Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Grayskull Convention 2012 in Europe - Tickets on sale now!

Grayskull Convention 2012 in Europe - Tickets on sale now!

He-Fans and She-Ravers,

itīs that time of the year again, when we announce the annual European MOTU fan-gathering called Grayskull Con!

This years Grayskull Con will be held in Bergneustadt near Cologne from the 31st of August to 2nd of September.
    And to celebrate both 30 years of He-Man overall (YEAH!) and 10 years of 200x (also YEAH!), here are some details of our amazing program:

Guests:

• James "Busta Toons" Eatock
      James is one of those people that most, if not every MOTU fan worldwide knows, so instead of a long introduction, here are some words associated with James:
      The Power and Honor Foundation, Cereal:Geek, The unofficial cartoon guide, Busta Toons Blogspot, Filmation know-it-all.
      Things to expect from James: live-audiocommentaries, autographs, limited edition artprints, Cereal:Geek magazines, massive insider knowledge, "Beat the Geek" quizshow, and an overall fantastic guy to hang around with!
    • John F. Carroll
      John is the writer, producer and director of the US-based MOTU Fanfilm trilogy including "The Wizard of Stone Mountain" (WOSM), "The Fountain of Life" (FOL) and "The Trials of Darksmoke" (TRIALS). He also plays "Malik", the Wizard of Stone Mountain himself.
      Thins to expect from John: World Premiere of the second part of his fanfilm trilogy "The Fountain of Life", Fanfilm trilogy merchandise, movie props, cameo-shootings for the third film and a live-audiocommentary for the first film "WOSM". He will be accompanied by:
    • Bridget Farias
      The lovely Texan actress plays the part of Kareen in the fanfilm trilogy. Both Bridget and John are thrilled to be with us in Germany to not only celebrate 30 years of He-Man, but to show their latest movie to the public for the first time.
      Things to expect from Bridget: live-audiocommentary on WOSM as mentioned before, autographs, lots of background information on acting in a MOTU fanfilm.
      Cancelled
    • Engelbert von Nordhausen
      Engelbert is the German voice-actor of Frank "Skeletor" Langella in the 1987 MOTU live-action movie. This is the second time Engelbert will be with us and he is very much looking forward to meeting all the fans again!
      Things to expect from Engelbert: readings, live-audioplay on stage, autographs (do we really need to mention this every time? ^^), LOTS of insider knowledge and stories from the glamorous world of dubbing and a workshop on voice acting.
    • Jukka Issakainen
      Jukka, also known as "Jukka" on the .org forums ;-) where he also is a moderator, recently started to compile all his expert knowledge about 200x into a really cool blog. Heīs got stories and a massive knowledge about all things 200x to share.
      Things to expect: panel about 200x comics and cartoon
    • Sebastian "Reilly" Vogl
      Sebastian, also known as "Sir Reilly" on the .org forums, is - much like James and Jukka - a walking encyclopedia on all things MOTU, and since heīs such a nice guy, heīs willing to share all this knowledge :-) Heīs also a regular on the German podcast "Das He-Manische Quartett" and moderator on the German MOTU fansite planeteternia.de
      Things to expect from Sebastian: panel on vintage comics, live-recordings of the Quartett podcast with interested fans
    • Wilfried A. Hary
      Wilfried is the author of German comic stories that got translated in 7 different languages and published all around the world. So chances are you have read some of his work already.
      Things to expect from Wilfried: panel on his comics and his work as a science-fiction/fantasy author in general
    • Sebastian Kempke
      Not having to do anything with MOTU in his career (yet) in the comic book industry doesnīt keep Sebastian from being a very talented comic book artist with a big love for MOTU.
      Things to expect from Sebastian: free sketches and drawings, and an exclusive minicomic for sale
    • Val "JVS3" Staples
      If youīre here on the .org and have no clue who Val is, youīre in the wrong forums. Val is not only the he-man.org owner and admin, he is also a renowned comic colorist and the founder of MVCreations, the company that brought us the awesome 200x comic books.
      Things to expect from Val: panel on 200x comics, panel on digital coloring, live colorings of black/white sketches you bring him (for a small fee to cover his expenses) and recordings for the Roast Gooble Dinner

Program
    • Live-Chat with Scott "ToyGuru" Neitlich, including Q&A with fans!
    • Beat the Geek: James Eatock vs. the World!
    • Eternian Grand Prix: The greatest race on Eternia. Dragonwalkers, Road Rippers and other vehicles in a battle for speed and fame!
    • Live-Audioplay "The Stream of Time" (German only): The traditional live-audioplay with participation of our voice actor guests and some amazingly talented fans.
    • Live-Audiocommentary for "Wizard of Stone Mountain" John Carroll talking about filming, production and sharing lots of funny stories;-)
    • World Premiere of "The Fountain of Life", the second part of the Fanfilm Trilogy!
    • From Etheria with love: Stand-Up Comedy about the rather infamous German She-Ra audioplays.
    • 10 years of 200x: A retrospective on the MOTU relaunch with Jukka Issakainen, focusing on comics and cartoons
    • Panel about dubbing and directing: Engelbert von Nordhausen talkig about the highs and lows of his profession.
    • 80ies Disco-Party: Saturday Night will be filled with 80ies Pop, Wave, Rock and the occasional cartoon theme song ;-)
    • Panel discussion: Whatīs better, Vintage or 200x? MOTUC: Blessing or Curse? How should a new MOTU movie be made? Whoīs more powerful: He-Man or Hulk? Questions and more questions, and we will certainly discuss some on stage.
    • Cosplay Contest: Dress up as your favorite MOTU hero, villain or neutral and win amazing prices!
    • Dolphing! Friday night is Dolph-Time! Join fellow fans watching the 1987 MOTU live-action movie on the big screen!
    • Workshops: learn voice acting, sword fighting and much more!
    • Furthermore: Raffles, Contests, Cartoons, Audioplays and the occasional surprise will await you!

But wait, there is more!
    • MOTUC Temple of Darkness Sorceress. To the best of our knowledge, the Grayskull Con will be the first convention worldwide where this exclusive MOTUC figure can be bought! Further information and instructions how to get this figure will be provided in a very short time!
    • HUGE exhibition: Last years exhibition surprised most fans with the original screen-used Evil-Lyn costume from the 1987 live action movie, some screenused weapons and an amazing selection of 80ies merchandise, Mint on card actionfigures, customs and various fanworks, including a fully equipped, lifesize Castle Grayskull weaponsrack, powersword, He-Ro gravestone and lots more.
      This year, we not only doubled, but tripled our efforts to bring you the most jaw dropping exhibition the Grayskull Con has ever seen!
    • Bring and Buy Fleamarket: Bring your stuff and we sell it on your behalf!
    • Merchants room
    • Con-Merchandise: Limited Edition Artprints, custom actionfigure items and much more!

And last but not least
    • An overall wonderful time, with fellow fans and collectors from all over the world in a friendly and familiar atmosphere.

How to sign up:

Where:
    Jugendgaestehaus Bergneustadt (http://www.jgh.eu/)

When:
    31st of August to 2nd of September

Tickets:
    • Full Ticket with accommodation in convention building and catering:
    • Full Ticket with accommodation on convention buildings camping ground and catering:
    • Full Ticket without accommodation and catering:
    • Daily Ticket Friday:
    • Daily Ticket Saturday:
    • Daily Ticket Sunday:

A Full Ticket is valid for the course of the whole convention (Friday to Sunday).
    There are 80 beds in shared rooms available. Once these are gone, they are gone!
    Tickets for accommodation on the camping ground are per person, not per tent! Please bring own tent!

Daily Tickets are valid
    Friday: 4pm to saturday 2am
    Saturday: 10 am to sunday 2am
    Sunday: 10am to 4 pm.
    (Times are subject to change, we are still working on the schedule and most propably will EXTEND the times!

To sign up you need to write an email to he-man-conventions@gmx.de, including:
    • your name
    • your nickname (optional)
    • complete address
    • desired ticket(s)

If you are signing up for more than one person at a time, please provide the above requested information AND a valid email address for every person.
    You will receive an email with how to pay for the tickets usually within 24 hours.

We will use this thread to collect and answer your urgent questions, and to announce more guests and program.

Good Journey!
    Last edited by DJ Force; August 14, 2012 at 12:27pm.
    Positivity, folks!
    Letīs all agree to love MOTU enough to let others love MOTU, too!

Awesome!

The boys from Belgium are going!

Looking forward to it !!!
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

http://www.redbubble.com/people/crusader

Master of Eternian Lore Chroniklor's Avatar
    Watch out German He-Fans: here we come
    Chroniklor, the Heroic Keeper of Eternian Myths, Legends and Lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chroniklor View Post
    Watch out German He-Fans: here we come
    Brace yourselves: Belgians are coming
    "A knight is sworn to valor. His heart knows only virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the wicked."

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader View Post
    Brace yourselves: Belgians are coming
    And we are LOUD! Ah, looking forward to this!

master of hiphop
    great stuff...

Have fun!!! if i wasn't all the way over in Canada
    Download!! 25% goes to help the ORG!!!!!
    http://theimpressionistz.bandcamp.co...ame-back-clean
    AGE FEEDBACK: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=128035
    album photos lots more to come: check out my profile
    my want list: http://www.he-man.org/forums/boards/...d.php?t=148549
    Collection PICS:http://www.crazycollectors.de/age.html

Quote Originally Posted by AGE View Post
    great stuff...

Have fun!!! if i wasn't all the way over in Canada
    Oh, come on man, it's only about... what, an 18 hours flight?

Merely 10 hours
    Positivity, folks!

Ooooh... see, that's not too bad. Lol.

master of hiphop
    LOL

funny guys.... well i have some property in Slovakia but i won't be going there until next year.. so maybe then.. and heck now that's close

LOL

funny guys.... well i have some property in Slovakia but i won't be going there until next year.. so maybe then.. and heck now that's close
    LOL! Wouldn't SDCC or Power-Con be a possibility for you then?

master of hiphop
    Yep been to 3 SDCC's in the last 4 years, lots of fun but i'd rather hit up a Motu Exclusive con like Power Con or this Con as i only collect Motu,

but the wife and i would love to visit Europe and see Germany and Hungry.. Hungry is where my Father is from so i have lots of family out there. So one year for sure.. and hey.. The Wife said she would even go and i got it in writting

LOL! Wouldn't SDCC or Power-Con be a possibility for you then?

A note to our non-german friends!

He-Fans and She-Raver!

As you surely have noticed most of our blog and our official stuff is bilingual, yet there are some informations wich are currently available in German only.

We are working on the translation, yet it takes some time to get all this right. If you are interested in joining our convention, please be aware that you HAVE to sign up in advance! For legal reasons, we cannot let you attend the convention if you show up without us knowing you will come!

You have the Power!

Oh, and hereīs a little teaser of what to expect in this years exhibition :-)

So I was sitting there, drinking coffee, minding my own business, when suddenly the doorbell rings.

Oh! Itīs the postman! Delivering a registered envelope from Italy. Sounds interesting!

Letīs unwrap!

This looks familiar...

Itīs Danbrenusī artprints of our con-exclusive Mini-Comic! Woohoo!

And they are signed by the artist!

I think, because Dan is so nice to send this to us, we will be so nice to give you all a chance to get a few signed artprints at the convention. And be sure to get one of the Minicomics, featuring a brand new Story by Ascalon and the truly awesome Alcala-Style Artwork by Danbrenus!

See you at Grayskull Con 2012!
    Last edited by DJ Force; April 30, 2012 at 07:54am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

And we are LOUD! Ah, looking forward to this!
    I'm also looking forward to this, sign us up!
    I have the real power!

My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/orkothewizard?feature=mhee

I would love to go. I had such a great time at last year's con, and everyone was so friendly. The only stumbling block this year as I can see is getting some kind of transfer from Cologne Bonn airport to Bergneustadt. I checked out suntransfers.com and asked them for a quote, but as I feared the cost is way too much. I don't drive, but was wondering how others hoping to attend this year's con was going to manage the transfer. I was wondering if there was a train or bus or some cheaper means of transportation available. By the way, does anyone know yet just where in Bergneustadt the convention is to be held

DSCF0008a.jpg

If you shouldnīt find any transfer, please let us know. Weīll do our best to help out!

The address of the Convention location is:
    Freundeskreis Jugendgästehaus Bergneustadt e.V. - Schöne Aussicht 45 - 51702 Bergneustadt

I just did a little research and it seems Bergneustadt cannot be reached via train. However, you can go by train from the airport to Gummersbach (app. 10 Euros or less) and then take a bus to Bergneustadt. And as I said before: If things totally donīt work out, get in touch with us and weīll try to arrange for pick up!

No posting without News!
    The German based independent musicians of Erdenstern will deliver this years "soundtrack".

Erdenstern is famous for their "Into the Green" soundtrack compilation that features mood-tracks for all kinds of pen and paper roleplaying games. Their music will be heard at the course of the convention and if you like what you hear, you can buy their albums right at the convention info-booth.
    For a taste of things to come, please visit Erdensterns website: http://www.erdenstern.de/

Thereīs a new guest to announce!

Back in the 80ies, most media about MOTU that spread worldwide originated from the US. However, in some rare occasions, other countries also got the chance to make something MOTU. German author Wilfried A. Hary is one of those lucky guys whose MOTU stories (drawn by German comic artist Michael Goetze) were translated in 8 different languages and sold worldwide.
    So naturally we had to invite him and he most willingly agreed to pay us a visit!

Please welcome Mister Wilfried A. Hary to the Grayskull Convention.

By the way: Most of our panel discussions are bilingual, so our international friends will get to enjoy what Mr. Hary has to share with us, too.

Good news!

Tonight I have the honor to announce an exclusive screening of footage from the forthcoming TOY MASTERS feature-length documentary, produced by Roger Lay Jr.
    The screening will include content exclusivly shot for Grayskull Convention! So be all excited! :-)
    Last edited by DJ Force; May 6, 2012 at 03:28pm. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    Positivity, folks!

Quote Originally Posted by DJ Force View Post
    Tonight I have the honor to announce an exclusive screening of footage from the forthcoming TOY MASTERS feature-length documentary, produced by Roger Lay Jr.
    The screening will include content exclusivly shot for Grayskull Convention! So be all excited! :-)
    Nice !!! I so hope the screening is on saturday, because I'm dying to see that documentary.

LOL

Wow! The world is small I come from Slovakia, my father is Czech and my grandmother is Hungarian!
    I only stay in Denmark now for studies

Hey, then why donīt you meet at the Grayskull Con this year?
    Positivity, folks!

Coolness!
    I wonder how long of a video-snippet they will show.

In any case it's one amazing news to await at the Con!

master of hiphop
    Quote Originally Posted by Sabretooth View Post
    Wow! The world is small I come from Slovakia, my father is Czech and my grandmother is Hungarian!
    I only stay in Denmark now for studies
    too funny

yes my father is also Czech and my Grandmother who passed some years ago was Hungarian..
    my mother is French Canadian.. yes very small world

Hey, then why donīt you meet at the Grayskull Con this year?

brother!!! if i could i would hands down.. but i will be coming one year that is for sure
    Last edited by AGE; May 7, 2012 at 09:51am. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Man this sounds awsome, its so cool that there are two dedicated cons after all this time.

Thanks a lot, Card!

Although the Grayskull Con is around for 11 years already... :-)

No posting without news - and pictures :-)

Many of you already know Illvanno's famous dioramas and figure-stands, some of you might even own one or more of these precious artworks. Well, the good old "Ille" will be at the Con and put his work on display! Our Audio-Room, where you can listen to music, interviews, documentations and audio-plays, will become Illvanno's AuDio-Room. Examine his terrific dioramas while listening to our audio program, and even shake the artist's hand - could it get any better?

Well, of course it can: You can actually WIN some dioramas in our raffle and take a piece of Eternia back home with you!

And now a taste of things to come...

Positivity, folks!