Super7 has to give everyone the same Stridor. Some would want the extra deco hits on the legs, others might not.
    Quote Originally Posted by chuc98 View Post
    That is how these figures have been produced. Taking strong inspiration design-wise from vintage MotU and giving them more articulation and detail. That includes paint hits. I don't think it'd have been offensive to any fans had they added a slightly different shade of orange to SOME of the gears in the legs or even a gloss highlight here and there. They did that to the neck, it's not all flat plastic it has gloss trim on each section. Also, there's more sculpted detail including the back of the seat…that was also DIFFERENT from Night Stalker on the vintage steed, not just the shields.

That was definitely the way the line was supposed to be. I was QUITE upset that Stinkor's weapons and Blade's swords had no deco, when every other accessory had some kind of highlights, just like every other MOTUC item.

Quote Originally Posted by Dokto View Post
    I remember someone on the Org was selling custom MOTUC scale robot horses before the "official" Nightstalker came out. Do you guys remember that?

I would love to see some comparison shots of the MOTUC custom robot horses alongside the official MOTUC robot horses. Can't find anything about it here or with google.

Can anyone help out? Thanks!
    I bought his Night Stalker. It's really quite an awesome item.

I'll post comparison pics tomorrow
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

Quote Originally Posted by bcrduke View Post
    I bought his Night Stalker. It's really quite an awesome item.

I'll post comparison pics tomorrow
    Hey, great! Looking forward to it!
    2018 Super7 Dream: Filmation FISTO with chrome fist!

I remember someone on the Org was selling custom MOTUC scale robot horses before the "official" Nightstalker came out. Do you guys remember that?

I would love to see some comparison shots of the MOTUC custom robot horses alongside the official MOTUC robot horses. Can't find anything about it here or with google.

Can anyone help out? Thanks!
    Here you go: reKIMG0104.jpgKIMG0103.jpgKIMG0102.jpgKIMG0104.jpg Suffice to say, this custom Stridor is like a tank and I love it The Nightstalker figure weighs like a pound? whereas Stridor probably weighs 2-3 pounds.

"Free! Free! Free!"
    free.jpg
    Movies, comics, toys, books & TV reviews. Nerdmasté! http://youtube.com/michaelmercy

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures!

Fascinating that the height of the custom and the official is almost the same, but the custom is wider/longer! I agree with you that the custom is a great looking item. IMHO, someone who knew nothing about the robot horses might mistake the custom for the official. Really interesting how similar they are, but yes, very different at various points of design and execution.

Thanks again!

WOW! Thank you for taking the time to post these pictures!

Fascinating that the height of the custom and the official is almost the same, but the custom is wider/longer! I agree with you that the custom is a great looking item. IMHO, someone who knew nothing about the robot horses might mistake the custom for the official. Really interesting how similar they are, but yes, very different at various points of design and execution.

Thanks again!
    Welcome!

One of the Virginias, United States of America, but mostly in the Hidden Land of Avalon
    I fixed up my Stridor with these stickers I scored from Ebay. These are actually vintage repros for Vintage 80's MOTU Stridor. They fit great and give him his shields and back of seat tech detail. I also added the vent sticker just because I can. The only sticker I couldn't use was the console sticker. These are high quality and have been staying pretty good. Only drawback is the seller is in Australia so I had to wait for them. One asise, the stickers are in better scale with the modern version than the vintage one.

Not the only set of repros I have gotten from this seller. Got some repros for my Vintage Castle Greyskull and Talon Fighter/Point Dread from this guy and they are great also. In addition the came with recreations of the cardboard inserts as well. Price is decent, just the travel time being the only issue. He has other sets also. Just search for him on ebay, I am not posting any links or seller info do to forum rules. Though the picture of the sticker sheet does feature some info.

Thought I would post this as an option for those people who want to Stridor to have some of his lost vintage details. Sorry for the quality of pics but I took them with my phone which is the only camera I have on hand.
    Griffen Is not My real name, just what I aspire to be.

I collect MOTU/POP, Transformers, Garfield the Cat, & 80's/90's Book & Tape/Record Sets. I collect VHS & DVD of 80's-00's properties. I get comic books, novels, & ViewMaster Reels as well. If you want to discuss this stuff & other things, then PM me here on the .org. I enjoy anime, video games, & sci-fi, too. DC or Marvel, it's all good.

Ha, found my old post about Stridor.
    Quote Originally Posted by worldwar_hulk View Post
    Uugghh!
    I really want to grab Stridor. But $80 man! After tax & shipping, I don't think I can do it.
    Super7's stuff hasn't been top notch so far. Compared to mattel, the slightly higher prices here combined with slightly lower quality products so far... at $80 I really think this is where I'm gonna have to draw the line.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by horseman1981 View Post
    ...They would have been smart to have some on hand for the show. $60 and no shipping would sell a ton there I would assume.
    So, there was a convention in my home town. Super7 showed up again for the 2nd year in a row. And sure enough there was some MOTUC stuff available. And one of those items was STRIDOR!!!

So I still stand my ground that $80 after tax + shipping is too much. But when Super7 comes to town and has Stridor on hand for $60 out the door, I can't pass on that.

So yeah, horseman1981 - I think that you're absolutely right, $60 and no shipping is the right price for these guys. Super7 needs to hit up more convention shows.

I also grabbed Filmation Teela for $35. Passed on Filmation Tri Klops for $35 (probably should have just grabbed one for trading purposes). They also had Quake on hand, and Hawke, I think? But I already had those 2. So I passed on them.

Oh yeah and even better, when I got home from the show I had a Super7 package sitting at my front door.
    I got Dylamug, Karg, Wrap Trap, Granita, and Filmation Tung Lashor.

Hey, great! Looking forward to it!
    Sorry this took a while!!!

IMG_2302.jpg
    IMG_2303.jpg
    IMG_2306.jpg
    A Want List: Starburst She-Ra, Slamurai, Mini Comic Tri-Klops, Mini-Comic/Vintage Toy costume Catra, The Enchantress, Kayo, Joya, Lt. Andra, Storm, The Twiggets, Melaktha, Sagitar, Spirit, Kothos, Master Sebrian, Scrollos, Weapons Paks, Fuerza T figures, 200X Sorceress, King Miro.

Filmation Variants: Prince Adam, Adora, Count Marzo, Leech, Entrapta, Modulok, Glimmer, Bow, Catra w/ Cat Form

Just opened my Stridor today. I usually put off on opening these things because stuff like this happens.

We'll see if I am able to get any help.

- - - Updated - - -

Still no response from Super7. Any advice from anyone to expedite a resolution?

- - - Updated - - -

Just got a response to my second request for help.

Widget
    Finally had some time to finish my Stridor repaint. The sculpt is fantastic, but Super 7 has dropped the ball with the lack of paint, it was too much like a toy, not a collector's item.

I wanted to give it a more realistic look - lots of shading and drybrushing. The worst part was painting the back of the seat, which was just the orange plastic, with the colors of the vintage sticker.

Beautiful work, Kurt!

I think the Club Grayskull "Filmation Fisto" would look amazing paired up with your Stridor!

Wow. That’s pretty nice work.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

That does look really cool. I've noticed that from time to time about these items looking more like toys than collector items. I've painted a few of the weapons myself because they were just so dull looking. Good work!

Beautiful work, Kurt!

I think the Club Grayskull "Filmation Fisto" would look amazing paired up with your Stridor!
    Ha ha! I completely disagree. Filmation Fisto would look horribly out of place on this thing of beauty. :-)

Actually...even Classics Fisto would probably look underwhelming/under-detailed on this thing, too.

My Steidor's helmet is horribly misshapen and currently held in place by some of those clear plastic bands from MOTUC packaging. Hoping it will eventually retain its shape so I can remove the bands.

If it were stored in a hot place, the combination of the rubber bands and the heat could have misshapen the helmet. I've seen people use hot water to soften the plastic back up and allow it to retake its original shape.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Nice job
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Quote Originally Posted by Arek Brimstone View Post
    Ha ha! I completely disagree. Filmation Fisto would look horribly out of place on this thing of beauty. :-)

Actually...even Classics Fisto would probably look underwhelming/under-detailed on this thing, too.
    Hey, why don't you re-paint your own Stridor and then re-paint whatever figure you want as the driver and post pics of them?

That would be interesting. :-)

Hey, why don't you re-paint your own Stridor and then re-paint whatever figure you want as the driver and post pics of them?

That would be interesting. :-)
    Not sure what you're getting at. I said this is a thing of beauty.