Page 5 of 32 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Stridor/Night Stalker Discussion Thread

What an awesome day!

A Stridor teaser and a new MOTU comic on the way!!
    There is plenty of life in this line and property yet!
    Grayskull needs its Cardboard Spacesuit MOTUCized

Voice your support in the Cardboard Spacesuit/Robot thread:
    http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=189199

Please, oh PLEASE, truly be a release of "Stridor;" and, somewhere down the line, rerelease Fisto!

Quote Originally Posted by wayne-klops View Post
    Huh? What blue and purple are you talking about for Stridor?

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    I was wondering the same. I read his post twice and still don't know what he's talking about. Oh well. The good news is, there is already too much detail shown in this teaser (circuitry) for it to be a boring Filmation version.

This is amazing news! Stridor is going to be awesome Fans that hate cool details will just have to bust out the sandpaper and make those sculpted details melt away!
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by davidlogan View Post
    I was wondering the same. I read his post twice and still don't know what he's talking about. Oh well. The good news is, there is already too much detail shown in this teaser (circuitry) for it to be a boring Filmation version.

This is amazing news! Stridor is going to be awesome Fans that hate cool details will just have to bust out the sandpaper and make those sculpted details melt away!
    My only guess is that maybe he was confused and was talking about Night Stalker instead.....but Night Stalker came out almost two years ago, and baronterror is on here enough that he should know that, so, until he clarifies, I suppose this remains a mystery .
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

Honestly. I can now die happy. As long as this is easy to get.
    Comedian on the matty forums.

Heroic slave of time man-at-work's Avatar
    OK, now that we started to see a tease of one oversized/beast item, I would like to politely ask: WHERE'S SAGITAR!!!!!????
    Wish list of MOTUC figures: Sagitar, Red Beast, Red Shadow, Red Knight, Hans Hammerholder, Ra-Jar

Quote Originally Posted by man-at-work View Post
    OK, now that we started to see a tease of one oversized/beast item, I would like to politely ask: WHERE'S SAGITAR!!!!!????
    I will pile on to that request!

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
    Most wanted: 1) Lizorr, 2) Sagitar, 3) King Miro, 4) Hunga, 5) Hoove, 6) Kayo, 7) Artilla, 9) Master Sebrian, 10) Masks of Power Demons, 11) Twiggets, 12) Raj-Jar, 13) Hans Hammerholder, 14) Staghorn, 15) Spinwit, 16) Kittrina, 17) Vizar, 18) Butthead, 19) Nocturna, 20) Melaktha, 21) Stridor, 22) Uncle Montork & Dree-Elle, 23) ABC Giants

I'm ready for my updated pog dinosaurs! Including Gigantasaur! That would be a dream.

It will only cost $2,000.00 dollars, arrive sometime in 2037, come in neon pink with green smears probably, and one of the legs will be a Sssssqueeze arm for some reason.

Excellent news! I've always said it would have been such a shame not to Stridor in Collectors tor Choice after we already got Night Stalker.
    MOTUC Most Wanted: Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

UK MOTU Fan Club Members - Add You Member Name to this Thread

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Bad View Post
    It will only cost $2,000.00 dollars, arrive sometime in 2037, come in neon pink with green smears probably, and one of the legs will be a Sssssqueeze arm for some reason.
    Sounds great! Sign me up!

Iím really stoked for everyone who wants this. I know itís a dream coming (hopefully) true for a great many here.

I hope it sells super well and opens up the possibility for more oversized items.

I'm not understanding all of the criticism about Stridor possibly being Filmation styled? Am I wrong assuming they will reuse the NS molds or retooling of NS, which was CC?

I would be happy just to finally get a Classics scale!

But I would love to see a 2-pack of Stridor and Filmation Fisto with a chrome fist!

What if this Stridor tease is for the 3.75" MOTUC line? Then it darn better come with a 3.75" Fisto!
    2018 Super7 Dream: Filmation FISTO with chrome fist!

Quote Originally Posted by Grayskull's Heir View Post
    I was really excited and was going to post that this is great news!
    But now I’m not so sure any more. If they really do this and we don’t get a Classics Stridor but a Filmation one instead, I’m out. I’ll cancel my preorders and boycott S7 forever.
    Even though I prefer the Filmation aesthetic in general since the vintage toys have long since been released in MOTUC, I do have to agree with you in this situation. Stridor SHOULD be the classicized version as it's silly to have Night Stalker in that style and not Stridor (especially since the vintage version came before the cartoon version and it's origin lies with the vintage style)

However I very much doubt it will be a Filmation version when it's almost certain they used the existing Night Stalker mold. If it required the toy be made at the Mattel factory even better and hopefully they thought to include Fisto too as an extra pack in as it's a good excuse to access the Fisto mold too. Then anyone who is in need of Classics Fisto will be inclined to buy Stridor too
    Most wanted Filmation style MOTUC figures:

Hunga the Harpy, Webstor, Kobra Khan, Leech, Whiplash, Rattlor, Catra Cat Form, Ram Man, Count Marzo, Two-Bad, King Miro, Twiggets, Frosta, Kothos and Admiral Scurvy.

Leg joints on Stridor will probably stick out 6" on all 4 legs. Super7 is in China again to make sure everything is perfect just like Teela and Hawke

Jokes aside about the latest Super-7 QC, since they seemingly have no access to the Night Stalker tooling and would logically have to do this all from scratch, I would request that they add ratchet Joints to the legs. At least the rear legs, so it can hold rearing poses. Night Stalker can NOT do that.

I am just waiting to see how they screw this up. I hope I am proven wrong. Go ahead Super-7. Really surprise me, and make it BETTER than Mattel's Night Stalker. I dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by MJOLNIR View Post
    I'm not understanding all of the criticism about Stridor possibly being Filmation styled? Am I wrong assuming they will reuse the NS molds or retooling of NS, which was CC?
    Brian Flynn was hoping to be able to use the Nightstalker Mattel mold I know that as he said as much several months back, Super7 didn't want to have to tool stridor from scratch as that would make things more difficult. So here is hoping that Mattel stepped in and got them use of the nightstalker mold and that the plastic quality will be really good.
    Collectors Choice most Wanted Characacters:

Hunga The Harpy, Sagitar, General Tateran, Kothos, 200x Sorceress, Crimson Countess, Inspector Darkney.

Club Grayskull Filmation most Wanted Characacters:

Kittrina, Melaktha, Leech, Filmation Horde Trooper, Prince Adam, Stratos, Modulok, Yukkers, Multibot, Ram-Man, Whiplash, Webstor.

Great news!

Like others have mentioned, here's the chance for ratchet joints and the missing control panel!

Heroic Warrior
    All things considered, this is Great news.....but, Super 7 needs to be upfront and let us know right off the bat whether this is indeed the Mattel mold or an all new one.
    I guess my biggest concern would be "shrinkage" like what supposedly happened to Teela.

Quote Originally Posted by mjw41 View Post
    Brian Flynn was hoping to be able to use the Nightstalker Mattel mold I know that as he said as much several months back, Super7 didn't want to have to tool stridor from scratch as that would make things more difficult. So here is hoping that Mattel stepped in and got them use of the nightstalker mold and that the plastic quality will be really good.
    Understood. Thanks. I figured the reason S7 went with Stridor as the initial large offering was that they had the tooling and made this less of a risk venture than say, Mantisaur or something tooled from scratch. Well hopefully even if they donít get the tooling from Mattel they can reverse engineer Night Stalker. Iím not against improvements like those mentioned earlier in the thread but would like both good and evil robotic mounts to look like they belong on the same shelf.

Would love to get a few of these. Hopefully they are the same as the other and made as good. And are near same price.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

The main thing I think that could be improved from Night Stalker to Stridor is narrowing the gaps in the neck pieces. While it's nice for Night Stalker's neck to be so well articulated, the gaps between each piece are a bit of an eyesore to me.

I just hope it is "metal" is silver and not flat, cheap-looking gray. If it's silver, it will be awesome.
    Last edited by davidlogan; April 19, 2018 at 12:06am. Reason: Forgot the word 'it'. Never take the word it for granted.
    "..."

Quote Originally Posted by abaddon View Post
    I bet it was going to be a Collectors' Choice release, but now has been repainted to be a Club Grayskull release. And it will come with Filmation Fisto.

Just a guess.
    I would love a filmation Fisto since I could never get my hands on a Classics Fisto.
    Skeletor, if there's a good bone in you, send help!
    There isn't! Never has been, never will be.