Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prince Adam's Bio Discussion

Pizza flows through me HordeFan's Avatar

Prince Adam's Bio Discussion

Was it mentioned any where that PA would have his bio on the SDCC/Matty package? If not then it would stand to reason, I hope, that Adam will be released, at some point, on his own card with his own bio, right?? (Please!)

Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    Was it mentioned any where that PA would have his bio on the SDCC/Matty package? If not then it would stand to reason, I hope, that Adam will be released, at some point, on his own card with his own bio, right?? (Please!)

The package is Orko's (main point), so there has been no mentioning, that Adam's info would be included.
    I'd think Adam's bio would use most of the existing He-Man bio-text.

Do it right or not at all Reboot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HordeFan View Post
    THIS Adam probably won't be released on his own card - a rerelease will just be Orko-with-Adam again - but they've said they WILL do a Young (200X) Adam in the future, presumably on his own card; and there may also be a DC/MotU two-pack (blue) Adam in the future if that line continues, and he would also have a bio.

No!!! Adam will never be released on his own card...

This is penance to all you MOC collectors - pay for your sins for never freeing your action figures from their plastic prisons!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reboot View Post
    THIS Adam probably won't be released on his own card - a rerelease will just be Orko-with-Adam again - but they've said they WILL do a Young (200X) Adam in the future, presumably on his own card; and there may also be a DC/MotU two-pack (blue) Adam in the future if that line continues, and he would also have a bio.
    Well, Mattel did say they "WILL" they said "IF." And "IF" included all characters who had a drastic design 200X design like Evil-Lyn, Sorceress, King Randor, and Adam. Personally, kind of hope we don't get to him. I'm happy with the upcoming Adam figure.

And Jukka is right, why should Adam need a Bio when He-Man's bio covers everything.
    "I mark the hours every one, Nor have I yet outrun the Sun. My use & value unto you, are gauged by what you have to do."
    Enscribed onto Hermione Granger's Time Turner from Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban

Greatful his pants are on bskcase's Avatar
    Matty on some other website said that Adam doesn't need a bio. All you have to do is go look at He-man's bio. It's the same guy. She-ra is going to have the same bio as Adora. No point there in making a different one.

Orko is the important one and it was hinted that Orko is more important than just a court jester.
    We survived the long night.... MOTU Forever!

Well no, She-Ra and Adora already have different bios because she led a completely different life before meeting He-Man. Adam on the other hand didn't do much before becoming He-Man.

Heroic Master of Tugging CarKrash's Avatar
    I got it! I found Adams bio!

Adam of the House of Randor
    Adam is He-Man!

..shocking exclusive.

I think it would make more sense if Adam's Bio comes on the "younger" or "200X" Adam, since an older Adam has clearly been He-Man for quite some time already. A younger Adam might have more information about his personality before becoming He-Man. Was he a snotty, irresponsible brat (due to overprotective parents after a sibling's abduction), or has he always been the Golden Boy? What sort of relationship does he have with his parents? With Teela? Man-At-Arms?

I hope a 200X/younger Adam comes with his scepter, as well as the "collapsed" electronic sword.
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Collector of Toys 4 Life
    Quote Originally Posted by Uki View Post
    I think it would make more sense if Adam's Bio comes on the "younger" or "200X" Adam, since an older Adam has clearly been He-Man for quite some time already. A younger Adam might have more information about his personality before becoming He-Man. Was he a snotty, irresponsible brat (due to overprotective parents after a sibling's abduction), or has he always been the Golden Boy? What sort of relationship does he have with his parents? With Teela? Man-At-Arms?

I hope a 200X/younger Adam comes with his scepter, as well as the "collapsed" electronic sword.
    Amen to that!!!

I guess that could explain why the upcoming Adam doesn't have a bio and is treated like an accessory, rather than being given equal treatment. It wouldn't make much sense storywise to introduce the adult Adam before the teen Adam. at least we're getting the 80s Adam for now, rather than having him use up a monthly slot or bonus figure slot. IMO it was the best way to get the 80s version out there, and have the young version for a monthly slot release (since it'll most likely be a new mold, I'd presume).

I'm sure he'll most likely come with his scepter and hopefully his 200x sword, and who knows, maybe that version of Adam will have cringer packed in, since Cringer was also in the myp series & it'd make sense to include him. young adam would most likely be a bit more slender and cringer being smaller, they could easily fit both in one package.

Of course i always love Mattel's answers to things... they say they've got the whole story & lineup of characters written out through 2016, but then when asked about any given specific character, it's always '' We don't have plans for that at this time''.... Really? I thought you just said you had the whole line planned out through 2016. can anyone say 'flip flop'? these are toys, not top secret gov't projects.... no point in all the secrecy imo. they should be saying, 'Yes, X is coming, in due time as long as the line continues.' see how simple that is?
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

Marketing Manager at Mattel Toyguru's Avatar
    That's because while we have the line planned through 2016, at the end this is just a piece of paper on my wall and the plan has to be green lit each year for the next year's product line one year at a time.

We can only "confirm" a figure once we get to that year's batch (and even then we will wait to announce figures strategically based on PR events like SDCC etc...). Anything beyond 2011 at this point is just a roadmap and words on paper, not actual confirmed toys. (granted the "plan" is to follow the master roadmap, it will just be done year-to-year as we get to each year's planning stage every fall for the following year).

So this fall we will officially propose our 2012 figures (based on our master roadmap plan), and next fall we will officially propose our 2013 figures (based on our master road map plan) and so on. But until each year's individual figures are green lit by management, the line up is just words on paper (and bios) and not actual product.

Does that make sense? Most brands don't work this far in advance, but for collector lines like MOTU and DCU it becomes important to think way ahead!

That is why we created a master road map so that as we get to each year we have enough strong characters to make a fulfilling annual product line every time.

If something changes from the master plan and a figure we had in the line up does not go through or is moved around, all it will have cost is words on paper, not any tooling or actual product development. We may even add or subtract things or change from the original plan based on sales and or new entertainment. We didn't originally have all of the beasts in the line up but after a strong 2009 they were added for 2010 and then 2011. So even with a master plan in place things are always in flux. Nothing is locked down until a figure goes into production.

TG
    Last edited by Toyguru; April 17, 2010 at 09:49pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Toyguru View Post
    That's because while we have the line planned through 2016, at the end this is just a piece of paper on my wall and the plan has to be green lit each year for the next year's product line one year at a time.

We can only "confirm" a figure once we get to that year's batch (and even then we will wait to announce figures strategically based on PR events like SDCC etc...). Anything beyond 2011 at this point is just a roadmap and words on paper, not actual confirmed toys. (granted the "plan" is to follow the master roadmap, it will just be done year-to-year as we get to each year's planning stage every fall for the following year).

So this fall we will officially propose our 2012 figures (based on our master roadmap plan), and next fall we will officially propose our 2013 figures (based on our master road map plan) and so on. But until each year's individual figures are green lit by management, the line up is just words on paper (and bios) and not actual product.

Does that make sense? Most brands don't work this far in advance, but for collector lines like MOTU and DCU it becomes important to think way ahead!

That is why we created a master road map so that as we get to each year we have enough strong characters to make a fulfilling annual product line every time.

If something changes from the master plan and a figure we had in the line up does not go through or is moved around, all it will have cost is words on paper, not any tooling or actual product development. We may even add or subtract things or change from the original plan based on sales and or new entertainment. We didn't originally have all of the beasts in the line up but after a strong 2009 they were added for 2010 and then 2011. So even with a master plan in place things are always in flux. Nothing is locked down until a figure goes into production.

TG
    So, uh ... are there plans to do Prince Adam on his own card or not? I think that'd be really, really, really weird if the plan was to exclude him from a normal release.

Well, I hope that if Adam does come with a bio it's either on the two-pack or with young Adam. I'd be really upset (and my guess, many others would as well) if I'd have to get a second vintage Adam just to have his bio.

Does that make sense? Most brands don't work this far in advance, but for collector lines like MOTU and DCU it becomes important to think way ahead
    Makes sense to me.

Is it a rare occurrence for a figure off the "road map" to be rejected for any given year, or is it pretty common to have one or more that need to be switched out for someone else?

Since the bios are planned out so far in advance and most characters usually hold a piece of the overall story, it must suck when/if something gets canned.

Protector of Grayskull scottycash2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanSD View Post
    No!!! Adam will never be released on his own card...

This is penance to all you MOC collectors - pay for your sins for never freeing your action figures from their plastic prisons!!!
    LMAO! nicely done
    Faker - The real He-man!

check out
    www.thatnewtoysmell.com

Collector of Toys 4 Life

TG
    ahh... Thanks for clearing that up. I see how it works now.

anyway, it's good to know there are plans to keep MOTU alive through 2016. I very much look forward to every figure & beast that comes our way!! I'm loving this line alot, especially the characters we've never had as figures.
    I hope we can look forward to some Horde & Snakemen soon.... I also hope that Fisto can be called Fisto, & not 'battle fist'.
    Lifelong fan of: MOTU, G.I.Joe, Transformers, most 'good' movies of any genre, Star Wars, oldies/classic rock & country music, WWE/WWF/WCW/NWA wrestling, old school circus sideshow performers & fictional movie 'creatures', my friends and family. oh, yes...and I love action figures!!!!!

Support MVCreations for MOTUC!!!!

So...since G. Gordon Liddy is still alive...how much do you think he would charge to "access" toyguru's "wall?"

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by Jukka View Post
    I'd think Adam's bio would use most of the existing He-Man bio-text.
    I think most of these characters have had enough adventures that they can justify a couple of bios. Like Skeletor and Keldor both have their own bios despite essentially being the same character.

Quote Originally Posted by DemoMan View Post
    I think most of these characters have had enough adventures that they can justify a couple of bios. Like Skeletor and Keldor both have their own bios despite essentially being the same character.
    Agreed. Surely main characters like Adam and She-ra have enough going on in their life history to say something new in their bios, even if it's just to flush out the mythos. Adam's bio could be the story of the very first day he transformed. There must have been some emergency, a driving reason that made it necessary.
    A boy and his cat versus the world...
    http://www.jaybellbooks.com/the-cat-in-the-cradle/

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Bell View Post
    Adam's bio could be the story of the very first day he transformed. There must have been some emergency, a driving reason that made it necessary.
    I wonder if they'll use the "breaking of mystic wall that kept Skeletor away" storyline, that was in the original 80s comics, and then later re-used by MYP...

Prince Adam Bio, why did we not get one?

I just thought with all the emphasis on the bios....why did Adam, a centrally important character, not get one?

We have an Adam, therefore like it or not, he is part of the MOTUC story, and he is He-Man....so don't we have a bio? Even though I don't care about it, it could explain the Techno Sword with MAA a little better as to why we have it, as well as how Adam got the Power Sword halves merged.

I mean they could have inserted a folded piece of paper with Orko & Adam for his bio, but we got nothing.

We're supposed to "keep reading the bios" yet I think we have one important piece of info missing....Adam's. His could fill in many blanks, and link many things together.

EDIT:
    You know the search function doesn't always work, and get the results you want. I did a search and found nothing.
    Last edited by shadowfall1976; April 25, 2012 at 12:43pm.
    Recent....Flogg
    Coming....
    Wanted....Entrapa, Light Hope, (A real) Filmation Hordak & Clawful
    Considering....
    Needed....Dragstor

Oh man, did I forget to use these [sarcasm][/sarcasm] again? Sorry....

Check here for my My collection page, MOTU and more!

Always Lurking Around Son of Keldor's Avatar
    It would be great if they did make his bio and it be released w/ the young adam (if he actually gets produced?)

Another would be to create one for cringer as well and pack them in as a bonus on a release date for a figure down the line.

=)
    Can I get a "Hell Yeah" for Scorpia!!!

My Trader Feedback thread:

http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...eldor+feedback

Heroic Master of 200X MegaGearMax's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowfall1976 View Post
    I just thought with all the emphasis on the bios....why did Adam, a centrally important character, not get one?

We have an Adam, therefore like it or not, he is part of the MOTUC story, and he is He-Man....so don't we have a bio? Even though I don't care about it, it could explain the Techno Sword with MAA a little better as to why we have it, as well as how Adam got the Power Sword halves merged.

I mean they could have inserted a folded piece of paper with Orko & Adam for his bio, but we got nothing.

We're supposed to "keep reading the bios" yet I think we have one important piece of info missing....Adam's. His could fill in many blanks, and link many things together.

EDIT:
    You know the search function doesn't always work, and get the results you want. I did a search and found nothing.
    It was explained a while ago in a Q&A that Toyguru thought that He-Man's bio pretty much explained everything about Adam.

However, if we get Adam variants (200X Adam might tell about his early life, IF he was really irresponsible in Classics and meeting Cringer. Blue Vested DC Comic Adam could tell us about his adult life and wenching. LOL!), we might get more story on him.

New Adventures Adam would probably explain about Adam's disguise on Primus.

The Blonde Teela (Battleground and Alcala Teela) Thread
    The Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn (The Real 200X Evil-Lyn) Thread
    MegaGearMax's 200X/MYP Screen Grabs

Oo-Larr • Sagitar • Cloak and Dagger Evil-Lyn • 200X Prince Adam • 200X Sorceress • Ninjor • Tung Lashor • Sssqueeze • Angella • Perfuma • Mermista • Evilseed (MYP)

Heroic Warrior Teacher of Madness's Avatar
    They should release a set of false cardbacks for sale on Mattycollector for pack-in characters and little sidekicks, and use those bios as gap-fillers. We could already have Adam, Cringer, Pixel, Zoar, Screech, Doomseeker, Glory Bird, and who knows what else in the future.

Heroic Warrior
    Quote Originally Posted by MegaGearMax View Post
    It was explained a while ago in a Q&A that Toyguru thought that He-Man's bio pretty much explained everything about Adam.
    I usually cut TG a lot of slack, but honestly, in this case... he's flat out WRONG. He'man has the most CONVOLUTED Bio of a 'main character' ever written. Between Goddess, Sorceress, technovest, combined swords... techno swords... age.. there is a LOT of stuff that we just don't know, or just doesn't make sense... Heck we didn't know for sure it was a 'secret id' until Battle Cat came along....

Even the varients aren't doing a very good job filling in the hole. TP He-man did a better job as Faker's bio than it did to clear up He-man's story...