Thread: If He-Man from MOTUC was real, what would his proportions be?

If He-Man from MOTUC was real, what would his proportions be?

I guess that goes for all of the male characters in the line too. I couldn't find a thread on this so mods feel free to move it. Wasn't sure where to put it.

What would the male proportions be?
    What would the female proportions be?

and how would they compare to the other He-Man toy lines?

I'm going to try and be one of the characters for Halloween (planning ahead here). I just want to see how far one would have to go

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    MrO2007FinalsBBcomILS-0341191440529.JPG

Nah...just kidding. Although A modern-day (aesthetically pleasing) bodybuilder would match the chunky look of the line, I actually thing He-Man would look a bit more reasonable as a Berry DeMey (below) from the late 80's than a monstrous Dennis Wolf (above).

fotos_berry_demey_106.jpg
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

Yikes! Those are some scary looking dudes (in more than one way)!
    Not to sound like a creepy cheerleader for Uki, but it's nice to know there is at least one person on this forum who is extremely positive & friendly all the time. I don't think I could be that nice even if you paid me. If we ever give out awards for "forum member of the month", Uki gets my vote. -Mr. Shokoti

Subscribe for MOTUC 2015!!!

Heroic Warrior
    I'm thinking something along the lines of the most buff MMA fighters. Allistair Overreem for someone like He-Man, and Gina Carrano for She-Ra/Teela.

Clown Prince of Darkness Benedict Judas Hel's Avatar
    The Ninth Level of Hell plotting my slow and painful revenge on the brightly sunlit world...
    Quote Originally Posted by yeahthatsme1973 View Post
    If He-Man from MOTUC was real, what would his proportions be?
    Death-inducing!
    "Wheresoever on earth he dwells, man is prey to two weaknesses: the need to pray and the need to love."-Marquis de Sade

"It is not by reasoning or by our understanding that we have received our religion; it is by external authority and command."-Michel De Montaigne

Heretical Vintage Purist and Non-Fan Extraordinaire!

I'd probably have to say that a fair share of bodybuilders pre-1990 or thereabouts could fall into the He-Man proportioned category. Big Country's example of Berry DeMey is a good one.

A female counter-part, Teela for example - in my opinion - could be Rachel McLish.
    Most Wanted MOTU Classics:

*MotU ~ Multi-Bot/Tung Lashor *PoP ~ Angella/Mermista *200X ~ Roboto/Calix *Filmation ~ Teela Na/Lord Masque
    *Play-Sets ~ Snake Mountain/Fright Zone *Vehicles ~ Roton/Land Shark *Beasts ~ Night Stalker/Stridor

Evil Lord of the Deadlift Larry Waters's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
    I'd probably have to say that a fair share of bodybuilders pre-1990 or thereabouts could fall into the He-Man proportioned category. Big Country's example of Berry DeMey is a good one.

A female counter-part, Teela for example - in my opinion - could be Rachel McLish.
    McLish is an okay choice...but I'd rather a Cory Everson circa 1990.
    Successful trades/purchases
    Squishy Duck Man, Man-E-Toys, JOAH-MAN, Jawbridge, Zuff-Man, Mern-Ra, He-Ryno, tattoojunkie74, zodak74, bigassbuzz

I still say Arnold Schwarzenegger they way he looked in Conan The Destroyer. His physique in that is like an MOTU figure come to life.

Snappy Threader
    I would think he would have to look somewhat like Batista the former WWE star.

Tom Platz!

Cory Everson was a big gal! I think she would probably be too large in comp to her costars. I think a martial arts experienced fitness model type would help make He-man look bigger. I think He-man should be monstrously muscled to match his title. The guys in the pics above are probably some of the best we could get, but I still see flaws in size equality. Some areas were worked larger than others and the dang forearms were neglected yet again. A good number of builders dont get equal mass in the lower legs and forearms to the rest of their physique.
    Darth Pardus

Classic Want list: Stinkor shield, Extendar, Snake Face, Snout Spout, Snake mountain bridge and net, Fright Fighter, Talon fighter radar dish, jetsled, tower tools, cliff climber, scuba attack, turbodactyl, bionatops, tyrantosaur, and Eternia

I was thinking about this the other day, and it'd be cool if they got a guy who was a good actor and could make Adam a likable layabout. He could have a normal, fit physique. Then you could cast He-man with a bodybuilder and just replace his head with a bulked up version (probably via CGI) of the Adam actor. I think it'd be doable. I'd rather they do that than cast a bodybuilder who couldn't act or go with an all-CGI body for He-man.

If I have the figure measurements right, the male figures are 6.75" tall, 3.75" waist (?), 5.5" chest, and 2.5" arms?

If He-Man were 6'0" tall then he'd have
    a 40" waist
    58" chest
    and 26" arms... if my measurements of the figures are right that is...

Would He-Man have the same size of thighs as those guys?

His chest & arms are as huge, but not sure about the legs.
    Funny Fan Fic: Meet the Rea-Por! (Heroic & Villainous Deaths) & The Mighty Spector's FIRST EVER FAN-FIC
    & not so funny Fan Fic: War of Attrition
    Trade feedback & WANTED: Bow/SLL style boots!