Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stridor/Night Stalker Speculation Thread

Stridor/Night Stalker Speculation Thread

I'm anticipating the inclusion of these two war horses, if you will, into the Classics line and believe they each warrant a spot. A modern updated incarnation of both horses with the FH touch (and hopefully without QC issues from the factory) would, i feel, be awesome. The thought did cross my mind a while back that perhaps these two should have come out before any vehicle as obviously they share parts, whereas (not taking anything away from the WR) we saw the aftermath of the WR. Of course, this is debatable...

I'm currently looking at the vintage horses now and to be honest, i prefer Night Stalker over Stridor (but not by much). I really like the black, gold and purple paint scheme and i can just imagine an update of this... I think Night Stalker should also come with a 'helmet'. Articulated legs are a must-have too, though that's most likely a given anyway.

Price-wise, i'm guesstimating around the $35 mark. I'd also wonder how far back, if at all, their bios would have them date back to and possible links to Fisto and Jitsu like their vintage counter-parts? Anyway, what are your thoughts on Stridor and Night Stalker?
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

I hate mentioning it, but the possibility of cyborg looking "clip on armor and back saddle" could work very well over the standard swiftwind horse buck/body... alot would disapprove of this method...

BUT I will explane why it would work.
    This method would require ALOT less toolin and as a simple clip together body cover for each section, as that would only be like 13 cover cliparound parts, and thats counting the 3 "plugged-in"" guns, plus it would also help "beef up" the size an more Robotic out the build of the body being done this way.

Also the holes for the wings would provide a easy use lock in anchor for the clip over armor for the large torso/body.

To date this method HAS been used with EXTREME success for clothing, and armored detailing on figures. Just look at alot of the figures their neck cover sculpting, armor, and clothing...

We have already seen how EXCELLENT the quality of these that the 4H have created can look for the body armor/clothing clip-on accessories, so I would def buy this style of Stridor/NightStalker, as the 4H would NOT do it just half way.

It would cover the body areas very well, I would expect it to clip together like the Marlenna "Queen gown", but for each area- torso, upper legs, middle legs, neck, head.

I mean at BEST... new body sculpt parts would only be larger hoofs for each foot, a diffrent neck, and head.... rest could be recycled.
    Last edited by Replikor; April 24, 2012 at 10:09am.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    those cyber horses were so cool. got to have them.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

Big yes to the horses, but a big no to the clip-on armor idea. These should be new tools. Characters sit in these; they don't straddle them!

I wonder if Stridor will get his Filmation story.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Evil Titan of Industry melmoth666's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    Big yes to the horses, but a big no to the clip-on armor idea. These should be new tools. Characters sit in these; they don't straddle them!

I wonder if Stridor will get his Filmation story.
    Exactly this. Fisto sits INSIDE Stridor. Its a FACT.
    Its a long time time to wait for Electroid Love---AREMESH in 2016!

I'm ok with clip on style. I kinda dont expect to see them large enough to fit the lower half of a figure inside them. Not certain that would look so good.

But I'm certainly open to them being done vintage. Just that I am open to either.

I will say that I can never decide which I liked better, because as was mentioned I liked Night Stalker's colours more.

Lightning League Leader kylun flac's Avatar
    reminds me of the cyber horse in the anime vampire hunter D. especially night stalker the black horse.
    Skeleton-Warriors, Ra-Jar, Spinwit, Rock Golem, Evil Seed, Lord Masque, Prahvus, General Tartaran, Hawke, Slob-Boar, King Agho, Hunga the Harpy, Sh'gora, Masks of Power Demons, Nocturna, Lizzor, Horde Wraiths, Sagitar, Crimson Fury, Lodar, Vizar, Angast, Negator, Melaktha, ABC Giants, Stridor

MOTUC Steeds

Now that we have fisto and jitsu why not their steeds? Maybe as a beast two pack--that would be great!

I wonder if we'll ever see Stridor. I had him as a kid and would like to see him in this line, fully articulated!
    Maybe a good idea would be to release him with a Fisto redeco in the package--stripped down of the 200x gear, and with slightly redder hair, and maybe minicomic-looking armor? Just a thought--a lot of people are looking for a Fisto, and while it would add cost to the package, it could also help sales.

I really hope we get Stridor ans Night Stalker, they would be easy repaints and some people could even army build with Stridor's:

MOTUC NA Most Wanted: Darius, Kayo, Vizar, Hoove, Lizorr

Wanted:
    Trade my Red Stone He-Ro Staff for a Green one
    HE-MAN UK Adventure Magazine #26

These would be my next "beast" wants. I don't really consider them as vehicles even though they kind of are. They are robotic but seem to have the personality of real horses to me.

Heroic Warrior
    Should be the next "Beast" slot in my view. I'd LOVE to see these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikor View Post
    Should be the next "Beast" slot in my view. I'd LOVE to see these guys.
    +1 on that.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Snappy Threader
    Yeah Stridor and Night Stalker would be so cool. Surely they are in the short-term mix. Hopefully anyway.

I hope these guys see the light of day. WAY more essential in my book than some of the d-list vintage figures we're getting
    By the ancients!!!

Lich Leech feedback thread

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    They are my most wanted mounts/vehicles after Battle-cat and Panthor. If we don't get them in MOTUC I will buy custom versions of them.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

It's time to rally! Let's make 2015 happen!!

Heroic Warrior Zodak's new shoes's Avatar
    They need to be in classics. I'd but them way above Gwildor.
    Satma needs to happen. I will mow your lawn for life, Scott.

I am hoping we get these guys. I think I will only be buying 2 of each though. I just feel like Stridor was a one and only and not an army. Like in the Filmation episode.
    Lipster Heroic Warrior

Evil Spaghetti Eater Kobra Khan's Avatar
    SCOOOTT! The final year is closing by, it is high time to announce the mechanical horses! Especially Stridor with a Fisto redeco. The mold can be used twice for MOTUC alone, then reused again for other boys lines. Don't disappoint me at SDCC.
    Pasta la vista, baby!

It's time to rally! Let's make 2015 happen!!

Court Magician

Likelihood of getting Stridor/Nightstalker in the 2015b sub

I'm based in England and so subbing up even with the help of a fantastic guy in the US of A is a lot more expensive for me. Being only a vintage collector there's a lot of dross in the second half of this year I've got to get rid of before I even recieve it, eg Flogg, Fluterina, Intergalactic Skeletor, Mermista, Arrow (WTF !). Consequently I'm in 2 minds as as if I want to sub for the final year, as far as I can see the vintage filmation characters left to push out in 2015 are :

Energy Zoids
    Lizard Man
    Ninjor
    Blast Attack
    Squeeze
    Saurod
    Dragstor
    Multi Bot

Which basically seems quite impressive, however what would really clinch it is if we have Stridor/Nightstalker as the quarterly slots. However seeing as we've got 1 Quarter covered with the SA He-Man/Kinh Hiss pack and also Buzz Saw Hordak, FF He-Man & Terror claws Skeletor to fit in somewhere, what do you guys think is the likelihood of them being in the sub.

I thought we would be getting one in 2014 and the other in 2015. That ship has sailed. If the holiday item in 2015 really is Mantisaur as has been rumored, I can only see them doing one, but not two, of the two horses as an item outside the sub. Very disappointing.
    Awesome sticker included!

I hope we do get both of them in the line it would be more affordable to get them

Unless we get Stridor outside of the sub next year, I fear that he may not get made. He could possibly be the $60 item, though. Unfortunately I'm not terribly confident that he's coming. However, I didn't think the Battle Ram was coming and totally didn't see SA He-Man and 200x Hiss getting made either.
    2015 MOTUC Line is ON! (Now make Tuskador PLEASE)

If the gods are with us, we will get Stridor and Night Stalker.
    My seller/trader/buyer feedback:
    http://he-man.org/forums/boards/showthread.php?t=195461

MOTUC Most Wanted: 1) Stridor 2) Night Stalker 3) Squeeeze 4) Roton 5) Multi-Bot 6) Dragstor 7) Saurod 8) Blast-Attak 9) Karg 10) Lodar 11) Mask of Power Demons 12) TC Skeletor 13) FF He-Man 14) Talon Fighter/Point Dread 15) Road Ripper 16) Lord Masque 17) Filmation Teela

Let's get Crita in MOTUC! The All American's Avatar
    It doesn't sound likely by the end of 2015, but anything is possible. Mattel should know how demanded Stridor and Night Stalker are.